Jacqui Low

As a subscriber to Jagzone , I find it quiet distasteful to open up my Hearld this morning to see an article written by our Chairman: " Hard word starts now for Partick Thistle to get back to the Premiership"

Surely the Hard work should start with our Chairman addressing the growing gulf between the Board and the fantastic fans she refers to in the article.

This season has been difficult, but through my career which included administrations, redundancies etc etc   I always found it was better to keep your colleagues and employees informed, good or bad news.

The Chairman and Gerry (King of Spain) have treated us the "fantastic fans" who travelled in huge numbers  to follow our club through the dark times this season with distain.

Whats the point of having Jagzone if the club do not use it.

Fair play to the Manager and the players for regularly giving us updates after good and bad results.

Someone within the clubs media department must read comments such as this on social media so please pass this message to Jacqui and Gerry, talk directly to the fans thro Jagzone or just abandon Jagzone we pay good money monthly for this communication.

Looking forward to next season already with optimism. 

• Like 1

To be honest, I like the fact that we are in the news with some positive words. My worries with the club are on a much simpler level:- 1) will ticket sales be at a level to encourage other investment that will give us the basis to attempt a top 4 finish next season 2) can we hold onto the loan players and short term signings who have performed well since Xmas, and if not where will we find suitable replacements.

Less than 70 days before the new season starts, that's not long to put together a team good enough to get top 4 in this league.

38 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Less than 70 days before the new season starts, that's not long to put together a team good enough to get top 4 in this league.

We have 11 players under contract for next season. At least one of those players will leave. That's a pretty solid foundation from which to build.

And we have the same amount of time as every other team in the league, some of which will be facing much more daunting rebuilding jobs than us.

48 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

We have 11 players under contract for next season. At least one of those players will leave. That's a pretty solid foundation from which to build.

And we have the same amount of time as every other team in the league, some of which will be facing much more daunting rebuilding jobs than us.

Yes, understood, you state the obvious in that the rest of the league have the same time, but my point was more aimed at the income streams we had last year [parachute etc] compared top what we have now. My guess is if we don't get promotion back to the SPL next season, it might be a long term strategy the board need to employ. Additionally, if the reserve league becomes a thing of the past, how will that impact bringing young talent through to the senior team status.

And yes, these problems exist for all the Championship teams, and all have to be addressed within the same timeframe. My feeling is PTFC more than most, need to get back to Premier league status sooner rather than later. Example:- For Ross County and ICT inward investment is comparatively simple … one senior team in one reasonably sized 'footballing community'. Income is strong and stable and they are able to put together good teams as they have the backing of some well established business people in their areas. We on the other hand have to fight for spare income against the two ugly sisters, and that will never be easy.

2 hours ago, gerrybritton9 said:

Jacqui believes in this club and truly wants to help nurture it and make it grow.

Why not message her on twitter. She always replies and tries to give her time.

Shes given me a lot of advice and support.

However, today is the anniversary of the death of her baby daughter Steph.

That's beyond horrendous. Emphasising more to life than football. Thoughts with her at what will be a horrifically difficult time.

14 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Yes, understood, you state the obvious in that the rest of the league have the same time, but my point was more aimed at the income streams we had last year [parachute etc] compared top what we have now. My guess is if we don't get promotion back to the SPL next season, it might be a long term strategy the board need to employ. Additionally, if the reserve league becomes a thing of the past, how will that impact bringing young talent through to the senior team status.

And yes, these problems exist for all the Championship teams, and all have to be addressed within the same timeframe. My feeling is PTFC more than most, need to get back to Premier league status sooner rather than later. Example:- For Ross County and ICT inward investment is comparatively simple … one senior team in one reasonably sized 'footballing community'. Income is strong and stable and they are able to put together good teams as they have the backing of some well established business people in their areas. We on the other hand have to fight for spare income against the two ugly sisters, and that will never be easy.

Coupled with the not unreasonable point that the last few seasons under AA and Maxie, we were very late with getting our business done. It's a great talking point during close season, I've not even thought about summer holidays yet but am excited about next season. Am slowly coming round to our manager, signings will be significant evidence of his and the clubs intent. Personally I'm not desperate for a quick return to premier. I would rather have a long term strategy, with the training ground in place. We would be better placed with a long term strategy which would better ensure having a long term future in premier division.

14 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

That's beyond horrendous. Emphasising more to life than football. Thoughts with her at what will be a horrifically difficult time.

Completely agree TB - today in particular must be such a sad time for her, the last thing in her mind would be football 

1 hour ago, gerrybritton9 said:

If people think today is a bad day for Jacqui then I invite you to go on twitter and send out a message to her. 

Just for no reason at all just to be kind and loving and show her who we are 

It shall be done.

2 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Coupled with the not unreasonable point that the last few seasons under AA and Maxie, we were very late with getting our business done. It's a great talking point during close season, I've not even thought about summer holidays yet but am excited about next season. Am slowly coming round to our manager, signings will be significant evidence of his and the clubs intent. Personally I'm not desperate for a quick return to premier. I would rather have a long term strategy, with the training ground in place. We would be better placed with a long term strategy which would better ensure having a long term future in premier division.

Totally agree with you TB , would rather build a sustainable Club with the emphasis on coaching young players and giving them a pathway to the first team . We could throw money at this and possibly get a play off place next year , possibly get promotion and get relegated the year after.

If it was out in the open to supporters that was our template for the future then I think supporters would buy into that , providing there is progress along the way .

2 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Completely agree, I would rather see us field young Scottish talent working together with some older, wiser and grey haired player [the likes of McDonald] and playing some free flowing games at Championship level for a couple of years, rather than the 'dog eat dog' wars of attrition that the SPL can give us … but can we afford to be away from home crowds of 7500+ that the Premier League gives us for a long period of time?

I'm feeling more optimistic about our fortunes than I was 12 months ago, so GC must be doing something right.

5 hours ago, gerrybritton9 said:

Jacqui believes in this club and truly wants to help nurture it and make it grow.

Why not message her on twitter. She always replies and tries to give her time.

Shes given me a lot of advice and support.

However, today is the anniversary of the death of her baby daughter Steph.

Ok couple of things - the lack of Communications until the last few days from those who run the Club says a lot - funny enough as soon as it looks like we are not to be relegated then its wall to wall coverage - previous to that and despite promises of regular communications - nowhere to be seen - on the  Training Ground - no Official Update since the AGM - again strange given how it was being pushed as the answer to all our problems previously - then nothing - Chinese Whispers to couple of people - but no actual update - so the Poster has a point ref communications - Fans complain on a regular basis regards e-mails being ignored  - but we are now being told to use Twitter ? is this now the Official Club Communications Channel - obviously it has the facility to block people you might disagree with - as for using Press Interviews - our Fans pay for Jagszone - Club should either be using it or its own Official Channels - very few people bother with Newspaper these days - so no idea why we are using these as the main source of putting out important messages to our Fans  

14 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok couple of things - the lack of Communications until the last few days from those who run the Club says a lot - funny enough as soon as it looks like we are not to be relegated then its wall to wall coverage - previous to that and despite promises of regular communications - nowhere to be seen - on the  Training Ground - no Official Update since the AGM - again strange given how it was being pushed as the answer to all our problems previously - then nothing - Chinese Whispers to couple of people - but no actual update - so the Poster has a point ref communications - Fans complain on a regular basis regards e-mails being ignored  - but we are now being told to use Twitter ? is this now the Official Club Communications Channel - obviously it has the facility to block people you might disagree with - as for using Press Interviews - our Fans pay for Jagszone - Club should either be using it or its own Official Channels - very few people bother with Newspaper these days - so no idea why we are using these as the main source of putting out important messages to our Fans  

Are you being “told” to use twitter??????????

I sit in the JH and hear nothing but complaints,moaning and sighing.

at QoS on Saturday people where there to have fun and support and be entertained. It was a joy 

45 minutes ago, gerrybritton9 said:

Are you being “told” to use twitter??????????

I sit in the JH and hear nothing but complaints,moaning and sighing.

at QoS on Saturday people where there to have fun and support and be entertained. It was a joy 

No - but its being suggested that if you use it -the Chairman will respond-  whereas there are lots of compliant about lack of responses to e-mails  -although  you can block people on Twitter that you dont like - so Im assuming that those in the JHS who are moaning & complaining have nothing to complain about  - plus formal Club Communications have not been what was promised 

As for Saturday- that was a relief from fear of relegation- something joyous is when you achieve  - staying up was not an achievement ?  

But as you mention JLo has given me a lot of advice and support" not sure what your personal relationship relevance is to a thread about poor Club Communications ? 

as for "Jacqui believes in this club and truly wants to help nurture it and make it grow" - with all due respect thats like saying breathing is good for you - thats her job its not something you get credit for - believing & delivering are two different things - so far we are a bit short on the delivery bit  .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gerrybritton9 said:

If people think today is a bad day for Jacqui then I invite you to go on twitter and send out a message to her. 

Just for no reason at all just to be kind and loving and show her who we are 

Just read through some of her twitter posts and replies. Terrible. Think our chair should absolutely have some positive messages sent. 

I know Jacqui personally- not because I’m rich or well connected but because I said hello her at the stadium once. 

She is not perfect but she LOVES this club and she will give everything to improve it.

She’s tough as well 

she took phone calls from terrified relatives asking about their friends in Lockerbie knowing full well that the area had been demolished.

she is our chairman and she IS one of us.

Like I say, I sometimes message her on Twitter to ask questions 

Do you think the club needs a social media/ supporter contact person?

if so, tell her that.

its a job I’d love to do 

16 minutes ago, gerrybritton9 said:

I know Jacqui personally- not because I’m rich or well connected but because I said hello her at the stadium once. 

She is not perfect but she LOVES this club and she will give everything to improve it.

She’s tough as well 

she took phone calls from terrified relatives asking about their friends in Lockerbie knowing full well that the area had been demolished.

she is our chairman and she IS one of us.

Like I say, I sometimes message her on Twitter to ask questions 

Do you think the club needs a social media/ supporter contact person?

if so, tell her that.

its a job I’d love to do 

First  her previous job has nothing to do with the Club we have Fans in the Emergency Services who do similar daily - that was her job - she was paid to do it 

As for "one of us " Im not aware of any connection with Partick Thistle prior to her acting for the Weirs 

So its all about Twitter - yet  the promised monthly updates from the Club failed to happen 

as for Social Media just in case you hadnt noticed we have two full time employees looking after Communications - which Im guessing is two more than Alloa who finished above us  

As Ive said  - talk is easy - its the delivery bit thats hard - so far all thats been delivered is we didnt drop to the Third Level in Scottish Football  

6 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

First  her previous job has nothing to do with the Club we have Fans in the Emergency Services who do similar daily - that was her job - she was paid to do it 

As for "one of us " Im not aware of any connection with Partick Thistle prior to her acting for the Weirs 

So its all about Twitter - yet  the promised monthly updates from the Club failed to happen 

as for Social Media just in case you hadnt noticed we have two full time employees looking after Communications - which Im guessing is two more than Alloa who finished above us  

As Ive said  - talk is easy - its the delivery bit thats hard - so far all thats been delivered is we didnt drop to the Third Level in Scottish Football  

I was not aware that social media content delivered points and you might want to check the league table!