Jags v Ayr 23/27 April

Barney Rubble

11 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Ah. Bunkum. 

'Who is this Carlos Pitelua? I've here heard of him.'

'What right does he have to get into a ring with Jim Watt?'

Jimmy Sanderson on Scotsport one Sunday while pointing at a smiling Carlos Pitelua who was wearing a sombrero. Due to his lack of English he was totally oblivious to the fact that he was being taken apart on live telly.

Classic Jimmy Sanderson.

Only a few minutes footage but we looked very good. Great goal, the ayr penalty claim looked like a decent shout, seen them given and we nice to see Sean McGinty playing with a smile on his face

3 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Only a few minutes footage but we looked very good. Great goal, the ayr penalty claim looked like a decent shout, seen them given and we nice to see Sean McGinty playing with a smile on his face

I was in line with the 18 yard line and convinced Spittal was inside when fouled. Difficult to see in these highlights but I still think he was on the line or just inside. 

2 hours ago, jaggy said:

I was in line with the 18 yard line and convinced Spittal was inside when fouled. Difficult to see in these highlights but I still think he was on the line or just inside. 

Thanks jaggy, what about the ayr claim in first half, same area as spittal being fouled, did you get a view?

51 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Thanks jaggy, what about the ayr claim in first half, same area as spittal being fouled, did you get a view?

no, I was on the opposite side of the pitch, but in line with the 18 yard line. It didn't look like a penalty from where I stood nor did it look it on the highlights.

1 hour ago, Dark Passenger said:

The Ayr claim was a dive. He gets his body in between Fitzpatrick and the ball, sticks his leg back to initiate contact and throws himself on the deck.

Thanks dp, is why I'd make a great ref, always wrong :party:

On 4/24/2019 at 9:20 PM, Thistleberight said:

Thanks for the updates, always great to get opinion from those who were there. Even more gutted I didn't make it. Was due to family illness, James Sanderson would have ripped me a new one were he still with us.

I would certainly agree with these comments. I thought that everything considered we were well in control of the game and should’ve as usual have left Somerset Park with more than a one goal victory .

if we play like  that  on Saturday I have every confidence that we’ll take the three points we desperate need.

one of my main take-always from the other night: especially after talking to a few Ayr fans was a feeing that this team should have really been fighting at the other end of the table. Rather than being involved in a relegation dogfight.

Ah well c’est la vie!

15 minutes ago, stillresigned said:

I would certainly agree with these comments. I thought that everything considered we were well in control of the game and should’ve as usual have left Somerset Park with more than a one goal victory .

if we play like  that  on Saturday I have every confidence that we’ll take the three points we desperate need.

one of my main take-always from the other night: especially after talking to a few Ayr fans was a feeing that this team should have really been fighting at the other end of the table. Rather than being involved in a relegation dogfight.

Ah well c’est la vie!

Haha, always nice to be brow beaten by other fans in such a kindly fashion. Is it too early to start looking forward to next season?

1 minute ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Watchin the Dross v Queens game....I think there’s more atmosphere on Pluto .

Me too. Long periods of zero commentary, so quiet, and for a team about to be champs and go back to the premier, wtf. Big ta to county for pumping queens though