Jacqui Low

3 hours ago, KemoAvdiu said:

There’s no question we have went into reverse under her leadership, and no question that the levels of vacuous bullshit emanating from the club has increased exponentially since she took over. 

But ultimately she is Colin Weir’s representative (and has no shares of her own, as far as I know?) and for as long as our financial strategy is asking him to write a cheque every year then she will continue to be our Chair. It’s really that depressingly simple. 

I would rather live within our means, be sustainable in our own right, and be proud of our club and their conduct than have the weirs money and not. 

15 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

My concern is about Finances - I honestly just dont see how they stack up - the promotion year we were running the Club with couple of staff - Volunteers in the Summer -Volunteers on Matchday - Volunteers on most aspects of the Club - Scott Mckenzie was part time - now we have doubled that in paid staff ( or more ) plus various Directors were chipping in paying staff wages -and we STILL struggled but managed just 

So where is all the money coming from - where is the experienced business people with good contacts on the Board ?  

Absolutely this

25 minutes ago, sandy said:

So let’s be clear.

We have DP, Javeajag and maybe one other fanboi (TL) holding out tonight against the tsunami unleashed against  Caldwell’s decision to bin Dools.

I’ve had so much shit here for doubting Caldwell from the start; but I’m now in the majority on here.

Our club deserve better than this. Wake up and smell the coffee lads.

Made plenty of criticisms of Caldwell  just nowhere near the same level you have :thumbsup2: and a lot of the criticisms you got you deserved in my opinion 

i have already made my thanks to Doolan on the other thread 

was poorly handled the way Kris was treated however that was the club as a whole not just the manager, such as twitter etc

Your not interested in next season which is entirely your choice but I am interested to see who he brings in which is entirely my choice 

For a club our size, with our fan base and our resources the biggest asset a manager at Thistle can get is time.

To get that he needs to engage, he needs to be honest, humble when needed and understand the Thistle mentality. Plus livebreath and contribute to the club.

This also goes for the board.

We have a manager who doesn’t engage, doesn’t hang about for sponsor nights or POTY, is arrogant, and has no idea of the basic ethics that makes this club different from the corporations of the OF. Doesn’t even live in the flat provided for him but commutes to Manchester, that’s not a commitment or sacrifice.

We have a board who fail to communicate but when they do it’s spin, personal message people on FB, Twitter or Whattsap to cuddle up and try to break any discontent with BS (I’ve seen the messages), break promises, have put less financially into the club than any ST holder or regular fan, and basically treat the fans as a number a pay check that’ll keep paying.

Beattie May have had his faults but he ran the club in profit whilst also paying (along with every other board member) an annual fee, our board has us running at a loss, earning a wage and paying in zero in shares or annual fees.

This is the greatest distance of disconnect I have seen between board and fans since Ken Bates was here.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

For a club our size, with our fan base and our resources the biggest asset a manager at Thistle can get is time.

To get that he needs to engage, he needs to be honest, humble when needed and understand the Thistle mentality. Plus livebreath and contribute to the club.

We have a manager who doesn’t engage, doesn’t hang about for sponsor nights or POTY, is arrogant, and has no idea of the basic ethics that makes this club different from the corporations of the OF. Doesn’t even live in the flat provided for him but commutes to Manchester, that’s not a commitment or sacrifice.

We have a board who fail to communicate but when they do it’s spin, personal message people on FB, Twitter or Whattsap to cuddle up and try to break any discontent with BS (I’ve seen the messages), break promises, have put less financially into the club than any ST holder or regular fan, and basically treat the fans as a number a pay check that’ll keep paying.

Beattie May have had his faults but he ran the club in profit whilst also paying (along with every other board member) an annual fee, our board has us running at a loss, earning a wage and paying in zero in shares or annual fees.

This is the greatest distance of disconnect I have seen between board and fans since Ken Bates was here.

Absolutely Norge.

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

Maybe follow your own advice and chill a bit instead of worrying about spelling 

Thanks for your concern, grammar is important when a poster continues to make false assumptions about a fellow fan. Call it pedantic if you wish, it gets your attention,

Just now, Third Lanark said:

No worse than you or Woodstock jag 

Au contraire, you have been howling at the moon. Obsessively. But I’m glad you have the self-awareness to reflect, learn and move on. 

We are all Jags fans who want the best for our Club. NO fan wants us to lose games. 

2 minutes ago, sandy said:

Au contraire, you have been howling at the moon. Obsessively. But I’m glad you have the self-awareness to reflect, learn and move on. 

We are all Jags fans who want the best for our Club. NO fan wants us to lose games. 

To be fair you have been equally howling the last 6 months or so :happy2:

3 hours ago, Dark Passenger said:

Those five years in the Premiership definitely mean that history will be kind to David 'I would welcome Rangers into the First Division' Beattie.

Vacuous bullsh*t is what all of them do best. Remember 'not so cuddly'?

Jacqui's stewardship of the club has been peppered with toe-curling moments of apparent incompetence, but relegation and the training ground fiasco are part of Mr Beattie's legacy, no?

This is true. On a parallel vein Britton also takes a lot of stick. Whatever the validity of criticism regarding Low & Britton it's often forgotten that it was Beattie & Maxwell who could've sacked Archie directly after the play offs. By not doing so (whether right or wrong at the time) they effectively ensured Archie would be manager at the beginning of the season just past. 

No way am I saying that Low & Britton are innocent bystanders. Far from it but they were delivered a far from smooth handing over of the baton from Messrs Beattie & Maxwell. 

• Like 1

Just now, lady-isobel-barnett said:

This is true. On a parallel vein Britton also takes a lot of stick. Whatever the validity of criticism regarding Low & Britton it's often forgotten that it was Beattie & Maxwell who could've sacked Archie directly after the play offs. By not doing so (whether right or wrong at the time) they effectively ensured Archie would be manager at the beginning of the season just past. 

No way am I saying that Low & Britton are innocent bystanders. Far from it but they were delivered a far from smooth handing over of the baton from Messrs Beattie & Maxwell. 

Maxwell seemed to be a bit remiss with the relegation clauses in contracts 

• Like 1

I thought I would stay off the forum for 24 hours. Let things calm down. Their are some well thought out points interspersed with the angry mob and self obsessed. Life moves on. I'm not sure where the club is heading but do you know what in my many years of supporting PTFC that remains unchanged. It's part of our culture of uncertainty. It's why we are not the OF.  Thankfully

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sandy said:

So let’s be clear.

We have DP, Javeajag and maybe one other fanboi (TL) holding out tonight against the tsunami unleashed against  Caldwell’s decision to bin Dools.

I’ve had so much shit here for doubting Caldwell from the start; but I’m now in the majority on here.

Our club deserve better than this. Wake up and smell the coffee lads.

To me it's more likely we have two diametrically opposed sides, sniping at each other and both believing the other is completely wrong. Then, on the sidelines, there is probably the vast majority of fans who hold a more reasoned view and are willing to take the positives from the way the team progressed in the last few games since the January window. Caldwell is definately not our messiah but conversly, neither is he the devil incarnate.

Doolan is a club legend but many think his time as our leading striker was up but are disappointed in the way the announcement was made. Handling of the media maybe could be improved but this does not amount to gross incompetance throughout the whole business organisation of the club.

Maybe Caldwell will show himself up as poor manager at the event next Wednesday. On the other hand he may have a genuine and positive vision of the way forward for Partick Thistle. I guess there are a few on here are not going to give him the chance either way.

No doubt I'm going to be considered a "fanboi" (wtf does that mean anyway?) for this but I believe this club needs a new way forward and am willing to give Caldwell's "new direction" a chance to prove itself and not shout it down before I even know what it is.

Edited by scotty
replaced a word I think I made up
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, scotty said:

To me it's more likely we have two diametrically opposed sides, sniping at each other and both believing the other is completely wrong. Then, on the sidelines, there is probably the vast majority of fans who hold a more reasoned view and are willing to take the positives from the way the team progressed in the last few games since the January window. Caldwell is definately not our messiah but conversly, neither is he the devil incarnate.

Doolan is a club legend but many think his time as our leading striker was up but are disappointed in the way the announcement was made. Handling of the media maybe could be improved but this does not amount to gross mis-competance throughout the whole business organisation of the club.

Maybe Caldwell will show himself up as poor manager at the event next Wednesday. On the other hand he may have a genuine and positive vision of the way forward for Partick Thistle. I guess there are a few on here are not going to give him the chance either way.

No doubt I'm going to be considered a "fanboi" (wtf does that mean anyway?) for this but I believe this club needs a new way forward and am willing to give Caldwell's "new direction" a chance to prove itself and not shout it down before I even know what it is.

Absolutely correct.....I think most fans are pretty neutral on Caldwell - I am - and will judge him on results on the first part of next season 

8 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Disconnect is the most dangerous thing for a football club. 

I might argue with javeajag or others but thats because I care. And he cares too I am absolutely sure. Both perhaps too much but god we need people  who care!

When people don’t care anymore, that’s when you have a problem. 

This boards disconnect is making more and more people not care IMO   

Some May say that makes them lesser fans  I don’t think so  it’s the responsibility of the club to keep us connected to the club  Some at the club now are never going to achieve that and I feel sorry for Ross in particular that he may be judged on the actions of others  

Finally - the horrible I’m a better fan than you thing is being perpetuated by our chairs private messages to some people (I have also seen some of them Norge). As a subscriber to a premium service for club news, when the primary news source becomes things the chair had told one fan in a private message on Twitter, or Norge, you yourself, then whatis the point and where’s the value in that service. It’s being undermined from the top. 

Edited by jaf

Can we just keep the facts correct? When we start talking about finances I worry that people start putting in the wrong info as my main concern is the club is run correctly and sustainably.

The Weirs in my understanding do not fund the club day to day. 

They cancelled the debt and instead of taking shares gave it to a supporters trust.  

They fund Weir Academy.  Hopefully to unearth some gems but also to foster links with kids, improve the clubs identity and give something back to the community.  It's funded separately from the club.

The proposed training ground is really a donation and then the club pay a fee for use to help maintenance etc.

It's all great stuff but it's no Gretna or even Ross County set up.

1 hour ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Can we just keep the facts correct? When we start talking about finances I worry that people start putting in the wrong info as my main concern is the club is run correctly and sustainably.

The Weirs in my understanding do not fund the club day to day. 

They cancelled the debt and instead of taking shares gave it to a supporters trust.  

They fund Weir Academy.  Hopefully to unearth some gems but also to foster links with kids, improve the clubs identity and give something back to the community.  It's funded separately from the club.

The proposed training ground is really a donation and then the club pay a fee for use to help maintenance etc.

It's all great stuff but it's no Gretna or even Ross County set up.

“ to your understanding” how do you know your version is correct and other posters are wrong ? 

Whats your interpretation based on ?

How do you know the level of funding we are getting from the Weirs ? 

Bottom line is you dont -so your post is no more factual than fans who believe the alternative 

Lambies Lost Doo's statement chimes with what the club has stated over the last few years about what the  Weirs have contributed to the club.  Reported on the OS and in the newspapers.  I'm surprised you're challenging him as I'd have thought you'd be aware of it.  If you have other info please share.  BTW it also chimes with what the Weirs did with other (smaller) clubs financing things like ground improvements but not giving money to run admin or buy players.  That seems to be they way they liked to do things.  (Past tense because they've unfortunately split up now).

Just now, Mr Bunny said:

Lambies Lost Doo's statement chimes with what the club has stated over the last few years about what the  Weirs have contributed to the club.  Reported on the OS and in the newspapers.  I'm surprised you're challenging him as I'd have thought you'd be aware of it.  If you have other info please share.  BTW it also chimes with what the Weirs did with other (smaller) clubs financing things like ground improvements but not giving money to run admin or buy players.  That seems to be they way they liked to do things.  (Past tense because they've unfortunately split up now).

So what you’re saying is that club statements are to be taken entirely as fact and no other possibilities may exist that they aren’t telling the full picture? I admire your trust.