Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
digger

Dools Race Night.

Recommended Posts

Just realised that there were no current Thistle players at the event last night ( technically maybe Skippy). It was also a night on behalf of a Jags legend who many folk felt has been  harshly treated by the club. A lot of attendees are hardly going to be amongst GCs or the club’s decision makers biggest fans at the moment, or ever. That’s fair enough.

Personally when you consider GC was basing his decisions on the period he’s been at the club I can also see why he chose to move on the players he did. 

Bottom line is the manager didn’t want Dools. I don’t know how the club could’ve sugar-coated that bitter pill? Clumsily done certainly. At least we’ll have the Testimonial match to cheer him one more time. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Just realised that there were no current Thistle players at the event last night ( technically maybe Skippy). It was also a night on behalf of a Jags legend who many folk felt has been  harshly treated by the club. A lot of attendees are hardly going to be amongst GCs or the club’s decision makers biggest fans at the moment, or ever. That’s fair enough.

Personally when you consider GC was basing his decisions on the period he’s been at the club I can also see why he chose to move on the players he did. 

Bottom line is the manager didn’t want Dools. I don’t know how the club could’ve sugar-coated that bitter pill? Clumsily done certainly. At least we’ll have the Testimonial match to cheer him one more time. 

 

 

Agreed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I think apart from the events already advertised the organisers may want to hold another event later in the year, perhaps another comedy night.  

Dools Testimonial dates.jpeg

Yeah, I’ve heard that being sounded out. Was chatting pre-event about the possibility of a Sportsman’s Dinner. Could be a good night?

The main event will be the Testimonial Match in terms of people attending. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Take Scott McDonald out of the equation last year and we get relegated.

We can't and we didn't. Perhaps it's time to change this particular record.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_20190519_130124.thumb.jpg.5a3fde2697db14f5c1831fc983a80631.jpg

I should point out the players seemed to have a good time overall :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Just realised that there were no current Thistle players at the event last night ( technically maybe Skippy). It was also a night on behalf of a Jags legend who many folk felt has been  harshly treated by the club. A lot of attendees are hardly going to be amongst GCs or the club’s decision makers biggest fans at the moment, or ever. That’s fair enough.

Personally when you consider GC was basing his decisions on the period he’s been at the club I can also see why he chose to move on the players he did. 

Bottom line is the manager didn’t want Dools. I don’t know how the club could’ve sugar-coated that bitter pill? Clumsily done certainly. At least we’ll have the Testimonial match to cheer him one more time. 

 

 

Disappointing that none of the present players attended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jagfox said:

IMG_20190519_130124.thumb.jpg.5a3fde2697db14f5c1831fc983a80631.jpg

I should point out the players seemed to have a good time overall :lol:

Great pic

Well done Scott Fox, after the abuse he has taken after he left.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, thebiglemon said:

Great pic

Well done Scott Fox, after the abuse he has taken after he left.

Agree with that. Some supporters well out of order on that front. With regard to none of the current squad showing face maybe they weren't invited. No bannigan? Holiday maybe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jagfox said:

Just realised that there were no current Thistle players at the event last night ( technically maybe Skippy). It was also a night on behalf of a Jags legend who many folk felt has been  harshly treated by the club. A lot of attendees are hardly going to be amongst GCs or the club’s decision makers biggest fans at the moment, or ever. That’s fair enough.

Personally when you consider GC was basing his decisions on the period he’s been at the club I can also see why he chose to move on the players he did. 

Bottom line is the manager didn’t want Dools. I don’t know how the club could’ve sugar-coated that bitter pill? Clumsily done certainly. At least we’ll have the Testimonial match to cheer him one more time. 

 

 

Whether it should or shouldn't have happened is a point for debate.

What isn't up for debate is the manner in which it was handled by the club. It was just plain wrong by any standard you choose to judge it.

See the dignified manner in which Vincent Kompany's departure from Man City has been handled today for an example of how to do it properly.

Edited by Barney Rubble
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dl1971 said:

Agree with that. Some supporters well out of order on that front. With regard to none of the current squad showing face maybe they weren't invited. No bannigan? Holiday maybe. 

Could be as we were told pre- season was going to be 7 weeks and 2 days and we were going to be the first team back .

Sure the players will be happy with that !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jagfox said:

IMG_20190519_130124.thumb.jpg.5a3fde2697db14f5c1831fc983a80631.jpg

I should point out the players seemed to have a good time overall :lol:

Great picture of some of our champions :fan:

also great that Scott McDonald took the time to go along, showing once again his class as a person as well as a player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As i said earlier a good night and good to see some thistle ex’s (I would not have recognised Balatoni) however i accept the mood on the night giving the occasion but I did cringe with all the sack the board and caldwell out stuff.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, elevenone said:

As i said earlier a good night and good to see some thistle ex’s (I would not have recognised Balatoni) however i accept the mood on the night giving the occasion but I did cringe with all the sack the board and caldwell out stuff.  

You can’t stop people having an opinion on what’s happened, not sure what you expected .

There is a lot of bitterness within the Club just now , a few of the sponsors I spoke to last night are pulling their sponsorship next season because of the way this has been handled .

 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

missed last night due to a family  occasion but will be there in  November for the big one..... All the best Kris .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

You can’t stop people having an opinion on what’s happened, not sure what you expected .

There is a lot of bitterness within the Club just now , a few of the sponsors I spoke to last night are pulling their sponsorship next season because of the way this has been handled .

 

 

 

Would never in a million years be my intention to suppress opinions, was just merely stating I personally found some of the sentiment on the night not to my personal taste.  Dools is a legend , probably never to be repeated in my lifetime, however next season if he lines up against us then so be it, I hope he loses as Thistle are my priority.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Would never in a million years be my intention to suppress opinions, was just merely stating I personally found some of the sentiment on the night not to my personal taste.  Dools is a legend , probably never to be repeated in my lifetime, however next season if he lines up against us then so be it, I hope he loses as Thistle are my priority.

 

Don’t think we’ll need to worry about Dools playing against us next season from what I hear he’ll be in the SPFL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Don’t think we’ll need to worry about Dools playing against us next season from what I hear he’ll be in the SPFL 

We are in the SPFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Whether it should or shouldn't have happened is a point for debate.

What isn't up for debate is the manner in which it was handled by the club. It was just plain wrong by any standard you choose to judge it.

See the dignified manner in which Vincent Kompany's departure from Man City has been handled today for an example of how to do it properly.

If you are giving someone bad news at work ie redundancy  the advice is always to .....not beat about the bush, come to point quickly and clearly articulate the decision and then not to get into a discussion about the why as the decision is not going to be changed .....seems to me that’s what the club did 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sincerely hope that Kris continues his career successfully wherever that club plays their football. I also hope he gets plenty of game time because for long time that wasn't happening at PTFC. I'm sure Kris will be looking forward and not back. That s what I'll be doing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, javeajag said:

If you are giving someone bad news at work ie redundancy  the advice is always to .....not beat about the bush, come to point quickly and clearly articulate the decision and then not to get into a discussion about the why as the decision is not going to be changed .....seems to me that’s what the club did 

If it had been done in a dignified and respectful way there wouldn’t have been the backlash.

Seems the decision was left to a guy who had been in the Club for 7 months and is absolutely clueless to the connection Kris Doolan has with our Club through the good times and bad times .

If there had been discussions with Kris , his agent over the last couple of months this scenario wouldn’t have happened, instead he was told on the day by Gary Caldwell with no direction from Britton and Low even though Kris had been an employee for the last 10 years 

The bad feeling is going to cost the Club financially which isn’t good for anybody with sponsors pulling out .

Not sure your parallel with redundancy is the right one .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

If it had been done in a dignified and respectful way there wouldn’t have been the backlash.

Seems the decision was left to a guy who had been in the Club for 7 months and is absolutely clueless to the connection Kris Doolan has with our Club through the good times and bad times .

If there had been discussions with Kris , his agent over the last couple of months this scenario wouldn’t have happened, instead he was told on the day by Gary Caldwell with no direction from Britton and Low even though Kris had been an employee for the last 10 years 

The bad feeling is going to cost the Club financially which isn’t good for anybody with sponsors pulling out .

Not sure your parallel with redundancy is the right one .

I think it’s the managers job not the ceo or chairman  as he is a player....and choose bad news at work if you feel that’s a better example ....also not everyone is as upset as you about it and of those who are upset many will not take any financial action 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To coin a phrase; ' it ain't what you do, its the way that you do it'.   The way that Kris was thrown out the door is nothing short of a disgrace. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about keeping on topic?

Sounds like it was a really good night.  Was it a sellout? Hope I'm around for the testimonial game.  Desperate to see Kris in a Jags jersey at least one more time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Willjag said:

How about keeping on topic?

Sounds like it was a really good night.  Was it a sellout? Hope I'm around for the testimonial game.  Desperate to see Kris in a Jags jersey at least one more time!

Will he be in a Thistle Shirt though? If he is it may be a Thistle select side with old players but not sure he will be placed in the current team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×