Out of Contact Players

Linlithgow Jag

1 minute ago, Jaggernaut said:

Any idea why?

Defensively, guilty of ball watching too often rather than following his man. See the goals Motherwell lost at Rugby Park in the early game last season for evidence.

Attacking, doesn't have the legs that he once had. That was the strongest part of his game in his time with us.

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Defensively, guilty of ball watching too often rather than following his man. See the goals Motherwell lost at Rugby Park in the early game last season for evidence.

Attacking, doesn't have the legs that he once had. That was the strongest part of his game in his time with us.

He's still pretty young, so I wonder what happened to him to have lost it so badly (it would seem).

14 hours ago, Linlithgow Jag said:

Aaron Taylor-Sinclair anyone?

Did Caldwell sign him from us previously? If so he will certainly be on Caldwell’s radar at least you’d imagine.

that said he doesn’t seem to have had much of a career since leaving so I’d rather we stuck with penrice. 

Just now, macca said:

Personally I think we need a decent left back  , I think we have gone downhill quality wise since ATS >Booth>Penrice

Yes and no.

ATS was never a decent left back at the top level. This season has shown his defensive limitations, which were already evident when he was with us.

Booth for me gets a bad rap and its not justified. He was unspectacular - a steady defender - and still gave a lot going forward. Good and reliable player in my view. Archie did him no favours by rushing him back after a horrible injury v Kilmarnock.

Penrice is worthy raw material - coached properly he could be an upgrade on Booth.

11 hours ago, jagfox said:

Penrice is the player the club have to get behind. ATS has had his day, at least in terms of Thistle offering him daft wages on the hope he gets back to where he was...at Thistle.

Agree re Penrice plus if ATS has lost his turn of pace then there should be no way he should be considered even as a back up.

We certainly require cover at left back as we rode our luck with young James last season. Proper cover at left back/left wing back would also allow Penrice to play in centre mid if required.  With Cardle's default position out left cutting in, a left back comfortable in overlapping would be preferable. I actually think Penrice is well capable of doing that but for whatever reason(s) he didn't do that nearly often enough last term.  If James pushes forward consistently then his cover needn't then necessarily be too adventurous a left back, which should widen the possibilities somewhat. 

1 hour ago, That 1 jags fan said:

Spittal has been offered a contract by County and Livi. Would be a loss I think we have seen a different player second half of the season in Spittal.

The way this is going Livi will have our team from a few years ago. Dools to Livi would be another step in that direction. 

5 hours ago, mad-jag said:

The way this is going Livi will have our team from a few years ago. Dools to Livi would be another step in that direction. 

Reverse of the season John Lambie led us to the First Division title when we acquired several players from Livingston. Gerry Britton and Derek Fleming for starters, but I am sure there were more. Paul Deas was definitely at Livingston before, but I am not certain if he came straight to us.