Cardle...Any reason why he is not getting 90?

topcat

6 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I seem to remember Alan Hansen being a bit of a marauder for us and later for Liverpool. It was great to watch.

I have very vague memories unfortunately. I was going to games then but was told I was far more intent on devouring "macarooooooons and chews". He always seemed to be in denial of his partick thistle days. I preferred Jackie Campbell but possibly cos he was there longer and so I remember him better. Classy with no nonsense defending. Looking back it's surprising he didn't play for bigger clubs.

2 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

I have very vague memories unfortunately. I was going to games then but was told I was far more intent on devouring "macarooooooons and chews". He always seemed to be in denial of his partick thistle days. I preferred Jackie Campbell but possibly cos he was there longer and so I remember him better. Classy with no nonsense defending. Looking back it's surprising he didn't play for bigger clubs.

I can only agree about Jackie C. A classy player in central defence, even though he was not a big guy.

Before he came back around 69 or 70 he had been in dispute with the club, maybe (probably over wages or contract), then he came back when we had lots of injuries. I have a vague memory of a headline (maybe in a Friday Evening Times) of "The Man Who Came In From The Cold," but I've never been able to find the article.

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

I can only agree about Jackie C. A classy player in central defence, even though he was not a big guy.

Before he came back around 69 or 70 he had been in dispute with the club, maybe (probably over wages or contract), then he came back when we had lots of injuries. I have a vague memory of a headline (maybe in a Friday Evening Times) of "The Man Who Came In From The Cold," but I've never been able to find the article.

I remember going to his testimonial game. Was a bit if a hookah cos it was on a Sunday, or am I getting confused with Roughies? No matter, JC was a proper gent, unlike Hansen who came over as a complete t@sser of the arrogant kind. (Based on two meetings at pro/am/celeb golf days). But I guess that would be a trait of a great player.

Gawd I loved the 70's

Edited by Guest

49 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I seem to remember Alan Hansen being more of a midfielder with us and it was Liverpool who converted him to a midfielder. But then again, my whatjamacallit is not what it used to be.

3 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

I remember going to his testimonial game. Was a bit if a hookah cos it was on a Sunday, or am I getting confused with Roughies? No matter, JC was a proper gent, unlike Hansen who came over as a complete t@sser of the arrogant kind. (Based on two meetings at pro/am/celeb golf days). But I guess that would be a trait of a great player.

Gawd I loved the 70's

maybe you caught him on two bad days but having known the gent in question since he was a teenager i can honestly say he has always been just that - a gentleman...

27 minutes ago, robphil said:

maybe you caught him on two bad days but having known the gent in question since he was a teenager i can honestly say he has always been just that - a gentleman...

Him and Roughie were my heroes growing up, met them both loads of times and so I totally agree about AH being a gent, and it's always stuck with me him repeatedly saying that his brother John was a better player before he got injured.

1 hour ago, robphil said:

37 minutes ago, London Exile said:

Him and Roughie were my heroes growing up, met them both loads of times and so I totally agree about AH being a gent, and it's always stuck with me him repeatedly saying that his brother John was a better player before he got injured.

As you say perhaps a bad day coupled with having people like me fawning over him