Dools Race Night.

digger

Just to let you know lads & lassies that tickets (£10) are available at www.krisdoolan.com for his Testimonial Race Night in the Alan Rough Lounge, Firhill. Saturday 18th May at 7.30pm.

Price of ticket includes half time snacks. Guaranteed to be a cracking night for our very own Number 9.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, digger said:

Just to let you know lads & lassies that tickets (£10) are available at www.krisdoolan.com for his Testimonial Race Night in the Alan Rough Lounge, Firhill. Saturday 18th May at 7.30pm.

Price of ticket includes half time snacks. Guaranteed to be a cracking night for our very own Number 9.

Sounds great digger. We are away in the Borders that weekend but I hope it’s a huge success for Dools. Legend.

35 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Didn’t win a thing either lol.  Good night had though.  Any idea why Kris was not allowed to speak though?

I don't know the specifics but its to do with HMRC.  He can't actively promote events and the organisers must be independent from the club.  This ensures he gets to keep more £ and not the taxman.

Players in attendance were Doh doh doh Conrad Balatoni, Scott Fox, Scott MacDonald, Stephen O'Donnel, Steven Craig, Chris Erskine.  There were Q&A with them.  Erskine bigged up the club, supporters, Dools and said he thought it was a disgrace he didn't get a contract.  Erskine & Dools are real Thistle men.  A rare breed.

Was good to see Balatoni who was my fave player from the promotion season.  His career didn't work out as he hoped or i expected which shows how fickle the game is.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, That 1 jags fan said:

It’s not surprising but neither can complain going on how they played this season.

Think you could through the whole team and say that , in Chris Erskine’s defence he hardly played under Caldwell at all , so not sure how anyone can come to that conclusion.

Great night I was a few quid up but then managed to fritter that away on the final auction race. Well done to the winning owner who donated his winnings from that race to the Beatson, a charity close to a lot of people. 

Good to see a lot of players from the promotion season as well as a chance to thank Skippy for his short but vital Thistle career. 

A horse called Sack the Board seemed to get a lot of support from sections of those attending.

I didn’t catch all the players chat but Chris Erskine was upset with the way he felt Kris had been treated which is understandable, imo. 

I don’t do golf but I’ll happily get behind any other events that the committee have lined up. 

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

Think you could through the whole team and say that , in Chris Erskine’s defence he hardly played under Caldwell at all , so not sure how anyone can come to that conclusion.

He didn’t do that much under Archie before Caldwells appointment and for me was disappointing in the relegation season and sadly given he was probably a high earner I can see why he was moved. I get that the whole team were but if erskine was one of our legends and supposedly a big influence in the dressing room then it’s a bit disappointing it didn’t seem to show more often 

Rightly or wrongly it looks like the club is going Down the no more cuddly toy route now.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

He didn’t do that much under Archie before Caldwells appointment and for me was disappointing in the relegation season and sadly given he was probably a high earner I can see why he was moved. I get that the whole team were but if erskine was one of our legends and supposedly a big influence in the dressing room then it’s a bit disappointing it didn’t seem to show more often 

Rightly or wrongly it looks like the club is going Down the no more cuddly toy route now.

Wrongly, Caldwell is ripping the arse out of the Club , talking to people last night who I trust the man is absolutely poisonous and toxic .

There is no chance we are going to get any sort of togetherness and unity with supporters when Caldwell is involved.

Take Scott McDonald out of the equation last year and we get relegated, be interesting to see what transfers we do in the transfer window.

Edited by jlsarmy
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

As well as  throwing out the cuddly toys they don't seem to have noticed the baby in the bath when they threw the water out!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Wrongly, Caldwell is ripping the arse out of the Club , talking to people last who I trust the man is absolutely poisonous and toxic .

There is no chance we are going to get any sort of togetherness and unity with supporters when Caldwell is involved.

Take Scott McDonald out of the equation last year and we get relegated, be interesting to see what transfers we do in the transfer window.

So far signing Gordon, Williams and cardle looks alright to me.

ripping the arse out the club or some might see it as moving on players past their best and on high wages and who had done nothing to stop the decline of the club over the last 2 years 

as for unity you never get that anyway- there was a group who wanted Archie out unfairly during the seasons he had kept us in the SPL, McNamara had his critics so too did Ian McCall even 

Edited by Third Lanark