Jacqui Low

3 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Well funnily enough I do. I do not want to watch accies style of football. Not in a gazillion years. If you aspire to that then you're bonkers. Sterile hoofball? No ta.

If you mean aspire to their league position fine, no arguement there, but if you aspire to their off field shenanigans and on field bore fest...................jog on

You can add in that dreadful plastic pitch as well. In fact that more than probably dictates their style of play. 

2 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Have you been watching Gary Caldwell’s team all season.

Not sure that’s entertaining attacking football.

Yes I have jls. We have been absolute dross at times but have never resorted to accies style of football. When we click we are easy on the eye. In recent times v Rc 1st half, v DU, v Alloa 2nd half, v qos we have played good football. When we pass and move, high tempo we are good and entertaining. Not as good as under McNamara or early AA tenure I'll give you that but some thing tangible to build on.

I've a pal who watches accies, and he hates what the have become since Alex Neil left. I saw accies 5 times this season and they would have struggled in the championship they really would. And my mate says it's the same every week. Solid banks of 4, clear the lines, repeat for 90 minutes.

So no, I don't want that for Thistle and that is why I stated jj is bonkers

19 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

You can add in that dreadful plastic pitch as well. In fact that more than probably dictates their style of play. 

I know it's easy to criticise from the margins but I guess they play to their strengths. They've never replaced the creativity of mcarthur. Lewis ferguson kinda left before he reached that level.

I get what @JordanhillJag says about bringing young player through but they've not brought through much more than us in recent times

6 hours ago, Dark Passenger said:

We've been failing for years if that's the case. 

St Johnstone and Inverness won the Scottish Cup while Archie was manager and David Beattie was Chairman. Falkirk reached the final. 

St Mirren and Ross County won the league cup in the same period. Inverness played in a final. St Johnstone and Morton got to Hampden. 

Did you call for the manager and Chairman's heads then?

And its true to say that Hamilton have an excellent academy set up that we should be striving to replicate - but they're very much the exception and not the rule. But let's draw the line there, because I'm not sure you can hold up a club that fell for a £1 million fraud as a beacon of best business practice. 

If we were in the Premier then there is no compliant - yes getting into Cup Finals etc is important - butts the league you play in which is the measure - under Beattie we were promoted and reached top six - should we have sacked Archie the Season we got relegated - No idea - it was a difficult call either way  as for Fraud - lots of large organisations fall for sophisticate fraud scams - thats a bit bizarre to blame Accies for a theft  - they have been in the Premier League  a lot longer than we have over the last 20 Years with half our support - they run a sustainable Club and punch above there weight producing & selling on Players 

Given the money we received last Season  to go into the last Game with a potential relegation play off was unacceptable - as Ive said they get another shot - but they have to start delivering - stop talking 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Given the money we received last Season  to go into the last Game with a potential relegation play off was unacceptable - as Ive said they get another shot - but they have to start delivering - stop talking 

This, JJ.

3 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Yes I have jls. We have been absolute dross at times but have never resorted to accies style of football. When we click we are easy on the eye. In recent times v Rc 1st half, v DU, v Alloa 2nd half, v qos we have played good football. When we pass and move, high tempo we are good and entertaining. Not as good as under McNamara or early AA tenure I'll give you that but some thing tangible to build on.

I've a pal who watches accies, and he hates what the have become since Alex Neil left. I saw accies 5 times this season and they would have struggled in the championship they really would. And my mate says it's the same every week. Solid banks of 4, clear the lines, repeat for 90 minutes.

So no, I don't want that for Thistle and that is why I stated jj is bonkers

I was using them as a Model to compare what can be achieved with a limited budget & support - the style of Football will vary from Manager to Manager - however they changed Managers on a semi regular basis without impacting on there position  

2 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I was using them as a Model to compare what can be achieved with a limited budget & support - the style of Football will vary from Manager to Manager - however they changed Managers on a semi regular basis without impacting on there position  

Their position was since Alex Neil left is cross. Their league position hasn't changed I'll grant you but they are not a model for success.

7 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Hamilton have been in the Premiership for 5 years, the same as we were. It remains to be seen if they stay in for a 6th. They have had a few players in the past that they were able to sell to English clubs for a considerable sum. We had Lindsay and I am sure one day soon, Fitzpatrick. Do Hamilton still have a youth system that is producing players?

For me Hamilton are a yo-yo club, just like a whole bunch of clubs in Scotland. Not a benchmark.

Hamilton aren’t far off the template with what we should be doing , still producing players Mikey Devlin , Greg Docherty , Lewis Ferguson, Eamonn Brophy , not to mention the more high profile ones like McCarthur , McCarthy , Easton and Stephen Hendrie who all were sold for decent money.

We’ve produced one player in Liam Lindsey who we received a transfer fee for ( 350k )

Penrice and Fitzpatrick might in time be fruitful for Partick Thistle .

Think we’ve got to make a choice whether we actually utilise the Academy to its potential or being harsh just scrap it as we’re only given it token attention.

Having nephews who have played for both PTFC and Hamilton , and are now all at Hamilton the set ups at both clubs are like night and day in terms of organisation etc . and offer a better chance if they want to make it in the game .

With our resources and fan base we should be doing much better in coaching young players and giving them a chance .

Think the benchmark should be somewhere inbetween   Hamilton and Motherwell as to what can be achieved with youth development .

jls army.

I couldn't agree with you more.

It just seems ludicrous that we don't have the facilities for child and youth development. Nor transition to our youth teams and our reserve teams and perhaps first teams. That was what Kirky was supposed to give us?

I want to believe in that model. I believe Colin Weir will ante up the money, but even a hero like that, who is buying facilities for us, must query the progress from the bottom to the top?

A year or two ago, there was an idea about how this club could progress.

The ideas that were put in place then, have been severely damaged.

It is more than a tad, sad.

4 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

You clearly have your own agenda- so crack on. Just don't expect everyone else to join your crusade.

1 hour ago, Emsca said:

You clearly have your own agenda- so crack on. Just don't expect everyone else to join your crusade.

my agenda is that the Club with its support should be doing far better that it does - added to the bonus of the Weir Money we are going no where fast - not asking anyone to join a Crusade but its a Fans Forum we express opinions - some people agree - some don't 

6 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

my agenda is that the Club with its support should be doing far better that it does - added to the bonus of the Weir Money we are going no where fast - not asking anyone to join a Crusade but its a Fans Forum we express opinions - some people agree - some don't 

And some people make stuff up.

9 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Yes I recall you have mentioned that a few times.

Hello Jags Fans,

Earlier this week I started this thread after reading our Chairman was writing or as I was corrected giving an interview to a newspaper rather than communicating with the "fantastic" Jags fans that have "been to all the matches at home and away" on the clubs media platforms, Jagzone or Twitter.

After yesterdays fiasco , I can accept the manager decides who he wants in the squad and will live or die by his decisions, however I get back to my earlier concern, I believe the Manager is now going to let us know,  all we need to know about Doolan's departure and much more in tomorrows Herald.

What about the fans that pay £5.99 per month for Jagszone, do they not deserve some priority when news stories are breaking.

I have today cancelled my Jagzone subscription as there appears to be no point in paying £5.99 per month for nothing, Interviews are so stage managed that no difficult questions are asked  and no answers given. The Highlights have become a joke when you look at other clubs highlights eg Alloa.

I have been a Jags fan for over 50 years and I will be buying my season ticket, I love the club but major changes are required from the Boardroom down. 

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:48 PM, gerrybritton9 said:

Oh this is all so negative.

Football is entertainment. You make it sound like purgatory 

Purgatory would be an improvement on the last two seasons .

Some aspects have been entertaining I admit ... there was the moving dugouts, the SAS stunt, the white envelopes … entertained plenty on Pie & Bovril.