vs Alloa 20/4

elevenone

Right. Whatever opinions there are out there tomorrow is the time to really get behind the team. I was surprised how quiet it was before and at the start of the Dunfermline game. Let us show them what the game means to us and set the tone early. If anyone out there is in two minds to go to the game, get yourself there and tell others to do the same. 

1 hour ago, Colognejag said:

Right. Whatever opinions there are out there tomorrow is the time to really get behind the team. I was surprised how quiet it was before and at the start of the Dunfermline game. Let us show them what the game means to us and set the tone early. If anyone out there is in two minds to go to the game, get yourself there and tell others to do the same. 

Total respect to everybody who will be at Firhill tomorrow supporting the Jags.It's not the fans who haven't turned up over the past two years its the team. Against Dunfermline the fans got behind the team when we started to attack and we got it back to 2-1.

I feel the  '4 sh!tty results' might be what we get!, I only hope the results go our way and we actually manage to survive. We never had the momentum of a good run in the league this season, and that really has put us where we are, well that and using tactics that allow a p!ss poor team like Dunfermline to put 2 past you before you start to play to your strengths. The facts are that if we cannot beat Alloa at home, we deserve relegation

But, I'm taking the optimistic approach, I'm going along early to work out the best place to buy my season ticket in the JH stand.

12 hours ago, Colognejag said:

Folk coming from Portugal and Germany for this... Get yourselves there.

Over land and sea...…..I too will be there and whatever happens, whatever Manager or Board or whatever Division we end up in, I will be renewing my season ticket because I am a Thistle Supporter...always have been and always will be!

• Like 2

On 4/18/2019 at 7:19 PM, ironfist said:

Got to hope Caldwell gets more attacking players on the pitch compared to the last few games. Cardle and Fitzpatrick to start and let’s have a proper go at Alloa. If we can’t beat them at home when the stakes are down then we don’t deserve to stay up 

"Stakes are down"

Are you inventing a new cliche or is it just a Colemanballs style mixed metaphor

P.S. I am confident of a win today. There I said it!!

20 minutes ago, joekea said:

Over land and sea...…..I too will be there and whatever happens, whatever Manager or Board or whatever Division we end up in, I will be renewing my season ticket because I am a Thistle Supporter...always have been and always will be!

Ran out of likes.

1 hour ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

I feel the  '4 sh!tty results' might be what we get!, I only hope the results go our way and we actually manage to survive. We never had the momentum of a good run in the league this season, and that really has put us where we are, well that and using tactics that allow a p!ss poor team like Dunfermline to put 2 past you before you start to play to your strengths. The facts are that if we cannot beat Alloa at home, we deserve relegation

But, I'm taking the optimistic approach, I'm going along early to work out the best place to buy my season ticket in the JH stand.

Should be  a piece of cake, demand will be well down for League One.

'We’re in a good place at the moment' (bottom of the League, four points adrift from , and worse goal difference than, a part time outfit);

'look back on the last three games with real confidence' (one win, two draws - one where an own goal saved our bacon after being 2 down after 25 minutes at home);

'teams are fading physically now but I think we are getting stronger and stronger' (part time  outfit we play today, 12 points out of 12 in last 4 games)  .

Who writes this sh1te for him, Miguel De Cervantes?

Message to Gary C.....

Please don't overthink things today. Dont try and be clever.

We need to win not contain. We play on a size of pitch they are not used to. Get at them. Put the players on the park that can hurt them dont have them sitting on the bench. Get the formation right from the start. Learn from recent home games.

They will be confident after a run of wins so put doubt in their minds from the off. If we need a goal near the end bring on players who will provide them not players who have struggled all season.

Get the fans singing.

Could be a day that decides your career so good luck Gary.

Agreed, it is utter drivel of the worst kind, and almost paraphrase's the mince that we read in the 'Message from the Boardroom' on page seven of every program since Xmas.

The BoD and the management might be less than we deserve, so lets hope the team on the field play with the professionalism, spirit and desire that this game requires

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Legs Like A Spider said:

Message to Gary C.....

Please don't overthink things today. Dont try and be clever.

We need to win not contain. We play on a size of pitch they are not used to. Get at them. Put the players on the park that can hurt them dont have them sitting on the bench. Get the formation right from the start. Learn from recent home games.

They will be confident after a run of wins so put doubt in their minds from the off. If we need a goal near the end bring on players who will provide them not players who have struggled all season.

Get the fans singing.

Could be a day that decides your career so good luck Gary.

Agree totally with you , this game will define Gary Caldwell, I believe we’ve got better players than Alloa and should be good enough to win.

Ditch the 5 at the back malarkey with holding midfielders, get our best players on the park who can create and win games for us , Cardle and Fitzpatrick especially.

Use the big pitch to our advantage, there is a reason why they narrowed the park at Alloa , stretch their team with our wingers and pace and I’ve no doubt we’ll win .

But then again I didn’t go to the Gary Caldwell school of coaching.

6 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Agree totally with you , this game will define Gary Caldwell, I believe we’ve got better players than Alloa and should be good enough to win.

Ditch the 5 at the back malarkey with holding midfielders, get our best players on the park who can create and win games for us , Cardle and Fitzpatrick especially.

Use the big pitch to our advantage, there is a reason why they narrowed the park at Alloa , stretch their team with our wingers and pace and I’ve no doubt we’ll win .

But then again I didn’t go to the Gary Caldwell school of coaching.

Regards Alloa's narrow pitch. I don't think it has really benefited them. They have only gotten two points more at home tha n away.  I dont think a bigger pitch bothers them.

13 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Regards Alloa's narrow pitch. I don't think it has really benefited them. They have only gotten two points more at home tha n away.  I dont think a bigger pitch bothers them.

Possibly but still got big results against teams like Dundee Utd and Ross County at home , teams you would expect Alloa to lose against .

Who knows ? , Caldwell is definitely going for it today Mcginty, Anderson, McMillan and Shea Gordon all starting !!!

13 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Possibly but still got big results against teams like Dundee Utd and Ross County at home , teams you would expect Alloa to lose against .

Who knows ? , Caldwell is definitely going for it today Mcginty, Anderson, McMillan and Shea Gordon all starting !!!