PTFC v QoS 4/5/19

muirparkman

Know what .. Imo Caldwell deserves a chance to build his own team next season. 

Considering the guff we had at the start of the season.. And the fact it was possibly one of the most unpredictable seasons ever.. Personally I think he deserves it.

January is a hard time to do business and he also had to punt quite a lot of duds. also he persuaded McDonald to come of retirement And he has been vital to us improving enough to stay up. 

I'm looking forward to next season because surely SURELY it has to be better than  the last 2. Onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

So good to see 11 Thistle players show more desire in a crunch match than the opposition. McGinty mom, thought he was immense, admittedly against a poor side. Queens only had one chance but can't overemphaise the quality of Sneddon's save, one of the best I've ever seen. 

Thank you Scott McDonald for saving our season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grubber8468 said:

Sneddons save at 2 nil was outstanding and certainly made for a much much easier last half hour. What a difference Mcdonald makes!!! 

It was weird.  Their entire support was already celebrating a goal as it appeared certain (but turned out, actually not to be certain) to hit the net. 

From the other end of the ground, it looked to be an unbelievable save. 

I'd love to see it again.

Great support today.  And fair play to the QOTS fans friendly reaction to us on the way out of the ground, even though they were gutted. 

:partyhat:

A brilliant Thistle day out with a typically big support, and everybody getting behind the team. The noise from the sea of red'n'yella definitely lifted the players.

No negatives and a huge relief not to be worrying any more about the possibility of playing in the pub league next season. Spittal unlucky with that rocket shot from 25 yards that crashed off the bar, then substituted a coupla minutes later. Odd.

I would like to have seen Dools on for the last part of the game, but hey, I just feel grateful that this season, which has been largely gruesome tbh, is now over. 

Not sure I'll ever warm to Caldwell, but I'll always get behind the team. Monni Jags. WAT.

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

The goals came at just the right time today. We started really well. Queens hardly had a touch first 20 mins, then we fell out of it until MacDonald scored just before 1/2 time. I thought everybody played well, but McGinty seemed to win everything. Spittal had one of his good days. Did Sneddon have a save to make apart from the one in the 2nd half.

I was surprised at how lacklustre Queens were.

I was critical in victory over Alloa & Ayr as we didn't see those games out well. Ok we had a cushion of an extra goal (2 later on) but today much of our more negative play was played out in the Queen's half. So I don't think Queens were that lacklustre just we were more intense 

2 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

It was a great day out AJ. We imposed ourselves right from the start, such a change from last week v ayr utd. We were all over them when not in possession. Mansell won more in the air in one game than the whole of his season and his goal was a Corker. Macdonald makes such a difference, the others feed off his confidence. Have a great close season

Thanks for the report on the game Thistleberight. Was good to meet you a few weeks ago before the Alloa game and hopefully see you at some point next season. All the best to you and your family.

1 hour ago, Muscat Jag said:

So good to see 11 Thistle players show more desire in a crunch match than the opposition. McGinty mom, thought he was immense, admittedly against a poor side. Queens only had one chance but can't overemphaise the quality of Sneddon's save, one of the best I've ever seen. 

Thank you Scott McDonald for saving our season. 

Skippy has single-handedly saved us.

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

Thanks for the report on the game Thistleberight. Was good to meet you a few weeks ago before the Alloa game and hopefully see you at some point next season. All the best to you and your family.

It was, we'll arrange something for the new season coming. Can't wait. And all our best wishes to you and mrs AJ

10 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I would not be surprised to see Archie at QOS or Morton, next season.

We discussed that on the way back today. It started with my asking "given everyone learns from both mistakes and positive acts, which might suggest his sacking would make him stronger, would you, if we parted ways with Caldwell, have archie back?" The general consensus was no, not until he has had at least one other job, but of our number, 2 said yes. Tellingly no one was vociferous with their no. Just a thought.

Then we speculated he might be front runner for several jobs that might come up including your suggestions and add Dundee and possibly Falkirk. Interesting times

I stand corrected about the advice  I gave earlier in the week about us  not  to turn  out in big numbers today to support the team due  to the fact  that normally when we do we are let down...It is to late in the day to recall the many times it has happened..Due to being just back from holiday this morning and family commitment tonight I missed the game today...Great result today....mon the Jags   for next season...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

Is shea Gordon out of contract with Motherwell?? Didn't realise he was only 20. 

He makes mistakes but think he the potential to turn into a really good midfielder. Hope we can get him signed.

I do believe he is out of contract at Motherwell. 

I never knew he was as young as 20! He still has a decent bit to go but I think he has great potential. You could see that at the Stenhousemuir game at the start of the season             ( even though it was against weaker opposition) played immense. His injury kept him back. 

However, if we were to sign him we would need to pay Motherwell a development fee but don’t think that would be to much.

Would be pleased if we signed him

3 minutes ago, Linlithgow Jag said:

I do believe he is out of contract at Motherwell. 

I never knew he was as young as 20! He still has a decent bit to go but I think he has great potential. You could see that at the Stenhousemuir game at the start of the season             ( even though it was against weaker opposition) played immense. His injury kept him back. 

However, if we were to sign him we would need to pay Motherwell a development fee but don’t think that would be to much.

Would be pleased if we signed him

Do we not only pay Motherwell a development fee if they offer him a new deal? Seem to recall with mcdaid that we got him for free because Morton didn’t offer him a new deal 

Thoroughly enjoyed today. Most complete performance for a while against a poor Queen of the South team.

It’s going to be hard to recruit in the summer for a few reasons. One is we have a better set of players so it’ll more difficult get improvements on our budget but I think Caldwell will do it. 

I’ve a feeling McDonald will not be with us next year but the club really has to push the boat out to try and keep him cos he makes such a difference.

Sneddon is a smashing young keeper and is certainly good enough to remain our number one in the championship.

All the loan players played well today but all can be replaced with better. If I was trying to get one on a permanent contract it would be Gordon but again unlikely. as he'll prob get better offers.

I don’t see the point with the constant childish bickering about Caldwell on here. I don’t think anybody is 100% sure about him. Just when you think he’s good he makes strange decisions but the bottom line is he will be here next year so we just have to accept it and hope he is a success.

Thought the numbers and the backing from the fans was great today. Its easy to be critical but the young guys do what they do with their pyro’s and running on the pitch and creating atmosphere while the old guys on here sit and clap politely it’s just an age thing. Its about being young and pushing the boundaries. Cut them a bit of slack.

It was a season from hell but incredibly I can't wait for next season. 

• Like 2