Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Prince of Partick

Jacqui Low

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, gerrybritton9 said:

I’m going to have to leave. I don’t recognise any of this.

 

 

Of course not - its all wonderful and the Accies arent really doing what we should be doing ( or Killie for that matter )  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Fair enough - you accept low standards  then thats exactly  what you get - if  calling out low standards us being negative then thats fair enough 

Slightly arrogant to position yourself as the arbiter of standards .....we ended up this season where i said we would in August .....my expectation is that we are at least in the playoffs next season ....that’s realism 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should just add to my point about Club communication, that I follow county cricket, and both Durham and Somerset (and other counties too) send emails to those who have bought tickets or who are members.  Somerset made the quarter finals of the Royal London One Day Cup this evening, and already I have had an email giving details of tickets for sale and how to purchase them.

Why can't Thistle ask fans to sign up to receive such information?  It would then be so simple to keep fans up to date, and make them feel involved and important to the Club.  It would also make it easier to sell tickets and merchandise.

The Club is amateurish in many ways that would be easy to rectify.  The Board have stated that every director is responsible for a specific aspect of the Club.  Which director is responsible for communications?

Edited by eljaggo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, javeajag said:

Slightly arrogant to position yourself as the arbiter of standards .....we ended up this season where i said we would in August .....my expectation is that we are at least in the playoffs next season ....that’s realism 

Well if you measure yourself against Hamilton Accies who are a far smaller Club - we are failing - we used to see Killie as a comparable Club or St J - but now its Alloa & Morton - so by any reasonable measure we are failing - there is no reason on any level where we should not be competing with St J - Accies or Killie - apart from how the Club is run - the thread is about Communications - lots of big Newspaper Interviews last week & this week - bottom line is - we have yet to see anything tangible delivered -and the Club going backwards over the last couple of Seasons -my expectation is we are safely in the top 4 Xmas - if not -those in charge have to go ... its last chance saloon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Communication has been poor this season, and paid content in Jagszone has seriously dropped compared to last season, even twitter updates at reserve games is almost none now.

The club initiated a paid format which is no longer worth the money regardless of the excellent commentary by Michael Max, even half time interviews have disappeared with them being replaced with George Francis on an almost weekly basis, yes it would be good to hear from him from time to time, but I’d rather hear from players during the match.

For Jagszone to survive it needs radically improved, from content to the way games are filmed  it’s massively dropped off this season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, javeajag said:

Slightly arrogant to position yourself as the arbiter of standards .....we ended up this season where i said we would in August .....my expectation is that we are at least in the playoffs next season ....that’s realism 

So ironically we have met YOUR standard!

I agree with JJ, surviving in Tier 2 isn’t good enough when the likes of Ayr are playing off to go higher. I want better for Thistle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Well if you measure yourself against Hamilton Accies who are a far smaller Club - we are failing - we used to see Killie as a comparable Club or St J - but now its Alloa & Morton - so by any reasonable measure we are failing - there is no reason on any level where we should not be competing with St J - Accies or Killie - apart from how the Club is run - the thread is about Communications - lots of big Newspaper Interviews last week & this week - bottom line is - we have yet to see anything tangible delivered -and the Club going backwards over the last couple of Seasons -my expectation is we are safely in the top 4 Xmas - if not -those in charge have to go ... its last chance saloon 

Your doing it again !  YOU have decided who we used to measure ourselves against Eg Killie and now it’s alloa....who decided that ? 

We should be able to do better And there is no reason we can’t 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, sandy said:

So ironically we have met YOUR standard!

I agree with JJ, surviving in Tier 2 isn’t good enough when the likes of Ayr are playing off to go higher. I want better for Thistle. 

Sadly in your and JJs case two negatives don’t make a positive 

the second tier isn’t good enough and we all want better for Thistle .....but you’ll never admit keeping Archie long  past his sell by date is the primary cause of why we are here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok - So how would you describe going from top six -to dodging the Relegation Playoffs to the Third Tier of Scottish Football in successive Seasons  ? What other Club as done this recently - Im just being realistic - not negative - so far the Chairman has yet to deliver - On the Park - Training Ground - Promised regular Communications ?- As Ive said talking is easy - delivering is the hard bit - so they have a New Season - I expect to see delivery - GC finished mid table earns him another go - Juries still out on him & the Board   

Our benchmark is the Accies - how are we comparing do you think ? 

Just out of interest why are Accies the benchmark. Why not Dundee Utd, Dunfermline,Falkirk, or any other club of similar size and age ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure “she’s my pal and she messages me on Twitter” is much of a defence against so many areas being sub-par. Putting aside the management decision (although I’d still argue Caldwell is the wrong man and Low’s decision to appoint him was the wrong one. but no point rehashing that argument), to me the biggest trend under the current Chair has been one of vacuous public statements that haven’t been backed up in reality.

The two standout examples this year have been the insistence that promotion was still the aim when literally everyone knew that was nonsense, and also the promises around fan communication and doing things differently which have been supported by, well, nothing. Replying to sycophantic fans on Twitter isn’t fan communication. 

I’m no accountant, but I also have concerns about a financial strategy that appears to amount to asking Colin Weir for a cheque every year. That isn’t sustainable and it isn’t sound financial management. It’s risky reliance on the goodwill of one man.

There’s no point over-personalising any of this. But if we are conducting an end of season review then, for me, the Chair (and by extension the board) is not getting pass marks.

Edited by KemoAvdiu
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sincerely hope the club day to day expenses are not dependant on handouts from Colin Weir. Money coming into the club by benefactors opening their wallets should be classed as special case and treated as such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Totally agree with you TB , would rather build a sustainable Club with the emphasis on coaching young players and giving them a pathway to the first team . We could throw money at this and possibly get a play off place next year , possibly get promotion and get relegated the year after.

If it was out in the open to supporters that was our template for the future then I think supporters would buy into that , providing there is progress along the way .

 

Exactly jls. I suspect that many fans if asked would be desperado to get back up and I get that. But as you say the danger of a quick return by throwing money at short term impact signings can go very wrong with a quick relegation. And many years of living in the wilderness, DU are a great example of this.

Long term, we need the academy to produce even just one player a season and that  with just a few signings helps with continuity.

I firmly believe that if we'd had a purpose build training facility when we got promoted we would still be in the premier and by our standards would be prospering. There's great potential in the next few seasons to cement ourselves in the game like st johnstone have. For some reason I'm feeling really positive just now.

Edited by Thistleberight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Completely agree, I would rather see us field young Scottish talent working together with some older, wiser and grey haired player [the likes of McDonald] and playing some free flowing games at Championship level for a couple of years, rather than the 'dog eat dog' wars of attrition that the SPL can give us … but can we afford to be away from home crowds of 7500+ that the Premier League gives us for a long period of time?

I'm feeling more optimistic about our fortunes than I was 12 months ago, so GC must be doing something right.

Yep, me too. Can't understand why I feel like this given the drivel I was posting barely a few weeks ago, must be the heady feeling of relief.

We showed in the promotion season how to get big crowds. The crowds then were bigger than we got in the premier. The average was artificial cos of the ugly sisters. If Caldwell has a winning team on the park with a reputation for excitement the fans will come. It happened under McNamara and AA. It will happen again. The championship is way more exciting for a club our size but we really need to be playing in the top league and with a long term plan can get up there and stay there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok - So how would you describe going from top six -to dodging the Relegation Playoffs to the Third Tier of Scottish Football in successive Seasons  ? What other Club as done this recently - Im just being realistic - not negative - so far the Chairman has yet to deliver - On the Park - Training Ground - Promised regular Communications ?- As Ive said talking is easy - delivering is the hard bit - so they have a New Season - I expect to see delivery - GC finished mid table earns him another go - Juries still out on him & the Board   

Our benchmark is the Accies - how are we comparing do you think ? 

You had me interested the last few posts until you said accies is the benchmark. Clearly you are all about status and not watching entertaining football. 

You are completely bonkers and know nothing about football if you want to be like accies. Their style of football is boring, they are run by questionable people and methods. I'd rather have what we have than sell our soul to become a soulless club. Bonkers, you really do come up with some stonkingly bad posts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sandy said:

So ironically we have met YOUR standard!

I agree with JJ, surviving in Tier 2 isn’t good enough when the likes of Ayr are playing off to go higher. I want better for Thistle. 

Rome wasn't built in a day sandy. Keep believing..........until Christmas at least.

New season, new start?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

You had me interested the last few posts until you said accies is the benchmark. Clearly you are all about status and not watching entertaining football. 

You are completely bonkers and know nothing about football if you want to be like accies. Their style of football is boring, they are run by questionable people and methods. I'd rather have what we have than sell our soul to become a soulless club. Bonkers, you really do come up with some stonkingly bad posts

The Accies are our Benchmark because they run a sustainable Club with half our Support 

Are consistently in the Premier Division 

Produce young players which they get a large revenue stream from 

I dont think following that strategy is bonkers 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

Just out of interest why are Accies the benchmark. Why not Dundee Utd, Dunfermline,Falkirk, or any other club of similar size and age ?

 Because the Accies with limited resources consistantly  stay in the Premier Division - run a sustainable business model and produce players who they sell on for large returns 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Well if you measure yourself against Hamilton Accies who are a far smaller Club - we are failing - we used to see Killie as a comparable Club or St J - but now its Alloa & Morton - so by any reasonable measure we are failing - there is no reason on any level where we should not be competing with St J - Accies or Killie - apart from how the Club is run.

We've been failing for years if that's the case. 

St Johnstone and Inverness won the Scottish Cup while Archie was manager and David Beattie was Chairman. Falkirk reached the final. 

St Mirren and Ross County won the league cup in the same period. Inverness played in a final. St Johnstone and Morton got to Hampden. 

Did you call for the manager and Chairman's heads then?

And its true to say that Hamilton have an excellent academy set up that we should be striving to replicate - but they're very much the exception and not the rule. But let's draw the line there, because I'm not sure you can hold up a club that fell for a £1 million fraud as a beacon of best business practice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok - So how would you describe going from top six -to dodging the Relegation Playoffs to the Third Tier of Scottish Football in successive Seasons  ? What other Club as done this recently -

In answer to the specific question, St. Mirren did this two years ago (avoiding the play-off on goal difference). They then won the Championship last year.  Things can change around quickly.

Edited to say: I've just appreciated that you say "from top 6" which St. Mirren never achieved. However, they did when the League cup in the season immediately preceding their relegation, which is a comparable achievement.

Edited by Duke Gekantawa
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

You had me interested the last few posts until you said accies is the benchmark. Clearly you are all about status and not watching entertaining football. 

You are completely bonkers and know nothing about football if you want to be like accies. Their style of football is boring, they are run by questionable people and methods. I'd rather have what we have than sell our soul to become a soulless club. Bonkers, you really do come up with some stonkingly bad posts

Have you been watching Gary Caldwell’s team all season.

Not sure that’s entertaining attacking football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

We've been failing for years if that's the case. 

St Johnstone and Inverness won the Scottish Cup while Archie was manager and David Beattie was Chairman. Falkirk reached the final. 

St Mirren and Ross County won the league cup in the same period. Inverness played in a final. St Johnstone and Morton got to Hampden. 

Did you call for the manager and Chairman's heads then?

And its true to say that Hamilton have an excellent academy set up that we should be striving to replicate - but they're very much the exception and not the rule. But let's draw the line there, because I'm not sure you can hold up a club that fell for a £1 million fraud as a beacon of best business practice. 

Ultimately, for a club of our size, we've won very little in our history- in terms of "major" trophies: just the two cups. One cup nearly 100 years ago and one cup nearly 50 years ago.  We've also spent a considerable portion of the last 50 years outside the top division. That's a  lot of failed managers and chairmen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok - So how would you describe going from top six -to dodging the Relegation Playoffs to the Third Tier of Scottish Football in successive Seasons ?

That's not possible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, eljaggo said:

I should just add to my point about Club communication, that I follow county cricket, and both Durham and Somerset (and other counties too) send emails to those who have bought tickets or who are members.  Somerset made the quarter finals of the Royal London One Day Cup this evening, and already I have had an email giving details of tickets for sale and how to purchase them.

Why can't Thistle ask fans to sign up to receive such information?  It would then be so simple to keep fans up to date, and make them feel involved and important to the Club.  It would also make it easier to sell tickets and merchandise.

The Club is amateurish in many ways that would be easy to rectify.  The Board have stated that every director is responsible for a specific aspect of the Club.  Which director is responsible for communications?

There is a mailing list you can sign up for:

https://ptfc.co.uk/mailing-list/

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

The Accies are our Benchmark because they run a sustainable Club with half our Support 

Are consistently in the Premier Division 

Produce young players which they get a large revenue stream from 

I dont think following that strategy is bonkers 

 

 

Well funnily enough I do. I do not want to watch accies style of football. Not in a gazillion years. If you aspire to that then you're bonkers. Sterile hoofball? No ta.

If you mean aspire to their league position fine, no arguement there, but if you aspire to their off field shenanigans and on field bore fest...................jog on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

 Because the Accies with limited resources consistantly  stay in the Premier Division - run a sustainable business model and produce players who they sell on for large returns 

Hamilton have been in the Premiership for 5 years, the same as we were. It remains to be seen if they stay in for a 6th. They have had a few players in the past that they were able to sell to English clubs for a considerable sum. We had Lindsay and I am sure one day soon, Fitzpatrick. Do Hamilton still have a youth system that is producing players?

For me Hamilton are a yo-yo club, just like a whole bunch of clubs in Scotland. Not a benchmark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×