Jags v Ayr 23/27 April

Barney Rubble

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Listened to Caldwell’s interview on Jagszone , so I wouldn’t worry too much , Gary says the league table is irrelevant!

Again?!?!?!??!!

That's the only consistent thing about him:frantic:

2 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

We rely on McDonald for everything as yesterday showed.

Skill, tactics, encouragement, passion, getting into the heads of the opposition,refereeing the game,bravery,common sense.

Ayr certainly played much better in the 2nd game with their young debutant outstanding and their old striker controlling our 2 static CB’s. But the difference in our performance was massive. We (sort of)strolled the 1st game with Banzo and the defence terrific. Yesterday these same players were duds.

Doolan and Fitzy were even worse than those they replaced although the big man put himself about quite well and should have scored from a great move.

God help us if McDonald is unfit on Saturday but if he is, we should win.

Apparently (I didn't hear the show) he said on BBC sport sound on Friday he's unlikely to be fit for qos.:wacko2:

Hope hes back for the play offs

4 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Apparently (I didn't hear the show) he said on BBC sport sound on Friday he's unlikely to be fit for qos.:wacko2:

Hope hes back for the play offs

Is his contract still valid then? 

Situations with clubs similar size to us before who have had contracts or loans only tied up to a day or 2 after last (normal) league game of season as they haven’t believed they’d be in a cup final or relegation play off

11 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Situations with clubs similar size to us before who have had contracts or loans only tied up to a day or 2 after last (normal) league game of season as they haven’t believed they’d be in a cup final or relegation play off

Good point. I've no idea but given he stated his intention to chuck it at the end of the season he might be available for 2 or perhaps 4 additional games as no one would be trying to sign him? 

23 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Surely he'll be available for the play offs. When he was signed that's the outcome we were targeting.  OK other end of the league, I grant you, but our league season isn't supposed to end after 36 matches.

2 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Surely he'll be available for the play offs. When he was signed that's the outcome we were targeting.  OK other end of the league, I grant you, but our league season isn't supposed to end after 36 matches.

But we all hope it is finished after 36 games.:happy2: