4 Games to go.

Jimmy McD

5 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

I missed the end of 2004/5 as I was in India. So, I have never witnessed Thistle drop into the 3rd tier.  This year, I'm flying to China the day before the QotS game...

I’ll probably be on business abroad for most of May so hoping we can make ourselves safe at the last home game :dancing:

6 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Crumbs of comfort time.

Just checked back to 2005 and the last time we were relegated from the 2nd tier (9th position no play offs back then). Setting the scene, with 4 games to play we had 32 pts not too dissimilar today's 34pts. We'd just lost  at Starks Pk (the infamous Fulton let's **** off and watch the Grand National game).  Many are saying the standard of this season's league is poor, which makes our position even more unacceptable. I go along with that. Point I'd like to make is how bad must the standard have been 14 years back when we had roughly the same amount of points as today.

This was the starting XI that day in Kirkcaldy............Bennett in goals, back four of Snowden, Murray,  MadAussie & Milne, midfield of Brady, Willie Gibson, Andy Ross & Strachan playing behind the deadly striking duo of McConalugs and Hinds. I think we all can agree that at least we can put out a stronger side than that today. 

Grant Murray..........on jesus

Strachan should have been sectioned long before he ever got a game for the first team.

McConalogue and Hinds as a front two? That is unforgivable.

The two decent players we had that season were Juan Ramon Escalas and Rickie Gillies.

The rest were junk.

Absolute junk.

25 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Grant Murray..........on jesus

Strachan should have been sectioned long before he ever got a game for the first team.

McConalogue and Hinds as a front two? That is unforgivable.

The two decent players we had that season were Juan Ramon Escalas and Rickie Gillies.

The rest were junk.

Absolute junk.

I was also away that season, kinda lost interest in football during that period. Never knew the Fulton story, can someone post what happened?

47 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

I was also away that season, kinda lost interest in football during that period. Never knew the Fulton story, can someone post what happened?

Lady Isobel has the definitive version. He was with the squad but wasn’t in the Bunnets team that day. So he left Starks Park at half-time and legged it up to a pub in Kirkcaldy with a couple of other players to allegedly watch the horses.

He was a waste of two shirts.

11 minutes ago, sandy said:

Lady Isobel has the definitive version. He was with the squad but wasn’t in the Bunnets team that day. So he left Starks Park at half-time and legged it up to a pub in Kirkcaldy with a couple of other players to allegedly watch the horses.

What? The Scottish Baggio? Never!

51 minutes ago, sandy said:

Was Fulton's excuse not that he was giving some personal counselling and encouragement to Jame Mitchell who was going through a difficult time personally, though doing this in a noisy pub while watching the Grand National was perhaps not the most appropriate choice. Andy Dowie also came along for the ride, but because he was then a young player being led astray by two older colleagues he was treated less harshly.  My recollection is that Fulton and Mitchell had their contacts terminated while Dowie was suspended and/or fined, but somebody else better informed than me can perhaps fill in that detail.

50 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Was Fulton's excuse not that he was giving some personal counselling and encouragement to Jame Mitchell who was going through a difficult time personally, though doing this in a noisy pub while watching the Grand National was perhaps not the most appropriate choice. Andy Dowie also came along for the ride, but because he was then a young player being led astray by two older colleagues he was treated less harshly.  My recollection is that Fulton and Mitchell had their contacts terminated while Dowie was suspended and/or fined, but somebody else better informed than me can perhaps fill in that detail.

That's it as I mind, ptd. Storm in a teacup perhaps  but any chance of not being relegated effectively ended that day.