County 13/04

BalornockJag

Fail to win against Alloa next week and the fans will vote with their feet for the remaining games, more so than they have already done this season.

For me, it we don’t win next week then it’s all over. The players heads will go down and the fans will make their feelings known.

At least we’ll have the Airdrie games to look forward to next season. Do the Section B still exist?

3 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Fail to win against Alloa next week and the fans will vote with their feet for the remaining games, more so than they have already done this season.

For me, it we don’t win next week then it’s all over. The players heads will go down and the fans will make their feelings known.

At least we’ll have the Airdrie games to look forward to next season. Do the Section B still exist?

4 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Agree. If we don’t beat Alloa, some fans will be giving next season a miss too

4 minutes ago, Kingleo said:

What a bawsack this sandy character is. Total nugget

Thistle brings out the worst in folk. Myself included lol

He just doesn't like Caldwell. He may be proved right but we need a bit of unity.

I'm officially a negative Norrie after today's results. Alloa game is MASSIVE now.

1 minute ago, jagfox said:

Thistle brings out the worst in folk. Myself included lol

He just doesn't like Caldwell. He may be proved right but we need a bit of unity.

I'm officially a negative Norrie after today's results. Alloa game is MASSIVE now.

Alloa game is massive, I agree Jagfox. Season defining.

1 minute ago, jagfox said:

When they kick at your front door
How you gonna come?
With your hands on your head
Or on the trigger of your gun

Screenshot_20190413-205902_FlashScores.thumb.jpg.9ac23f7ccc097e885844b7865de4dc85.jpg

Helmets on folks. It's gonna be a rough ride...

Surly this has got to be posted on our dressing room wall next week just in case the player's think our league position is irrelevant..Could G.C. In his mind games be telling the player's that they are in the playoffs for promotion rather than bottom of the league..

9 minutes ago, sandy said:

Alloa game is massive, I agree Jagfox. Season defining.

A must win now. Alloa have shown bigger teams how things should be done with 4 wins in a row. They still need another win to be safe.

Interesting times...

It's a shame. We had chances and Anderson should have buried that opportunity near the end.   You couldn't tell which team was top and which team was bottom. 

Other than their piper and drummer, and their "kids' corner" next to our fans, their fans made hardly any noise, apart from when they wanted a penalty.  It was eery. They are about to be promoted, so you would expect them to be buzzing. 

I'd like Fitzpatrick to get a start.  He scares opponents and makes things happen. He made a positive difference in his brief appearance today, even though he appeared to get injured just after coming on.

Next week, as everyone is saying, is utterly massive for us.   

Edited by Vacamion
Spelling
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

It's a shame. We had chances and Anderson should have buried that opportunity near the end.   You couldn't tell which team was top and which team was bottom. 

Other than their piper and drummer, and their "kids' corner" next to our fans, their fans made hardly any noise, apart from when they wanted a penalty.  It was eery. They are about to be promoted, so you would expect them to be buzzing. 

I'd like Fitzpatrick to get a start.  He scares opponents and makes things happen. He made a positive difference in his brief appearance today, even though he appeared to get injured just after coming on.

Next week, as everyone is saying, is utterly massive for us.   

I’d love Fitzpatrick to be trusted enough to get more game time. Most exciting young player to emerge this season; he score last goals and we will need him next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaggy said:

Actual quote from BBC website, not sure where the above quote came from

Partick Thistle manager Gary Caldwell: "I thought we played extremely well and, if anything, deserved more and, if we had been more clinical in the final third, could have got more.

"The game in hand we have is very important and the league table will only matter after the last game of the season."

Caldwell said in a pre match interview and post match interview 'our current league position is irrelevant, it is where we are at the end of the season'. The pre match quote he finished by saying 'we will be much higher at the end of the season'. 

Just now, Auld Jag said:

Caldwell said in a pre match interview and post match interview 'our current league position is irrelevant, it is where we are at the end of the season'. The pre match quote he finished by saying 'we will be much higher at the end of the season'. 

We certainly can't be any lower

I get the angst but we didn’t get here because of Gary Caldwell can you imagine where the Archie squad would be by now....today’s result was fairly good as was the performance and other results didn’t go our way but if we win four games we will be ok

its time to get behind the team for these last games after that we can let off our frustrations 

The fans have been behind the team since the first day. The team have let us down. The BoD have let us down with the 2 managers they have employed this season. Those 2 managers have let us down with their signings and tactics.

We really don’t need to be patronised by telling us to get out and support the team.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I get the angst but we didn’t get here because of Gary Caldwell can you imagine where the Archie squad would be by now....today’s result was fairly good as was the performance and other results didn’t go our way but if we win four games we will be ok

its time to get behind the team for these last games after that we can let off our frustrations 

We didn't get here because of Caldwell. I disagree first 10 games 7 defeats, 5 points if he was an interim manager he would never have got the job with those stats. No doubt since January we have improved vastly. But we still find ourselves at the bottom of the league. If we go down it is Caldwells fault.

• Like 5

Just now, Auld Jag said:

We didn't get here because of Caldwell. I disagree first 10 games 7 defeats, 5 points if he was an interim manager he would never have got the job with those stats. No doubt since January we have improved vastly. But we still find ourselves at the bottom of the league. If we go down it is Caldwells fault.

I can’t agree......if you think the squad Archie left him with is better than the squad we have now your wrong .....it was utter utter pish which is why we brought in so many players which has led to improvement .....we got here because of Archie and the board first of all 

45 minutes ago, sandy said:

I’d love Fitzpatrick to be trusted enough to get more game time. Most exciting young player to emerge this season; he score last goals and we will need him next season.

Sadly sandy I don’t think he will be here next season even if we stay up. I’m hopeful (no idea why but maybe his age that we can retain McDonald)