Out of Contact Players

Linlithgow Jag

8 minutes ago, Legs Like A Spider said:

Anybody know what contract Sneddon is on?

I think he's a great young prospect. Used to think he was a bit short to make it but he's taller than the likes of Goram and pretty much same as Kasper Scmichael. Seems to have a good attitude and manages his game well.  He speeds things up and slows right down depending on what's happening in the game. 

His save yesterday took everybodies breathe away and totally drained the QoS team of any fight.

At 21 he should get better so try and get a few years out of him or cash if he moves.

Contract extension required.

I'm sure Sneddon signed an extension this season.

On 5/2/2019 at 11:55 PM, sandy said:

I’d love Skippy here next season, but it’s unlikely. Dools will be offered an academy coaching role at best by Caldwell, sadly. Sneddon is a player we need to keep, an asset for the future

Norgethistle says Spittal is off, please can he take Storey with him?

Harkins is another year older.  And with Fitzy attracting interest from down south, Im not sure we even have a team spine for Championship promotion dreams.

Tough times for a manager, eh Gary?!

Skippy has been offered a gig in Oz, I’d expect him to be gone too.

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

Skippy has been offered a gig in Oz, I’d expect him to be gone too.

Do not doubt your knowledge and expectation. However, Skippy has a developing media career in Scotland, and playing in Glasgow must be handy for getting to BBC HQ.  Also, playing for a Championship team means that Thistle duties would rarely clash with European or other evenings where his media contribution may be sought. Probably clutching at straws, but this may give him some pause for thought before relocating back to Australia.

4 hours ago, Legs Like A Spider said:

Anybody know what contract Sneddon is on?

I think he's a great young prospect. Used to think he was a bit short to make it but he's taller than the likes of Goram and pretty much same as Kasper Scmichael. Seems to have a good attitude and manages his game well.  He speeds things up and slows right down depending on what's happening in the game. 

His save yesterday took everybodies breathe away and totally drained the QoS team of any fight.

At 21 he should get better so try and get a few years out of him or cash if he moves.

Contract extension required.

He signed a new deal in January lee him here till end of next season 

On 5/2/2019 at 10:55 PM, sandy said:

I’d love Skippy here next season, but it’s unlikely. Dools will be offered an academy coaching role at best by Caldwell, sadly. Sneddon is a player we need to keep, an asset for the future

Norgethistle says Spittal is off, please can he take Storey with him?

Harkins is another year older.  And with Fitzy attracting interest from down south, Im not sure we even have a team spine for Championship promotion dreams.

Tough times for a manager, eh Gary?!

Kris Doolan is a tough one for Caldwell, Dools has had a disappointing season by his standards , the first one in ten seasons, I think Doolan has still a lot to offer and we need to be careful if he’s not to be offered a contract that we’re going to replace him with someone better .

There is absolutely no chance he would accept just a coaching role at 32 yrs old .

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

There is absolutely no chance he would accept just a coaching role at 32 yrs old .

I agree, but some inside info recently suggests it’s an academy role with maybe a pay per play deal at most. He’s not really in Caldwell’s team plans sadly.

1 minute ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

If we lose McDonald, Miller would be a good player to have in the team …. must say I would prefer for Skippy to stay and we signed Michael Tidser from Morton and Ross Stewart from RC.

Agreed re Skip-meister

5 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

If we lose McDonald, Miller would be a good player to have in the team …. must say I would prefer for Skippy to stay and we signed Michael Tidser from Morton and Ross Stewart from RC.

You want him nowhere near that dressing room

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Should have really pushed for Stewart last summer- agree regarding himand Tidser

33 minutes ago, sandy said:

I agree, but some inside info recently suggests it’s an academy role with maybe a pay per play deal at most. He’s not really in Caldwell’s team plans sadly.

No chance he would accept that , he’s easily got another 5 or 6 years to go before he hangs up his boots if he stays injury free .

Out top goal scorer was Spittal with 8 goals , guys like Alan Trouten from Alloa scored 18/19 goals this season, Caldwell’s cautious team line ups are the one of the reasons why there has been a lack of goals.

Edited by jlsarmy

10 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

No chance he would accept that , he’s easily got another 5 or 6 years to go before he hangs up his boots if he stays injury free 

I agree, but I am reliably informed that’s what GC plans for him; in his testimonial year as well...

On 5/1/2019 at 12:15 PM, ARu-Strathbungo said:

It would be great to have Skippy for another season, it would be good for him, and good for the players at PTFC. Doolan I would want to see next season, I am sure he has another 15 goals in him given the right service and played in a position that suits his talents, Christie is playing well enough to be here for another few years, and that would take him into testimonial territory …. would be nice to see that happening. 

I don't think having Dools and Skippy at PTFC for the next few years in either playing or coaching rolls would be a bad thing.

Dools has been taking / assisting with the reserves this year, and the Ayr Game at Firhill I saw that Skippy was out on the pitch as a helping hand to the warm-up.

Of course Caldwell and skippy are very close so I suspect if skippy wants to keep playing it will be with us. Main issue will be if he wants to retire or not. He's already got a new media career.

2 hours ago, Knightswood Jag said:

Lack of goals? We’ve scored the second most in the league in 2019 after County

Not true , we scored 43 goals in 36 games, we were after County 63 goals in 36 games , Ayr , Dundee Utd and Inverness Caley also scored more goals than us in the league 

The goals lost should also should be concerning 52 goals in the 36 games , only Alloa lost more 53 

Edited by jlsarmy

3 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Really?? … I guess you know more about KM that I do …. not hard as I know zip

Would be nice to see the other two suggestion, then I think we would have the beginnings of a good team

Doesn’t really make a lot of sense to me , don’t offer Kris Doolan ( 32 yrs old ) and replace him with 39rd old Kenny Miller 

Would rather they gambled on Euan Henderson from Edinburgh City or see if Kevin Nesbitt would continue his development back at Firhill .