Jags v Ayr 23/27 April

Barney Rubble

24 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Yes, they did but they chased and harried us when we were on the ball. Closed us down and made it very difficult for us to break them open hence why we went in at half time down 0-1.

My point being, again, please pay attention, I shall not repeat it again, we have not been doing that, closing teams down when they have the ball, not letting them settle, being all over them. You don't need to have possession of the ball to play football. 

I disagree with your 1st paragraph. They didn’t chase and harry. They say back.

I agree with your 2nd paragraph. We aren’t doing it either.

38 minutes ago, douglas clark said:

Laukat,

" In attack he is still largely dependent on individuals producing moments of magic rather than a formation switch to say wingers who get to the byline and put in crosses and cutbacks or trying to get faster players around the edge of the 18 yard line who move defenders out of position or put on a larger target men to cause choas in the penalty box. When he has the indiviudal talent of McDonald, Cardle, Doolan and Fitzpatrick available it should work on most occassions but when he relied on Storey and an off form Doolan before Christmas it struggled. "

Moments of magic are what most goals are.

Discuss.

;-)

A thistle goal is always magic !

5 minutes ago, sandy said:

At least two Forum users ;)

Let's hope we get a result tonight just so you can't trot out that particular statistic. Or do you have a new one in mind if we go above 9th? Let me guess. We draw we go above alloa on goal difference. So 8th. You will day we are 9th equal. We win and go 6th. You will say we are 2 points above 9th. We lose God forbid....well we're 9th. You will then mention 9th in some way from now to the end of the season and into pre season and on into the new season.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Let's hope we get a result tonight just so you can't trot out that particular statistic. Or do you have a new one in mind if we go above 9th? Let me guess. We draw we go above alloa on goal difference. So 8th. You will day we are 9th equal. We win and go 6th. You will say we are 2 points above 9th. We lose God forbid....well we're 9th. You will then mention 9th in some way from now to the end of the season and into pre season and on into the new season.  

Don’t get your knickers in a twist!

It’s simple, we all want 3 points tonight for the Jags. Anything else than that return, and history will judge the false prophet. ;)

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

I disagree with your 1st paragraph. They didn’t chase and harry. They say back.

I agree with your 2nd paragraph. We aren’t doing it either.

Were you at the game caller:shok:

21 minutes ago, sandy said:

Don’t get your knickers in a twist!

It’s simple, we all want 3 points tonight for the Jags. Anything else than that return, and history will judge the false prophet. ;)

My knickers are intact. Just making observations. There has been plenty of false prophesies on here.  Which is why I'm not making any predictions tonight. All the best to those going tonight. Alas I have the torture of the radio commentary to endure....

1 hour ago, dl1971 said:

My knickers are intact. Just making observations. There has been plenty of false prophesies on here.  Which is why I'm not making any predictions tonight. All the best to those going tonight. Alas I have the torture of the radio commentary to endure....

Me too