What team(s) have Thistle relegated?

Jaggernaut

More often that I like to admit, I've seen us lose matches that resulted in us getting relegated..... Dundee Utd (twice), Ayr (?), most recently Livingston....

For some reason I wondered whether other teams have been relegated because they lost to or drew with us in the last game or two of the season. I'm wondering whether yon unforgettable game at Airdrie when Elliott scored a last-gasp winner resulted in them getting relegated. Anybody know for sure, or know about any other teams that we sent down? 

2 hours ago, jaggy said:

And put Dunfermline in the play offs with 2 very late goals in the last game of the season. They ultimately went down.

No we didn't. If Dunfermline had won their last game they would have avoided the play offs.

ETA. Just noticed Barney's post.

Edited by Garscube Road End

2 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

That was the second last game of the season.

Dunfermline went to Airdrie the following week needing a point and lost 2-1.

OK, I thought that was the last game of the season. Maybe I'm thinking that if we hadn't equalised they'd have been safe?

51 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I think it's the other way round with the Pars in '13. If Lawless hadn't scored in the 141st minute (or whenever yon really late goal occurred), they'd have stayed up on goal difference.

If Dunfermline had beaten bottom club Airdrie on the final day they would have stayed up.

We failed to relegate Morton on the last day of one season. Morton were then managed by Davie Irons. A big thing was made of the game. We launched something called "Real Scottish Football". Not sure what it was or what happened to it, but for some reason it justified a lengthy giant sized programme, with a new colour scheme. The game was predictably a damp squib, as Morton saved themselves by cruising to a 3-0 victory. They had a striker who looked like the singer Mika.

22 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

We failed to relegate Morton on the last day of one season. Morton were then managed by Davie Irons. A big thing was made of the game. We launched something called "Real Scottish Football". Not sure what it was or what happened to it, but for some reason it justified a lengthy giant sized programme, with a new colour scheme. The game was predictably a damp squib, as Morton saved themselves by cruising to a 3-0 victory. They had a striker who looked like the singer Mika.

I seem to remember a big crowd that day, especially a big Morton support.

9 minutes ago, allyo said:

We failed to relegate AYR UNITED in 1998, in a game against AYR UNITED at FIRHILL. Instead they RELEGATED us. It was one of my worst experiences supporting Thistle.

:help:

Lets hope we get a victory against them tomorrow, that would surely keep us safe for this season.

Falkirk were relegated from the old First Division in 1969, after Thistle drew 2-2 at Brockville on the last day of the season. I remember the Jags fans singing "So long, it's been good to know you".

Not so funny the following season, when it was our turn to be relegated, for the first time in the club's history.

On 4/26/2019 at 12:38 AM, partickthedog said:

Didn’t we launch the strip for the following season that day or something?