Season Tickets 2019/20

For the first time in 20 seasons I'll be waiting to see who we sign before deciding whether to buy for me and wife.  Normally I'm a very early renewer. The preseason signing activity has been a disgrace for the last two so I don't see any point in my paying out early while the club waits to the last minute to get players in. 

8 hours ago, Linlithgow Jag said:

Does anyone know when the season tickets will go on sale?

I will be getting mine and I hope that many others will too.

The sooner the better,would like to think that the club will add the league cup games back on this Season,removing them last season was a bit of a blow to us pensioners,every game we get on the ticket means a lot.

1 hour ago, falklandal1 said:

The sooner the better,would like to think that the club will add the league cup games back on this Season,removing them last season was a bit of a blow to us pensioners,every game we get on the ticket means a lot.

To increase the OAP season ticket after relegation was a scandal. A double blow with the league cup games coming off.

• Like 1

For the first time in years I didn't get one last season..... Living abroad, it makes zero sense to spend money on something like that, but I always did, until Archie's dismal failures finally got to me.

Caldwell doesn't light my fire either, but I'm tempted to support the cause agin next season..... But I'll wait to see what he does in terms of players in, players out. If he bins Elliott and/or Doolan , then forget it; my money will go elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

For the first time in years I didn't get one last season..... Living abroad, it makes zero sense to spend money on something like that, but I always did, until Archie's dismal failures finally got to me.

Caldwell doesn't light my fire either, but I'm tempted to support the cause agin next season..... But I'll wait to see what he does in terms of players in, players out. If he bins Elliott and/or Doolan , then forget it; my money will go elsewhere.

I feel The number one priority really needs to keeping McDonald and that’s even before keeping Doolan and Elliott 

I worked abroad for almost 30 years, so a ST never made sense for me, plus living in a house at the north end of Loch Lomond meant a home game for me was a 110 mile round trip. Retirement in December allowed me to at last get a 1/2 season ST, but I hesitated due to GC's car crash coaching and game tactics. Finally, this 2019 / 2020 season I will buy my ST and hopefully watch a better team play better and more consistent [hopefully exciting] football with a bit of style and maybe, just maybe we have a cup run that gets us at least to a semi final [any cup, don't care what cup]

For all GC's faults, I don't think I can deny the fact of the stats since Xmas show improvement. PTFC overall played below the standards you would expect from a team that 12 month earlier were good for a top 6 finish in the SPL, but to be honest, it was a pretty weird season for 6 out of the 10 teams that make up the Championship … every time we went on a good run, so did Falkirk, and so did Alloa!! It made it exciting for the neutral, but stomach churning for the supporters.

As an after thought, I hope GC and his management / coaching group spend some time scouting the Junior leagues, I think there are a few gems still to be discovered from that source.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

I worked abroad for almost 30 years, so a ST never made sense for me, plus living in a house at the north end of Loch Lomond meant a home game for me was a 110 mile round trip. Retirement in December allowed me to at last get a 1/2 season ST, but I hesitated due to GC's car crash coaching and game tactics. Finally, this 2019 / 2020 season I will buy my ST and hopefully watch a better team play better and more consistent [hopefully exciting] football with a bit of style and maybe, just maybe we have a cup run that gets us at least to a semi final [any cup, don't care what cup]

For all GC's faults, I don't think I can deny the fact of the stats since Xmas show improvement. PTFC overall played below the standards you would expect from a team that 12 month earlier were good for a top 6 finish in the SPL, but to be honest, it was a pretty weird season for 6 out of the 10 teams that make up the Championship … every time we went on a good run, so did Falkirk, and so did Alloa!! It made it exciting for the neutral, but stomach churning for the supporters.

As an after thought, I hope GC and his management / coaching group spend some time scouting the Junior leagues, I think there are a few gems still to be discovered from that source.

Is your house not rather wet? Hopefully the great scenery makes up for it! Enjoy your first season ticket season.

2 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Is your house not rather wet? Hopefully the great scenery makes up for it! Enjoy your first season ticket season.

I used to say west of Crianlarich, but the majority thought I was clearing my throat or had no clue as to what or where I was talking about. Top end of Loch Lomond is easier to understand.

I'll be renewing mine, of course. My boy turns 16 in September so he's going to have to find the moolah for his season ticket for the first time ever. He's been sitting beside me in the JHS for 8 seasons now.

I suggested he get a summer job to pay for it. The shock on his face was a sight to behold. Bank of Mum and Dad will probably ride to the rescue again.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

I used to say west of Crianlarich, but the majority thought I was clearing my throat or had no clue as to what or where I was talking about. Top end of Loch Lomond is easier to understand.

I lived in Crianlarich for fourteen years and have heard it pronounced so many ways!  :thinking:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

I will be getting mine but just hope the guy sitting in front of me tones it down a bit next season :innocent2:

lol,was thinking of getting a video camera to record all the goals that you miss.I don't come for the football Martin,the patter makes up for some of the rubbish we have had to watch for the last wee while,hope GC gets his players sorted for next season,i need to get my scapegoat sorted early!.

34 minutes ago, falklandal1 said:

lol,was thinking of getting a video camera to record all the goals that you miss.I don't come for the football Martin,the patter makes up for some of the rubbish we have had to watch for the last wee while,hope GC gets his players sorted for next season,i need to get my scapegoat sorted early!.

Save your money for half time draw tickets! I think you should sign up for the crossbar challenge next season - that will cheer us all up. Enjoy your break.

6 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Tyndrum rather Inverarnan then? 

6 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

My daughter has been working in Glencoe Village this year, so has been down and up the A82 and along Loch Lomond side for Thistle games numerous times.

I am guessing that you live in the cattle creep that takes the West Highland Way under the main road somewhere near Crianlarich.

2 hours ago, partickthedog said:

My daughter has been working in Glencoe Village this year, so has been down and up the A82 and along Loch Lomond side for Thistle games numerous times.

I am guessing that you live in the cattle creep that takes the West Highland Way under the main road somewhere near Crianlarich.

Maybe he has just recently mooooo’ved there ;)

10 hours ago, partickthedog said:

I left Crianlarich just over two years ago, and moved back to Shawlands in Glasgow. I'm not sure there is an underpass for the WHW on the A82 between Crianlarich and Tyndrum?

My house was at Inverherive which is about a mile west of Crianlarich.

11 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

I left Crianlarich just over two years ago, and moved back to Shawlands in Glasgow. I'm not sure there is an underpass for the WHW on the A82 between Crianlarich and Tyndrum?

My house was at Inverherive which is about a mile west of Crianlarich.

How long did you live there? I was in Crianlarich from '81 to '95. Ran the Youth Hostel.