Who's picking the team?

rustic

Well. Plenty on here pick the team on a weekly basis. Why not give the players a go? Some agree with the idea. Some don't. Plenty are ambivalent. Someone once said there is no such thing as bad publicity....but that was before fitba forums.

So does anyone know how this was leaked? Was it a player or a coach speaking to the media? I might have missed something.

I have mixed emotions for Caldwell. Awful start but has made mostly decent signings (mansell and Roy were strange ones) and started picking up results in the new year but his love for Storey is beyond me. Don’t know how he can see anything in that donkey.

Anyway he needs to get the players fired up for Saturday right from the start and to keep it that way for the full 90. Mon the Jags :fan:

1 hour ago, Linlithgow Jag said:

So does anyone know how this was leaked? Was it a player or a coach speaking to the media? I might have missed something.

I have mixed emotions for Caldwell. Awful start but has made mostly decent signings (mansell and Roy were strange ones) and started picking up results in the new year but his love for Storey is beyond me. Don’t know how he can see anything in that donkey.

Anyway he needs to get the players fired up for Saturday right from the start and to keep it that way for the full 90. Mon the Jags :fan:

Ally Roy according to the Pie & Bovril pages

56 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

It's only in the last few days that I've realised: what an utter carthorse Storey is; what a complete clown Caldwell is; and the bizarre lengths the manager's fan bois will go to in defending him.

Enlightenment can be a slow process but you got there in the end. The bore bois v the fan bois. All good banter. 

Not really, I always thought Caldo was a clown - but now it's beyond doubt, publicly.  

What amazes me is how anyone can come on here and defend him after his latest stunt. Well beyond boring, I'll say that.

Remind me again,  precisely which principle of organisational psychology was it Caldo was using when he asked his team for their opinions and then states publicly that he won't be taking any of their opinions on board? What principle of managerial excellence would he be deploying there? Can't find it in the handbook.

An utter laughing stock.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

The whole club is an utter mess from top to bottom.  The fall from grace has been absolutely spectacular.

Sadly you are completely correct. If we avoid relegation on Saturday it should be a massive wake up call and emphasis the need for ruthless change from top to bottom.

However I suspect that if relegation is avoided we will have statements exhibiting denial that Chemical Ali woud be ashamed of.

Another case of a snippet of gossip getting on to social media and the keyboard fans filling in the narrative!

Who knows what was getting done with the team selections. Maybe there was to be a tenner in the envelopes and the one who got the squad exactly right got all the cash.  I don't know if that constitutes gambling on football but it may be a reason for garbled excuses.

Any more wild conjecture can be put in an envelope and sent to where ever!  :secret:

13 minutes ago, scotty said:

Another case of a snippet of gossip getting on to social media and the keyboard fans filling in the narrative!

Who knows what was getting done with the team selections. Maybe there was to be a tenner in the envelopes and the one who got the squad exactly right got all the cash.  I don't know if that constitutes gambling on football but it may be a reason for garbled excuses.

Any more wild conjecture can be put in an envelope and sent to where ever!  :secret:

You might have had a point if Caldwell hadn't already confirmed that he had asked the players to do it and it was " to see what their feelings are on who they wanted to play alongside them against Queens"

6 minutes ago, laukat said:

You might have had a point if Caldwell hadn't already confirmed that he had asked the players to do it and it was " to see what their feelings are on who they wanted to play alongside them against Queens"

Didn't see that.

I was slightly scathing on the 7 days thread last night. Listened to sport sound and heard opinions of the three "pundits" mccalla, Miller and neilson. None of them too scathing which I guess was to be expected given they are fellow managers.

I am now thinking, so feck. We've more important things to be worried about. Even though I agree with semis post above, there's far more concerns around tactics, formations, and caldwells continued love of storey, than for us to be consumed by this "leak"

The worst aspect is that it tends us towards thinking things in the dressing room are not how they should be. That said, hope they are together on Saturday. Got our tickets yesterday. Boy on the desk said there's 2000 plus jags fans expected. I've a pal who's ex qos and still has family down there and the club are planning for a 6000 crowd. Should be lively. Mon jags we can do them, we can worry about Caldwell afterwards.