PTFC v QoS 4/5/19

muirparkman

I thought this would have been started by now and have been waiting to get some info.

Have seen on P&B that Queens fans aren't sure what arrangements are going to be made for Jags fans going next week. I'm going, but I don't know how as yet. Being stuck down at the seaside (probably a bad choice of words) to go on one of the buses, which I would prefer, would mean either taking the car to Glasgow or three buses to get there and three back. The dilema is, it would be easier just to drive to Dumfries, but I don't want to do that unless I know I can turn up at Palmerston and pay on the day. Coming to Glasgow midweek to collect tickets would be a pain because of work, so as I said, paying on the day would be best. Does anyone know what the situation is, regarding Jags fans?

Also if I need to come to Firhill to travel down, what is the story with the buses the club is putting on?

I'll be driving up the M6 and along the Athingmy for the game. Not sure if it'll be ticket only, but was hearing earlier today that it will be. So, it'll be phone calls and hopefully picking up my ticket, in that scenario, in the Globe pub early Saturday afternoon.

Having dragged us into this shite, Caldwell can simply GTF after this. I'll be screaming for a Thistle win and guaranteed survival on Saturday (obviously!), but this clown has provided us with no confidence that even if we do enough to stay up this year, we won't be back in the same shitepool this time next year. 

Monni Thistle. 

Edited by Blackpool Jags

They’re going to open the terracing (Terregles Street) if the demand is there (which it will be). 

I’m concerned ScotRail will only have a two-carriage 156, like the Scottish Cup game last season (a ScotRail employee requested four carriages for that train but it didn’t happen  - so I was told by ScotRail chap on the day). 

1 hour ago, Charlie Endell said:

They’re going to open the terracing (Terregles Street) if the demand is there (which it will be). 

I’m concerned ScotRail will only have a two-carriage 156, like the Scottish Cup game last season (a ScotRail employee requested four carriages for that train but it didn’t happen  - so I was told by ScotRail chap on the day). 

Guys I know are planning to get train via Carlisle.

Hopefully someone at Firhill watched QOS's recent games and knows that they struggle with crosses and that most of their attacking play comes down the right side of midfield or from going long ball to Dykes. So we we need wingers and to control the midfield.

We should line up like we did against Ayr on Tuesday with the following

Sneddon

Elliot-Anderson-McGinty-Penrice

Fitzpatrick-Harkins-Bannigan-Cardle

Gordon

McDonald (if not fit Doolan)

However I wouldn't put it past Caldwell to go back to his favoured 3-5-2 in which case we'll concede the midfield and struggle. In which case our hopes are with Ayr doing something against Alloa

On the subject of tickets for QoS, I have just phoned the office.

Apparently they are ONLY available online and NOT at the office in person.

I don't want to go through some registration process just to buy a ticket for the last (maybe) game of the season and I would be quite happy to call at the office for away tickets, as I have done for decades. Further, how are the tickets delivered to fans? I assume by mail, which is more effort and expense to the club than simply selling them over the counter.

This also suggests that tickets will have to be purchased early to allow for delivery time.

I know the money is not going to Thistle in this instance, but ffs - why put obstructions on the way of your own fans?

PS there is no mention of the requirement to buy in advance on the so called "match hub" on the web site. Only info about supported buses.

Poor stuff from a poorly run club I'm sorry to say.

9 minutes ago, Rid Skwerr said:

On the subject of tickets for QoS, I have just phoned the office.

Apparently they are ONLY available online and NOT at the office in person.

I don't want to go through some registration process just to buy a ticket for the last (maybe) game of the season and I would be quite happy to call at the office for away tickets, as I have done for decades. Further, how are the tickets delivered to fans? I assume by mail, which is more effort and expense to the club than simply selling them over the counter.

This also suggests that tickets will have to be purchased early to allow for delivery time.

I know the money is not going to Thistle in this instance, but ffs - why put obstructions on the way of your own fans?

PS there is no mention of the requirement to buy in advance on the so called "match hub" on the web site. Only info about supported buses.

Poor stuff from a poorly run club I'm sorry to say.

I bought tickets on-line on Saturday as I didn't have the time to stand in line.  I didn't check the postage box and am expecting to be able to collect them from the Firhill office through the week. As that option was available and still is, I can't see why you can't buy tickets from Firhill.

Edited by scotty

1 hour ago, laukat said:

Hopefully someone at Firhill watched QOS's recent games and knows that they struggle with crosses and that most of their attacking play comes down the right side of midfield or from going long ball to Dykes. So we we need wingers and to control the midfield.

Sneddon

Gordon

However I wouldn't put it past Caldwell to go back to his favoured 3-5-2 in which case we'll concede the midfield and struggle. In which case our hopes are with Ayr doing something against Alloa

Anderson and McGinty should never play together again in a back four after Saturday. 

• Like 1

Update to ticket buying-

Lady Skwerr informs me that the club's Facebook posts indicate that tickets can be bought ONLY online until Tuesday.

Thereafter they can be bought from the office and over the phone.

This makes very little sense to me, and I was not told on the phone that they would be available over the counter later in the week.

I have tried to get them online but can't get past the registration page, which tells me that the password "must be at least 8 letters".

I tried many combinations of password (all of 8 letters or more - the longest being "thiswebsiteisshite") and none were accepted.

As a season ticket holder I tried to login with my customer number and a guess at what my (years old) password might be.

No success there, either.

Glad to hear that the ticketing site had been improved, though.

7 minutes ago, Rid Skwerr said:

Update to ticket buying-

Lady Skwerr informs me that the club's Facebook posts indicate that tickets can be bought ONLY online until Tuesday.

Thereafter they can be bought from the office and over the phone.

This makes very little sense to me, and I was not told on the phone that they would be available over the counter later in the week.

I have tried to get them online but can't get past the registration page, which tells me that the password "must be at least 8 letters".

I tried many combinations of password (all of 8 letters or more - the longest being "thiswebsiteisshite") and none were accepted.

As a season ticket holder I tried to login with my customer number and a guess at what my (years old) password might be.

No success there, either.

Glad to hear that the ticketing site had been improved, though.

I had same problem with site today!

Just phoned QofS...tickets for away fans will be on sale on the day. Think I'll get mine down there....

1 hour ago, Alan Murray said:

Anderson and McGinty should never play together again in a back four after Saturday. 

The problem on Saturday wasn't our centre defenders, our midfield got over ran and we had no idea how to get in behind or outflank the Ayr defence to force them back.

Anderson's distribution has been poor and general performance on Saturday wasn't goof but his leadership and organisational skills are better than anything else we have. He could be very important in attacking corners as QOS have struggled in that area.

McGinty wasn't as dominant in the air as he was on Tuesday and against Alloa but he's the best left sided central defender we have.

So I'm not seeing a lot options unless we put Saunders in which will probably mean a return to 3-5-2 as Saunders struggles on the left side being a natural right-footer?

13 hours ago, dl1971 said:

I'll be there willing the team on. Some are predicting the worst. Let's hope they will be eating their words next week. We have won two of the last 3 vital games. So the team has shown bottle. Onwards.

What ? Eating our words because this clown has somehow managed to just escape the play-offs by the skin of his teeth,  possibly due goal difference and the result matches played elsewhere.

You must be dreaming, win lose or draw on Saturday, Caldo can GTF.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, laukat said:

Sneddon

Gordon

Should we? Fitzpatrick was poor on Tuesday and even worse on Saturday. In saying that, Spittal is the player who's likely to start ahead of him and it looked like he'd lost heart at the weekend. Would play Slater ahead of Harkins.

I think some folk are genuinely blind to the fact that we looked a lot less dangerous when Storey was subbed on Saturday, Mansell's chance aside. Doolan manfully dropped deep to try and create chances, but he has very little pace, his touch appears to have deserted him and the goals are drying up. I appreciate that he's dug us out of the sh*t on many occasions, though, and he's scored more of his goals against Queen of the South than any other team...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, laukat said:

McGinty wasn't as dominant in the air as he was on Tuesday and against Alloa but he's the best left sided central defender we have.

Sorry for the selective quoting. Just to agree McGinty is most definitely the best left sided central defender we have.  He's also the worst, the tallest, the smallest......:)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dark Passenger said:

Should we? Fitzpatrick was poor on Tuesday and even worse on Saturday. In saying that, Spittal is the player who's likely to start ahead of him and it looked like he'd lost heart at the weekend. Would play Slater ahead of Harkins.

I think some folk are genuinely blind to the fact that we looked a lot less dangerous when Storey was subbed on Saturday, Mansell's chance aside. Doolan manfully dropped deep to try and create chances, but he has very little pace, his touch appears to have deserted him and the goals are drying up. I appreciate that he's dug us out of the sh*t on many occasions, though, and he's scored more of his goals against Queen of the South than any other team...

Fitzpatrick didn't have his best game last Tuesday but we looked better defensively and in attack with him on the pitch as his natural game is to go wide and take the fullback on  It left no real space for the Ayr midfield on the outside and mean their fullback couldn't get too high up the park for fear of getting caught for pace

Spittal's game is not to take the fullback on on a foot race but instead to try and work a crossing opportunity via a passing game. He also has a tendancy to play narrower leaving more space on the outside for the opposition to double up on our fullbacks

We lost the midfield on Saturday v Ayr.   The changes I would make are

------------------Sneddon----------------

Elliot--Saunders--McGinty--Penrice

-----------------McMillan---------------

---------Slater-------------Bannigan---

--------------------Spitall-----------------

--------------------Gordon-----------------

----------McDonald (if not fit Doolan)----

With Fitzpatrick and Cardle ready to come on.

4 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

What ? Eating our words because this clown has somehow managed to just escape the play-offs by the skin of his teeth,  possibly due goal difference and the result matches played elsewhere.

You must be dreaming, win lose or draw on Saturday, Caldo can GTF.

This. If we survive I’ll be relieved but not eating any words; Caldwell is the wrong manager for us.

Besides he is just waiting till a NW England ‘bigger club’ come calling so he can move home.