Jacqui Low

8 minutes ago, Emsca said:

Thanks CJ and sorry for the naivety of my question.

For clarity, I did not say it should not be of concern to the ordinary fan. I was merely trying to point out that although it has not been made common knowledge when Colin Weir subsidises the club and by how much each time ( although I am sure a forensic examination of the annual accounts would reveal this or at least give a reasonable guide) ,someone on the Board will (should) be up to speed with these figures.

Whilst I agree that the Board should be held to account by the fans ( as they are only custodians of our Club), I do not think it is helpful or necessary for the Board to have to get the explicit agreement of the fans to every decision they make or to explain and make public information which is sensitive or which a benefactor has requested be kept private. In my experience "Committees " are not good at making clear concise decisions. You only need to look at the diverse range of opinions on this Forum to realise that it would be impossible to get  unanimity from the fans on certain decisions......................... which is why we have a Board of Directors. 

I totally agree that if things " don't seem right" the fans have a moral responsibility to question the Board and if necessary demand that they be replaced.

I just get the distinct impression that certain contributors to this Forum are agitating for the removal of the current Board not  just  because things " don't seem right" .

I will leave it at that.

Good post and I agree with most of what you say , one of the aims of the Jags Trusts should be to bridge the gap between the them and us scenarios , whether that’s fans represention on the Board followed by minutes of meetings they have had which should appear online .

Any ambiguity would immediately be wiped out , recent examples would be remit of the manager , how do we handle Kris Doolans departure from our Club , financial constraints etc

The Trusts get drip fed information and that’s why supporters end up with stories that grow arms and legs .

Communication is the key in my opinion

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Good post and I agree with most of what you say , one of the aims of the Jags Trusts should be to bridge the gap between the them and us scenarios , whether that’s fans represention on the Board followed by minutes of meetings they have had which should appear online .

Any ambiguity would immediately be wiped out , recent examples would be remit of the manager , how do we handle Kris Doolans departure from our Club , financial constraints etc

The Trusts get drip fed information and that’s why supporters end up with stories that grow arms and legs .

I think the majority of the forum can agree that communication needs to improve within the club to help improve the relationship between the fans >>> the two fans associations [I might be wrong here, but there seems to be a complete disconnect between the majority of PTFC fans and the PTFC fans associations (including the questions … are there two associations?, and, if so, why are there two?)] >>> and the BoD of the club.

Just a question that came to mind after I read this piece by the stand-up comic Ray Bradshaw:- https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-championship/partick-thistle-fan-ray-bradshaw-16257004 

Although the piece is mainly about the way the club has mishandled the Kris Dollan sacking, am I alone in being in the dark about Coulibaly suffering a leg break last year?   I totally missed that piece of news. In the piece Ray Bradbury highlights the fact that J.Low advertises herself as a PR expert so, I copied and pasted a part of J. Low's CV [taken from the club webpages]  I have underlined the statements I think are pertinent to her performance these last few months:-

Jacqui Low is a communications professional with more than 30 years’ experience in media, business, politics and government. Jacqui has been involved in many high profile situations in Scotland throughout her career, including Lockerbie and Dunblane, and now privately advises institutions and individuals on managing business issues and crises as part of her role as Executive Chairman of Indigo, an award-winning and respected communications company managing the reputations of organisations

To my mind J.Low is either not taking a full part in the public relations of PTFC, or her CV contains some unwarranted 'exaggerations' ?

3 hours ago, jaf said:

I see over on Twitter, the most predictable post of all time was made last night. 

We are all sexist if we dare to criticise ms low is the message her friends are sharing. 

I’ve just seen that myself, it almost seems orchestrated. Good to see Thistle fans, both male & female calling it out for being nonsense 

3 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

I think the majority of the forum can agree that communication needs to improve within the club to help improve the relationship between the fans >>> the two fans associations [I might be wrong here, but there seems to be a complete disconnect between the majority of PTFC fans and the PTFC fans associations (including the questions … are there two associations?, and, if so, why are there two?)] >>> and the BoD of the club.

Just a question that came to mind after I read this piece by the stand-up comic Ray Bradshaw:- https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-championship/partick-thistle-fan-ray-bradshaw-16257004 

Although the piece is mainly about the way the club has mishandled the Kris Dollan sacking, am I alone in being in the dark about Coulibaly suffering a leg break last year?   I totally missed that piece of news. In the piece Ray Bradbury highlights the fact that J.Low advertises herself as a PR expert so, I copied and pasted a part of J. Low's CV [taken from the club webpages]  I have underlined the statements I think are pertinent to her performance these last few months:-

Jacqui Low is a communications professional with more than 30 years’ experience in media, business, politics and government. Jacqui has been involved in many high profile situations in Scotland throughout her career, including Lockerbie and Dunblane, and now privately advises institutions and individuals on managing business issues and crises as part of her role as Executive Chairman of Indigo, an award-winning and respected communications company managing the reputations of organisations

To my mind J.Low is either not taking a full part in the public relations of PTFC, or her CV contains some unwarranted 'exaggerations' ?

Maybe she's so good and so  much in demand from her other commitments that she can't spare the time to communicate regularly as promised with us. 

3 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

I think that Ray Bradbury was the author of the science fiction novel Fahrenheit 451, which sounds like a suitably defensive Gary Caldwell formation.

Edited by partickthedog
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

I think this is the nub of the problem. There has to be fans representation on the Board and that representation  has to be independent, answerable  and accessible to the fans. 

Agree entirely Emsca.  Unless we make use of the two trusts its all just blather on the forum, and what we present to the sceptical observer is a divided fan base.  We have to make use of the shareholding that the Weirs deliberately set up with the creation of teh PTFC Trust to add to the other trust's shareholding that gives us over 26% of the shares. 

To do that three things have to happen.  First, fans have to become much more active within the two trusts.  Second, the two trusts have to combine, formally or informally, and speak with one voice.  Third, clear messages have to be sent to the Board that elicit quick and meaningful replies.

Unless all this happens, we are just pissing into the wind.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

Agree entirely Emsca.  Unless we make use of the two trusts its all just blather on the forum, and what we present to the sceptical observer is a divided fan base.  We have to make use of the shareholding that the Weirs deliberately set up with the creation of teh PTFC Trust to add to the other trust's shareholding that gives us over 26% of the shares. 

To do that three things have to happen.  First, fans have to become much more active within the two trusts.  Second, the two trusts have to combine, formally or informally, and speak with one voice.  Third, clear messages have to be sent to the Board that elicit quick and meaningful replies.

Bang on.  

And what a good aspiration to have for ourselves and our club, surely no-one (even on this forum!) could disagree  

11 hours ago, eljaggo said:

Now there is a big problem with this and this is the current Trust (Not The Jags Trust, the new Trust) seem invisible, last update was January on both official website, Facebook  and Twitter(except retweeting match info). No updates are coming up, nothing. Also Lowe is on this Trust so it’s not really for the fans it’s controlled by the board.

The other Trust I’ve no idea what they do either 

10 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Now there is a big problem with this and this is the current Trust (Not The Jags Trust, the new Trust) seem invisible, last update was January on both official website, Facebook  and Twitter(except retweeting match info). No updates are coming up, nothing. Also Lowe is on this Trust so it’s not really for the fans it’s controlled by the board.

Agreed, they have been noticeable by their absence. The shares held by both committees outnumber those on the actual BoD. For all the all the arguments on here we'll not get any improvement as things stand.

The thing is these positions are run by volunteers and I doubt many have the time or necessary expertise to step into their shoes.

I'm still waiting to get my membership for the PTFC Trust.

2 hours ago, jagfox said:

Agreed, they have been noticeable by their absence. The shares held by both committees outnumber those on the actual BoD. For all the all the arguments on here we'll not get any improvement as things stand.

The thing is these positions are run by volunteers and I doubt many have the time or necessary expertise to step into their shoes.

I'm still waiting to get my membership for the PTFC Trust.

I fully understand that it’s manned (from a fans point) by volunteers who will have other commitments, I can’t remember how the Trust board was selected, was there an election, ballot or were they selected?

3 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

I’ve posted (probably very boringly) in the past about this. Hate to criticise volunteers but it’s got to the point where the (new) Trust is entirely invisible and it needs calling out.

What do they do? What are they doing?  Why aren’t they trying to engage with the wider fan base? What is even the point? 

Edited by KemoAvdiu

22 hours ago, KemoAvdiu said:

I’ve posted (probably very boringly) in the past about this. Hate to criticise volunteers but it’s got to the point where the (new) Trust is entirely invisible and it needs calling out.

What do they do? What are they doing?  Why aren’t they trying to engage with the wider fan base? What is even the point? 

Sadly there is no point if they don’t even reply to emails. Like the Jags Trust, it’s a deid duck already.