County 13/04

BalornockJag

7 hours ago, Alan Murray said:

I will make a judgment of Caldwell at the end of the season. He has done well since the window with some good players coming in. 

If he can keep us up in what is a very difficult situation then he will probably keep his job. It's the time before the Xmas window that's really hurt us but there are clear signs of improvement since then. 

I think we will be in this league next year, I'm not sure if it is blind optimism or the fact that as I type Morton are one nil down against ICT after 22 minutes. Regardless of the final league positions, there needs to be some sort of open discussion regarding the teams performance. I think a discussion is something the board will want to avoid, but since there is little or no statements of progress forthcoming from them [although I believe we were told this would happen] we should be able to 'demand' some sort of general meeting. To fall so far in two years may be indicative of something seriously wrong with the club.

Edited by ARu-Strathbungo

I have emailed the Jags Trust about a week ago suggesting that they could hold a series of meetings throughout the season to which board members and other club employees are invited to attend. 

No reply yet, but perhaps the two fans' trusts could get together to hold joint meetings along the same lines.  It would be difficult for anyone from the club to refuse to attend when the two trusts own over 26% of shares.

It's time for our Trusts to stand up and be counted.  Communication between Club and fans is desperately poor and needs to be improved very quickly, and a  format agreed for the future.

Edited by eljaggo

13 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

I have emailed the Jags Trust about a week ago suggesting that they could hold a series of meetings throughout the season to which board members and other club employees are invited to attend. 

No reply yet, but perhaps the two fans' trusts could get together to hold joint meetings along the same lines.  It would be difficult for anyone from the club to refuse to attend when the two trusts own over 26% of shares.

It's time for our Trusts to stand up and be counted.  Communication between Club and fans is desperately poor and needs to be improved very quickly, and a  format agreed for the future.

You’d be lucky to get a reply from either Trust...that’s been my experience sadly 

4 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Not a bad result for us. Morton still in the battle. Always best to wait until the 90 mins are up.

Morton and Thistle on the same goal difference. Could  Dools goal that wasn't given against Morton be important come the end of the season ?

On 4/15/2019 at 8:42 PM, Emsca said:

No I would'nt.

I take your point that sometimes appointments don't work and managers need to be moved aside. I just worry tha if  we appoint someone else and there is no improvement- what then? Change again?

Given you are into hypothetical questions, what if we pick up 7 points out of last 12 and finish safe. Would you still sack him?

Your first part, Yes, if something clearly isn't working, you have to change it, to keep going and hoping against hope is foolish. You keep changing until you get it right. Within sensible boundries of course.

To your second question, if that happened? it's hard, it really is. Foolishly by me, I've never met the guy, but I just don't rate him. This is based on his tactics, formations and in game decision making. Oh, and his pre and post match meanderings.

After the county game I wanted him gone, right away. Not even keep him on to clean the toilets. After the DUFC game i changed my mind to the extent of his being allowed to save us from disaster. It's so up and down being a jaggy this season. 

For the long term benefit of the club and not ong term benefit of Caldwell, yes, I'd get rid. IMHO he is not the long term answer. Even if he gets 7 points from 9. He told us he'd get us up. Had he taken us to 5th, 6th and just missing out on play offs I'd probably go with keeping him and giving him a chance, but facts are facts, he hasn't, he's a failure in my opinion. We need to STOP rewarding failure or we will continue to be a yo yo club.

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

We win our game in hand we will be above Morton on goal difference. 

Yes indeed, but say we win by one goal, we are just a goal ahead on goal difference. After that, say Morton and ourselves have matching results, apart from one game where they win 3-0 and we win 1-0.  The 2 goal swing means that Morton finish ahead of us by 1 goal. Reinstate the ghost goal, we gain 1, Morton lose 1, and we are ahead again. So this ghost goal could still come back to haunt us.