vs Alloa 20/4

elevenone

Just over 48hrs to ko so best get the ball rolling with match thread.  Will start with getting some cliches out the way but it’s...

‘a must win’

‘season defining’

‘day of reckoning’

‘now or never’

‘most important game of season’

Really got the nerves tingling with this fixture, we must be quick out the traps on Sat and not have the kind of start vs Dunfermline.  Would like to see us along the lines of 2nd half v Dunfermline and throw caution to the wind.

Sneddon, Elliot, Anderson. Saunders,Penrice, Cardle,Spittal,Gordon,Fitzpatrick,Doolan and Mcdonald.

High tempo pressing and hopefully be holding a decent lead for our inevitable wobble towards end.  Win it and it keeps hopes alive, anything else would be a disaster for the club.    Weather forecast is good so hopefully decent turnout and colourful vocal support, cmon Jags!

ps feel free to cut and paste the cliches or add some :)

4 hours ago, elevenone said:

Just over 48hrs to ko so best get the ball rolling with match thread.  Will start with getting some cliches out the way but it’s...

‘a must win’

‘season defining’

‘day of reckoning’

‘now or never’

Really got the nerves tingling with this fixture, we must be quick out the traps on Sat and not have the kind of start vs Dunfermline.  Would like to see us along the lines of 2nd half v Dunfermline and throw caution to the wind.

Sneddon, Elliot, Anderson. Saunders,Penrice, Cardle,Spittal,Gordon,Fitzpatrick,Doolan and Mcdonald.

High tempo pressing and hopefully be holding a decent lead for our inevitable wobble towards end.  Win it and it keeps hopes alive, anything else would be a disaster for the club.    Weather forecast is good so hopefully decent turnout and colourful vocal support, cmon Jags!

With you on everything elevenone, bar the throwing caution to the wind. Can we perhaps save that for 15 to go if we are drawing? I am not mentioning the L word. Liking the line up if we are 442. Surely we won't be set up defensive at home.

Being bottom is peesh despite what Caldwell says, so a win and pushing up the table is a must. We need to be at it from the off, no p1ssing about trying to be clever at the back. Bold decisive and quick balls through the middle, turn their lumbering centre halfs, skippy and dools zipping about, closing down and being in the area, not drifing out wide. Even if neither has the ball, keep moving, don't give the alloa defence a chance to settle or catch breath. Elliot and penrice bombing up the wings, NO high crosses, cut inside, early low ball. I'm building the tension :frantic:We'll be fine..........won't we?

Biggest game for a number of years. A defeat and we are just as good down. A draw we might scrape 9th. Hopefully a win  would be a confidence builder and we can get at least 4 points from our away/home games against Ayr. Lets make the QOS game a dead rubber and a good day out for Thistle fans. I know I should know better having supported Thistle for over 55 years. C'mon Thistle show us what you are made of.:fan:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, elevenone said:

‘a must win’

‘season defining’

‘day of reckoning’

‘now or never’

Personally I avoid cliches like the plague. In fact a cliche is like a red rag to a bull with me.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Biggest game for a number of years. A defeat and we are just as good down. A draw we might scrape 9th. Hopefully a win  would be a confidence builder and we can get at least 4 points from our away/home games against Ayr. Lets make the QOS game a dead rubber and a good day out for Thistle fans. I know I should know better having supported Thistle for over 55 years. C'mon Thistle show us what you are made of.:fan:

Good assessment AJ, just worried a win on Saturday won't be enough. We've had a few great/grateful wins the last few weeks, v DU and v Morton, and I think we all thought we would push on and certainly not be bottom. 

Actually I'm a little bemused by our position given the wins we've put together, but every time we do so, the others around us are also winning games. Then I remember formations and tactics and suddenly it all makes perfect sense. Thanks Gary caldwell:P

3 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Good assessment AJ, just worried a win on Saturday won't be enough. We've had a few great/grateful wins the last few weeks, v DU and v Morton, and I think we all thought we would push on and certainly not be bottom. 

Actually I'm a little bemused by our position given the wins we've put together, but every time we do so, the others around us are also winning games. Then I remember formations and tactics and suddenly it all makes perfect sense. Thanks Gary caldwell:P

A win on Saturday would have us only a point behind Alloa with a game in hand. With Falkirk v Morton on Saturday we would also gain something on 1 or both of these teams and as I say hopefully boost the confidence in the Thistle camp. Have you not heard Caldwell says our position is irrelevant.

43 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

A win on Saturday would have us only a point behind Alloa with a game in hand. With Falkirk v Morton on Saturday we would also gain something on 1 or both of these teams and as I say hopefully boost the confidence in the Thistle camp. Have you not heard Caldwell says our position is irrelevant.

Haha, yes, several times and each time it sounds more preposterous than the last.

To be fair he does have a point. Only after the last game is played he says will our position matter. Of course he hasn't factored in that it's possible to be too far adrift before the last game. But he does have a point. I guess he needs to manage his players minds and last thing he wants is a panic in the playing ranks. In the supporting ranks?????that's another matter. I wouldn't say I'm panicking yet but I do keep forgetting where I've put things, forgetting what I went into a room for.......

You’re right re managers and players minds , one of the big issues for me is that we listened to the rhetoric and spin about going for a play off place no longer than a month ago , Caldwell should have been saying to the players and the fans , we’re in a bit of trouble we’ve got 10 cup finals ahead of us if we all stick together we can get out of this .

Hopefully we haven’t left it too late 

• Like 1

It's been a good while since I made two home games in a row. That's a sign of how important this game is. I feel this is almost s*** or bust. There aren't enough games left to play for draws and hope other results go our way. We hold our fate in our own hands, and I hope we just go for it from the start. I've no idea whether Gary C is a good manager tactically or not, but he needs to get the team wound up for tomorrow. Right, I'm away to pack my bag. I've a boat to catch.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, belfastjag said:

It's been a good while since I made two home games in a row. That's a sign of how important this game is. I feel this is almost s*** or bust. There aren't enough games left to play for draws and hope other results go our way. We hold our fate in our own hands, and I hope we just go for it from the start. I've no idea whether Gary C is a good manager tactically or not, but he needs to get the team wound up for tomorrow. Right, I'm away to pack my bag. I've a boat to catch.

Hope your dedication is rewarded with a good result.

If we dont win we will most likely go down automatically. A draw will keep us hanging on. Although Alloa are on a tremendous run, if we cant win a game we should be up for against a side who we are better as a squad then what hope have we twice against Ayr who have pumped us all season and  at QOS?.

Edited by Garscube Road End

4 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

If we dont win we will most likely go down automatically. A draw will keep us hanging on. Although Alloa are on a tremendous run, if we cant win a game we should be up for against a side who we are better as a squad then what hope have we twice against Ayr who have pumped us all season and  at QOS?.

Never mind cliches, how about we follow GRE'a example and have a song title session for the team before tomorrow's game?

I'll follow up his' 'You just keep me hanging on' with 'Don't let me down' (Beatles or Bad Company examples are equally appropriate in the circumstances).

Over to you folks....................