Farewell Malky McCormick

CCjag

Jags fans of a certain vintage will remember when the back page of the club programme always featured a McCormick cartoon, often in praise (albeit of the faint variety) of the Jags and lampooning the gruesome twosome.

I still have this one which followed a(nother) less than dynamic start to one season…..

image.png.b2b4820ebe09a10a6f37bde1918f6e35.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CCjag said:

Jags fans of a certain vintage will remember when the back page of the club programme always featured a McCormick cartoon, often in praise (albeit of the faint variety) of the Jags and lampooning the gruesome twosome.

I still have this one which followed a(nother) less than dynamic start to one season…..

image.png.b2b4820ebe09a10a6f37bde1918f6e35.png

I am glad to say that I fall into that certain vintage .I remember the cartoon on the back page of the program fondly,a good reason to visit my loft to bring back happy memories..

He did a magazine of cartoons for Save the Jags. I've a couple of copies stored away in a boxful of Jags memorabilia.

Hadn't realised his son had been brain damaged after an attack tn Kilmarnock in 2004. Sounds as though that affected Malky and his wife.pretty badly afterwards, sadly.

RIP Malky, and thanks for all the laughs.