When we used to have the 5 split games

jaggyben

I remember the buzz and the nerves when we played  the last 5 games of the season nerves and excitement  funnily enough I think we raised our game  and got some great results I remember tynecastle when we came back in the second half  and played hearts off the park

Alan Archibald for all his failings could get the results  time after time against the bottom six teams  he must have got the team lifted for the last push and apart from last seasons disaster he was very successful at it not sure if Caldwell can replicate those times but we have to hope he can 

Maybe a good touch would have been get him in with Gary to gee up the team as he was part of this season I know we blame him for a lot of the crap that has happened but he was very popular with the players nd might just help with the run in  I know this might not be popular with everyone but look back at the 5-6 years and  see what his record was like

1 minute ago, jaggyben said:

I remember the buzz and the nerves when we played  the last 5 games of the season nerves and excitement  funnily enough I think we raised our game  and got some great results I remember tynecastle when we came back in the second half  and played hearts off the park

Alan Archibald for all his failings could get the results  time after time against the bottom six teams  he must have got the team lifted for the last push and apart from last seasons disaster he was very successful at it not sure if Caldwell can replicate those times but we have to hope he can 

Maybe a good touch would have been get him in with Gary to gee up the team as he was part of this season I know we blame him for a lot of the crap that has happened but he was very popular with the players nd might just help with the run in  I know this might not be popular with everyone but look back at the 5-6 years and  see what his record was like

Get Archibald in? Hahahahaha. Dreadful thought. Bring back failure to help failure. Aye! Great idea.

GRE I know what your saying  I know he ended up a failure but as I said he could get the team going for the last 5 games it’s a pity he couldn’t do  it for the first 33 games but I feel that we just didn’t have enough talent to beat the top teams but until last season we could hold our own against the middle and bottom teams alas the scourge of being a jag but don’t suppose you and me will ever stop supporting them and there’s a lot of us  still hoping and wishing hopefully a good result tomorrow will be the wee lift us supporters are desperate for 

12 minutes ago, jaggyben said:

GRE I know what your saying  I know he ended up a failure but as I said he could get the team going for the last 5 games it’s a pity he couldn’t do  it for the first 33 games 

I'm totally lost with this, jaggyben. Once we were mathematically safe I'm not sure we ever won a single game. Cross the line and we downed tools.