Out of Contact Players

Linlithgow Jag

2 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I didn’t say we should but seems to be an unwritten rule managers have 

So you are happy to stand firm, as Thistle, and do the best for our Club without fear of being ripped to pieces by the Meeja?

Great. On that we can agree ;)

1 minute ago, sandy said:

So you are happy to stand firm, as Thistle, and do the best for our Club without fear of being ripped to pieces by the Meeja?

Great. On that we can agree ;)

Not sure if you mean am I happy to stand as a Partick Thistle fan? Yes very much so I’ve always been happy to be a jags fan thanks :happy2:

56 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

He will be a massive loss to the club

I’m fed up losing players to Livi.

Obviously income could be the incentive but surely Christie would rather play for us. Caldwell needs to be persuasive here.

Livi are ‘here today gone tomorrow’

I wouldn't be upset to see Elliot leave and he would go with a thanks for all he's done. He's always been a useful squad player due to the number of positions he can fill in. This year he's had a full year in a position and not convinced. He really needs to decide if he wants to make a position his own at a lower level or be a squad player at SPL level.

Makes sense for Livingston or any lower end of SPL team who get a player with a good attitude who can fill in a number of positions.

Still can't get my hear around how we are offering him a contract that would make him the highest earner at the club? Perhaps its a low basic with high appearance fee?

If Doolan, Elliott and possibly Spittal can get gigs at Premiership teams they’ll all be better off than staying at Firhill. Emotion aside leaving Firhill whilst we’re in the second tier will benefit them and their families. 

We need to go back to the McNamara plan of attracting young, hungry players not getting a game at a top flight club or recently released to augment the squad. One or two older heads to help out won’t go amiss either, imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ironfist said:

I think Christie will be off. The comments about offering to make him club’s highest paid player so that Caldwell can say he did everything to try and keep a long serving player

He didn’t though did he?

if he wanted to keep him, he could have offered him a new contract months ago. 

3 hours ago, ironfist said:

I think Christie will be off. The comments about offering to make him club’s highest paid player so that Caldwell can say he did everything to try and keep a long serving player

Another instance of spinning to suit a certain agenda.

The club made an offer to Christie which would make him the club's highest earner. As we only have 10 players under contract and Christie is probably the longest serving one it's not that extraordinary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, scotty said:

The club made an offer to Christie which would make him the club's highest earner. As we only have 10 players under contract and Christie is probably the longest serving one it's not that extraordinary.

:clapping:

Personally I hope he stays but if he goes he's not irresplacable. He won a lot of fans round with his gritty performances. Money will talk. Livvy have a very small fan base but they get the tv money of course so they may stay up for a few years yet. 

32 minutes ago, scotty said:

No agenda, just the way I see it. Making that info public seems ridiculous to me if the circumstances are different. Why would any of the others chose then to accept a lesser offer? Don’t imagine banzo, penrice, slater et al will be more motivated with this knowledge