Jacqui Low

There’s no question we have went into reverse under her leadership, and no question that the levels of vacuous bullshit emanating from the club has increased exponentially since she took over. 

But ultimately she is Colin Weir’s representative (and has no shares of her own, as far as I know?) and for as long as our financial strategy is asking him to write a cheque every year then she will continue to be our Chair. It’s really that depressingly simple. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

There’s no question we have went into reverse under her leadership, and no question that the levels of vacuous bullshit emanating from the club has increased exponentially since she took over. 

But ultimately she is Colin Weir’s representative (and has no shares of her own, as far as I know?) and for as long as our financial strategy is asking him to write a cheque every year then she will continue to be our Chair. It’s really that depressingly simple. 

With regard to the financial strategy where is the evidence (not assertions) that Colin Weir funds the day to day operation of the football club?

32 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

With regard to the financial strategy where is the evidence (not assertions) that Colin Weir funds the day to day operation of the football club?

Wait to the next set of accounts come out.  He may not fund it but he balances the books on a monthly basis from what I’ve been told

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Those five years in the Premiership definitely mean that history will be kind to David 'I would welcome Rangers into the First Division' Beattie.

Vacuous bullsh*t is what all of them do best. Remember 'not so cuddly'?

Jacqui's stewardship of the club has been peppered with toe-curling moments of apparent incompetence, but relegation and the training ground fiasco are part of Mr Beattie's legacy, no?

14 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Those five years in the Premiership definitely mean that history will be kind to David 'I would welcome Rangers into the First Division' Beattie.

Jacqui's stewardship of the club has been peppered with toe-curling moments of apparent incompetence, but relegation and the training ground fiasco are part of Mr Beattie's legacy, no?

This isn’t Low v Beattie. You’re absolutely right, mistakes are made under every regime. The fiasco part of the training ground project only seems to have developed this year (along with the ludicrous assertions it would still be ready for June) but totally agree that Beattie should take the blame for that too. Not sure I’d extend blame to him for relegation - relegation from the Premier League happens at clubs like Thistle - but also not seeking to shield him from that either. 

What’s your assessment of how Low is running the club? Happy with things?

Edited by KemoAvdiu

29 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Actually it was me who came up with the “Not So Cuddly” Idea  -and at the time it represented where we were going on the park and off it ..

Her stewardship has been characterised by one PR disaster after another. She seems to be a nice person, but I'm concerned that she may have been promoted beyond her capabilities.

The point I was making in response to your post is that I don't necessarily subscribe to the suggestion that the club has gone backwards under her - we were already on a downward trajectory when she accepted the position.

She's definitely saddled with some legacy issues. You talk about relegation being inevitable for a club like Thistle, but that might have been avoided if David Beattie had made the brave and correct choice to part ways with a club legend. And don't forget, it was Mr Beattie that decided to stick with Archie when we dropped through the trapdoor.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

This isn’t Low v Beattie. You’re absolutely right, mistakes are made under every regime. The fiasco part of the training ground project only seems to have developed this year (along with the ludicrous assertions it would still be ready for June) but totally agree that Beattie should take the blame for that too. Not sure I’d extend blame to him for relegation - relegation from the Premier League happens at clubs like Thistle - but also not seeking to shield him from that either. 

What’s your assessment of how Low is running the club? Happy with things?

7 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Yup. You talked a lot about David Beattie, and briefly mentioned Jacqui Low. Was keen to hear more. 

Beattie had  billy allan and greig brown in the background and lots of others doing the heavy lifting - his main asset was not to let it be his personal ego and make it all about him 

8 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Her stewardship has been characterised by one PR disaster after another. She seems to be a nice person, but I'm concerned that she may have been promoted beyond her capabilities.

The point I was making in response to your post is that I don't necessarily subscribe to the suggestion that the club has gone backwards under her - we were already on a downward trajectory when she accepted the position.

She's definitely saddled with some legacy issues. You talk about relegation being inevitable for a club like Thistle, but that might have been avoided if David Beattie had made the brave and correct choice to part ways with a club legend. And don't forget, it was Mr Beattie that decided to stick with Archie when we dropped through the trapdoor.

All fair points. I do believe the downward spiral has accelerated under her. I don’t think she has the understanding of the club or the fans that is needed in the role, and that’s led to the PR shambles that have repeatedly ensued.

I sense that she thinks football fans are stupid, but people see through the bullshit and that just disconnects/angers them further, especially at a time when the team has underperformed.

Edited by KemoAvdiu

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

You honestly think they’ll let me in, why do you think they want you to apply upfront,.

So they can whittle out all those they know will speak out

Surely Caldwell not going to be given an overview on the accounts though that’s for the board unless they are going to be there

So let’s be clear.

We have DP, Javeajag and maybe one other fanboi (TL) holding out tonight against the tsunami unleashed against  Caldwell’s decision to bin Dools.

I’ve had so much shit here for doubting Caldwell from the start; but I’m now in the majority on here.

Our club deserve better than this. Wake up and smell the coffee lads.

Edited by sandy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

All fair points. I do believe the downward spiral has accelerated under her. I don’t think she has the understanding of the club or the fans that is needed in the role, and that’s led to the PR shambles that have repeatedly ensued.

I sense that she thinks football fans are stupid, but people see through the bullshit and that just disconnects/angers them further, especially at a time when the team has underperformed. I think there’s also an egotism in evidence sometimes that, for me at least, I find hugely grating.

I believe the clock is ticking on Jacqui Low, the Gary Caldwell appointment, the spin on the training ground which I believe will never happen , the disconnect between the fans and the Club , the lack of progress within the Academy and yesterday’s PR disaster regarding Doolans departure from the Club after 10 yrs .

After the furore of what happened yesterday, we’ve heard absolutely nothing from her , which I find worrying especially as they are going to have to spin more nonsense to sell season tickets 

We need a strong Chairwoman/man to steer our Club in the right direction with vision and integrity and this vision should be conveyed onto our chief executive and the manager, if they don’t adhere to the Boards decisions then they get replaced with people who can help us progress.

Most worrying thing for me after yesterday’s debacle was Caldwell’s quote as wanting to go in a different direction, a strong Board would to tell Caldwell or any other manager what direction they want to progress in whether that’s youth development or signings players in their early 20s to coach and progress and hopefully get a transfer fee for .

Surely a strong board should be saying what value do we get from a guy like Kenny Miller maybe picking up £70/80 k for the next 2 years and when that contract finishes the player will be 41 and at the end of his career. 

I think Caldwell has his own agenda , quick fix then he’ll move on if he can to pastures new .

It appears Jacqui Low isn’t strong enough to deal with a manager with the arrogance and ego of Caldwell and obviously hasn’t given him any parameters as to transfers etc Gary Harkins contract being sanctioned as a prime example for a guy whose best days are behind him.

Sorry Jacqui, I believe you are totally out your depth .

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sandy said:

So let’s be clear.

We have DP, Javeajag and maybe one other fanboi (TL) holding out tonight against the tsunami unleashed against  Caldwell’s decision to bin Dools.

I’ve had so much shit here for doubting Caldwell from the start; but I’m now in the majority on here.

Our club deserve better than this. Wake up and smell the coffee lads.

I feel a little miffed that you missed me off the "fanboi" list.

My concern is about Finances - I honestly just dont see how they stack up - the promotion year we were running the Club with couple of staff - Volunteers in the Summer -Volunteers on Matchday - Volunteers on most aspects of the Club - Scott Mckenzie was part time - now we have doubled that in paid staff ( or more ) plus various Directors were chipping in paying staff wages -and we STILL struggled but managed just 

So where is all the money coming from - where is the experienced business people with good contacts on the Board ?  

• Like 1