vs Alloa 20/4

elevenone

30 minutes ago, sandy said:

Great to meet @Thistleberight @Auld Jag and @partickthedog at today’s match

31 minutes ago, sandy said:

Great to meet @Thistleberight @Auld Jag and @partickthedog at today’s match

Managed to quote that twice it was so good to meet you all. Mind you, thistleberight looks far too young to be allowed to post on this forum.

At half-time I was going to blame Auldjag for not wearing his lucky balaclava. Mediterranean heat is no excuse.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Not sure that statement is acceptable comment on this forum............................

I was as surprised as you, but some of Harkins’ play was absolutely sublime. Strolled through their defence several times and very unlucky not to score. Hopefully some of his skills will make their way  on to the JagZone highlights.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

I was as surprised as you, but some of Harkins’ play was absolutely sublime. Strolled through their defence several times and very unlucky not to score. Hopefully some of his skills will make their way  on to the JagZone highlights.

He was imperious. Big Mcginty not so shabby either. Not a vintage performance. But all about the winning. Well done to team and to Caldwell for changing it at half time.  Clearly it wasn't working in the first half. 

5 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Great to win, and a fighting chance to stay up which will be in spite of Caldwell, not because of him.

Nevertheless a night to celebrate. Not often we win actual must win games. We did. Fair to say our on going good spell from January might just be enough after all. 

carried a wee bit of luck today especially first half

tremendous free kick from mcdonald for the winner

agree about mcginty thought he did very well 

harkins back to his best in that second half

slater much better in second half when pushed forward

pity that mcmillan had to be subbed, i'm sure gc would have been putting fitzpatrick on

interesting wee chat with a head scout from a first division side

re gc     gary overcoaches his teams ??

good crowd today and plenty of noise after the equaliser went in

ayr on tuesday will be a harder nut to crack 

onwards and upwards  :thumbsup2:

Why is it that every Thistle fan knew today’s starting line up was wrong but Caldwell never. As soon as Cardle came on he completely changed the game. If Fitzpatrick and Cardle started I would hazard a guess that we would of won by some margin.

Elliot and Penrice are not attacking wing backs their final ball is shockingly poor.

Harkins showed some wonderful skill at times and Mcginty (Yes mcginty) was excellent and really took the game to Alloa.He would of been my MOTM.

Caldwell obviously doesn’t trust the defence and that’s why he goes with 5 at the back. He also puts to much thought into opposition and tactics.

Can we please just start Cardle and Fitzy and let’s just take the game right to the opposition...Teams can’t handle them 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Paukea said:

Can we please just start Cardle and Fitzy and let’s just take the game right to the opposition...Teams can’t handle them 

Not a chance that will happen.

Dools and Skippy up front (justified imo).

Spittal, Slater and Banzo (when available).

All are stick on starters, and probably rightly so.

Given the above, where do you fit in two wingers, neither of whom track back?

• Like 1