Jags v Ayr 23/27 April

Barney Rubble

2 minutes ago, stillresigned said:

The atmosphere is redolent of a village cricket match.

I'm partial to a bit of village cricket, esp north if England. Their supporters are bams.

Harry pearsons "slipless in settle" is a tour round northern cricket, it's a cracking wee gem even if you've no interest in cricket. Rebuffs your thoughts as per your post, riotous affairs

Team for tomorrow?  Should we mix it up with McDonald out and Ayr understanding how our midfield worked?  Would 4 3 3 work with the wingers tucking in when necessary?  Can Gordon play centre mid instead of Slater.

Sneddon GK

Elliott RB

McGinty CH

Anderson CH

Penrice LB

Spittal RM

Gordon CM

Bannigan LM

Cardle RW

Doolan CF

Fitzpatrick LW

11 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Team for tomorrow?  Should we mix it up with McDonald out and Ayr understanding how our midfield worked?  Would 4 3 3 work with the wingers tucking in when necessary?  Can Gordon play centre mid instead of Slater.

Sneddon GK

Elliott RB

McGinty CH

Anderson CH

Penrice LB

Spittal RM

Gordon CM

Bannigan LM

Cardle RW

Doolan CF

Fitzpatrick LW

Not sure we can drop Harkins after his last 1.5 games. Spittal in for Fitzpatrick would be my only change. Fitzy was poor on Tuesday

Edited by p12tfc

9 hours ago, Muscat Jag said:

I'd suggest it's highly relevant if we draw tomorrow. 

I get your point but it's not in the sense that we can't do anything about it - we'd have had to win 8-0 against Ayr on Tuesday for it to be a factor for us now.  We have to win our next game and the one after.  That would keep us up regardless.  Anything else we depend on other results going our way.

59 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Need to wrap this up today. If we go down to Dumfries needing something I just wouldn't fancy it.

Totally agree. My worry is that we get a wee bit too complacent after last night's result. That said, I'm quietly confident and looking forward to a decent win (or even a shitey and scrappy win).

17 minutes ago, That 1 jags fan said:

Storey starts...

Doolan’s form since the Morton game has been good and played really well when he came on against Ayr holding the ball up and linking up the play.

Not sure if I can put up with Caldwell next season.

The jury is out in my opinion