County 13/04

BalornockJag

I'm pretty sure that Caldwell and the players are feeling distinctly uneasy being bottom of the league with 4 games to go. But as manager he HAS to somehow stay positive things. If he didn't nervous players could implode. I agree he doesn't come across with some of his comments, but what can he say realistically? Alloa game is huge. We need the fans to come out in numbers....

2 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

I'm pretty sure that Caldwell and the players are feeling distinctly uneasy being bottom of the league with 4 games to go. But as manager he HAS to somehow stay positive things. If he didn't nervous players could implode. I agree he doesn't come across with some of his comments, but what can he say realistically? Alloa game is huge. We need the fans to come out in numbers....

Something along the lines of, I know the fans will be anxious, but we do have the players to get us of the bottom of the league. Agree, hope we get a big crowd that gets right behind the team next week and all our remaining games as well. This time last season we thought that getting relegated to the championship was bad, we are now looking at possibly playing in the third tier next season. Time for Thistle players and manager to show us what they are made of .

14 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

I dont fancy the possibility of getting Raith in play offs either to be honest,  I have only bad memorys playing against them.

3 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Caldwell's post-match comment: "The league position is irrelevant"

Good point in many ways, but this unfortunately is the remark of a manager who is a clown.

Yes, we are now 10th. That’s two places below when he took over, as the man trusted to get us promotion. 

Lose against Alloa at Firhill and we are in the deep poo. Cheers GC

7 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Meantime shut your pus and get behind Partick Thistle Football Club.

Thanks for you glad tidings, but I’ve been behind the Jags in many more ways than you might even understand. What I will not put up with is mediocre management that is taking us down.

Maybe you don’t care about our Club, I do.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sandy said:

Thanks for you glad tidings, but I’ve been behind the Jags in many more ways than you might even understand. What I will not put up with is mediocre management that is taking us down.

Maybe you don’t care about our Club, I do.

Unacceptable.

I care about the Jags more than you will ever know, Sandy.

So **** off with your 'I'm a better supporter than you' attitude.

Edited by Barney Rubble
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't like Caldwell and he wasn't who I wanted as Manager either .. but  i dread to think where we would be at the moment if he hadn't improved the squad in January.  I don't agree with a lot of what he has done but it's 4 games to go and he's not going anywhere. 

Archie would no doubt  still be wanting to give the likes of Ntwambe etc  a chance and stuck with our defensive duo Keown and Mcginty. Not to mention Cammy Canny move Bell.

Don't like him but I have to say this is an absolutely crazy league it's so unpredictable it's unreal. 5 teams that could potentially finish bottom with 4/3 games to go.

They need all the support they can get at the moment imo.

We couldve ended up way Jim McIntyre also ....

Edited by Thistle88

There is a potential set of worse case results that leaves us stranded with only an outside hope of a playoff by next Saturday. If Morton beat ICT on Tuesday, Falkirk beat Morton on Saturday, QOS beat Dunfermline on Saturday and we lose to Alloa there will be a 4 point gap to Falkirk & QOS (really 5 given their GD) and 5 to Morton.

If that happens all the teams above us know that they can take draws against the teams higher up in the league who will also probably take draws to conserve themselves for the playoffs.

Best case by next week we are 2 points of the bottom and would at the very least have a winner takes all game against QOS on the last game of the season to avoid automatic relegation.

Next week is huge. An absolute must win with huge pressure on our team because of the above. For Alloa they can afford to lose so don't have the same pressure. Pressure effects performances therefore league position matters.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sandy said:

Maybe you should grow up and smell the coffee; it’s been a shite season and it gets worse

Would you not say it’s been a shite couple of seasons? I struggle to find many positives for last season either. If you were being brutally honest you would probably struggle too as well 

3 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Caldwell's post-match comment: "The league position is irrelevant"

Actual quote from BBC website, not sure where the above quote came from

Partick Thistle manager Gary Caldwell: "I thought we played extremely well and, if anything, deserved more and, if we had been more clinical in the final third, could have got more.

"The game in hand we have is very important and the league table will only matter after the last game of the season."

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

Would you not say it’s been a shite couple of seasons? I struggle to find many positives for last season either. If you were being brutally honest you would probably struggle too as well 

Matt, it has been two seasons of disappointment I agree. But I expected more from the Jags this season.

11 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Sorry to the rest of the board for getting sucked into this nonsense

But OK, I'll bite- tell me why it's  inaccurate, Sandy.

You put words in quotation mark that weren’t mine; that’s a quote that was false.

And you don’t have to apologise to anyone here, nae body's getting sucked in. Have a nice night 

2 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Actual quote from BBC website, not sure where the above quote came from

Partick Thistle manager Gary Caldwell: "I thought we played extremely well and, if anything, deserved more and, if we had been more clinical in the final third, could have got more.

"The game in hand we have is very important and the league table will only matter after the last game of the season."

The quote that I posted was from a post-match interview on BBC Radio Scotland.

Just now, sandy said:

Agreed mate, that’s what hurts the most. We should have not been 10th by now.

Completely agree, didn’t think we could get any worse than last season but this one beggars belief. Time for Caldwell and the players to dig us out of this hole for 4 games or for them to leave