Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Prince of Partick

Jacqui Low

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

“ to your understanding” how do you know your version is correct and other posters are wrong ? 

Whats your interpretation based on ?

How do you know the level of funding we are getting from the Weirs ? 

Bottom line is you dont -so your post is no more factual than fans who believe the alternative 

What's your interpretation and Norge's based on? Are people who work for and with the club privately sounding alarm bells?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

So what you’re saying is that club statements are to be taken entirely as fact and no other possibilities may exist that they aren’t telling the full picture? I admire your trust.

Surely there is another way and not just choosing between unquestionably trusting everything the club says and making up "facts" because you don't like what the club is saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, scotty said:

Surely there is another way and not just choosing between unquestionably trusting everything the club says and making up "facts" because you don't like what the club is saying.

I don’t think those people that are posting about Weir’s involvement are making up facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

I don’t think those people that are posting about Weir’s involvement are making up facts.

No, but those who refute what the club and the Weirs have said about their involvement are implying that they know differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, scotty said:

No, but those who refute what the club and the Weirs have said about their involvement are implying that they know differently.

Yes, I guess they are. And I’m inclined to believe they do. You accused them of making up facts - I don’t think that’s the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, scotty said:

No, but those who refute what the club and the Weirs have said about their involvement are implying that they know differently.

Neither the Club nor the Weirs have stated anything as to the level of funding they provide either directly or indirectly - so the bottom line is no one knows 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To the best of my awareness the Club has not *recently* stated that the Weirs do not finance any aspect of day-to-day or extraordinary expenditure.

This was an oft repeated statement around the time they helped wipe the bank debt, but I’ve not heard them say it, for example, since we were relegated, around the time Archie and Paterson were sacked and Caldwell hired, and definitely not around the January transfer window when the Chairman explicitly said additional funds would be made available to the manager to strengthen the squad (and that involved releasing some players from contracts early).

All in the context of parachute payments drying up/having been squandered.

I’m not saying Colin Weir has been lobbing cash into the club’s kitty but it wouldn’t surprise me if he has.

The alternative is the next set of accounts could make some pretty grim reading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dark Passenger said:

What's your interpretation and Norge's based on? Are people who work for and with the club privately sounding alarm bells?

I wasnt aware I had made an interpretation ?

I would say that based on Historical budgets then funding going forward will be challenging- simply based on the normal revenue streams a Club of our size receives- obviously there may be reserves or funding sources that will fill any gaps - bottom line is we dont know either way 

As for people working for the Club sounding alarm bells - I didnt make that statement ?    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a bit strange that the one thing we can seem to get agreement on is that we don't really know :unknw:

It reminds me of an episode of the classic sitcom Yes Minister when Jim Hacker (the minister) believes information is being kept from him by Sir Humphrey (the civil servant).

Hacker: Is there something I don't know Humphrey?

Humphrey: I don't know what you don't know minister.

Sorry for being a boring old fart there but I do miss shows that were funny, clever and did not need to resort to all the vulgarity modern shows seem to revel in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

It is a bit strange that the one thing we can seem to get agreement on is that we don't really know :unknw:

It reminds me of an episode of the classic sitcom Yes Minister when Jim Hacker (the minister) believes information is being kept from him by Sir Humphrey (the civil servant).

Hacker: Is there something I don't know Humphrey?

Humphrey: I don't know what you don't know minister.

Sorry for being a boring old fart there but I do miss shows that were funny, clever and did not need to resort to all the vulgarity modern shows seem to revel in.

Martin - you are 100% correct thats why people shouldnt be making assumptions on our funding - Historically as you know balancing the budget was near impossible - I can see no obvious changes in our various revenue streams - so Its pertinent to ask questions on how we balance the books as this has a major issue for Clubs like Partick Thistle and others of our size 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scotty said:

No, but those who refute what the club and the Weirs have said about their involvement are implying that they know differently.

So we are clear neither the Club nor the Weirs have stated the level of funding that we receive directly or indirectly - so we dont know is the bottom line  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Martin - you are 100% correct thats why people shouldnt be making assumptions on our funding - Historically as you know balancing the budget was near impossible - I can see no obvious changes in our various revenue streams - so Its pertinent to ask questions on how we balance the books as this has a major issue for Clubs like Partick Thistle and others of our size 

Jim, I have just broken out in a cold sweat. Not because you said I was 100% correct (that's a given) but because it brought back the memory of when I was on the Jags Trust Board and attended the club AGM. When asked about the budget Tom Hughes explained he sat down and started off with a loss of £200,000 and worked from there!

Anyway, never mind all these trivial issues I want an answer to the BIG question. Did you ever get that hand drier in the gents toilet outside the Aitken Suite fixed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

“ to your understanding” how do you know your version is correct and other posters are wrong ? 

Whats your interpretation based on ?

How do you know the level of funding we are getting from the Weirs ? 

Bottom line is you dont -so your post is no more factual than fans who believe the alternative 

 

"Alternative facts."  JJ you have done a lot more for the club than me and I welcome your input but stating things with no proof is a classic example of debate these days with social media damaging logic and reason. 

People are arguing about things they think and not know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

I know you howl but what am I?

A tip of the hat to Mogwai, perchance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I wasnt aware I had made an interpretation ?

I would say that based on Historical budgets then funding going forward will be challenging- simply based on the normal revenue streams a Club of our size receives- obviously there may be reserves or funding sources that will fill any gaps - bottom line is we dont know either way 

As for people working for the Club sounding alarm bells - I didnt make that statement ?    

Agreed JJ. Doesn’t take a Maths Professor to deduce that 2018-19 will see us in deficit;  paying 4 managers, splurging cash on random players, attendances down.

Next season could be worse, and really bad if Mr Weir has to tighten his purse strings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

"Alternative facts."  JJ you have done a lot more for the club than me and I welcome your input but stating things with no proof is a classic example of debate these days with social media damaging logic and reason. 

People are arguing about things they think and not know. 

 But your original statement laid out a set of “facts” and you have no way of knowing there accuracy - there my use of the “alternative facts” was to demonstrate that your version of events is no more or less accurate than theirs 

As things stand what we know based on Historical facts is that balancing a budget in the First Division based on purely income streams is pretty much an impossible task - so the balancing of the budget comes into question / no one knows the level of Weir Funding - that is a Fact 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

 But your original statement laid out a set of “facts” and you have no way of knowing there accuracy - there my use of the “alternative facts” was to demonstrate that your version of events is no more or less accurate than theirs 

As things stand what we know based on Historical facts is that balancing a budget in the First Division based on purely income streams is pretty much an impossible task - so the balancing of the budget comes into question / no one knows the level of Weir Funding - that is a Fact 

 

If I was Colin Weir and if he is funding this , I would be looking at it and wondering at the treatment of Kris Doolan, not the player but also the ambassador for our Club .

Would you really want to put your money into a business that treats your employees that way .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

 But your original statement laid out a set of “facts” and you have no way of knowing there accuracy - there my use of the “alternative facts” was to demonstrate that your version of events is no more or less accurate than theirs 

As things stand what we know based on Historical facts is that balancing a budget in the First Division based on purely income streams is pretty much an impossible task - so the balancing of the budget comes into question / no one knows the level of Weir Funding - that is a Fact 

 

I presume someone on the Board knows this. ( I hope that is not too great an assumption). 

On that basis, why should it be a concern to the ordinary fan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Emsca said:

I presume someone on the Board knows this. ( I hope that is not too great an assumption). 

On that basis, why should it be a concern to the ordinary fan?

You’ll see that I don’t get involved in these debates but this question struck me as hugely naive.

 

In my mind it should be of concern to the ordinary fan because many clubs have history for sleepwalking into extreme debt, ours included. This is our club, we predate the board and will be shuffling up to Firhill long after Ms Low and others wearing he suits of office have found somewhere else to be on a Saturday. Our role is to ensure our club is protected for future generations and therefore we have a moral responsibility to question when things don’t seem right. Financially things at Firhill don’t seem right so question we must.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, ClydebankJag said:

You’ll see that I don’t get involved in these debates but this question struck me as hugely naive.

 

In my mind it should be of concern to the ordinary fan because many clubs have history for sleepwalking into extreme debt, ours included. This is our club, we predate the board and will be shuffling up to Firhill long after Ms Low and others wearing he suits of office have found somewhere else to be on a Saturday. Our role is to ensure our club is protected for future generations and therefore we have a moral responsibility to question when things don’t seem right. Financially things at Firhill don’t seem right so question we must.

Yip - or you end up in a STJ MK 2 Scenario - you have to run a sustainable business model - without someone subsiding you - as they wont hand out cash forever -in turn that means you need to have an On the Park Strategy that matches your income ie Young Players - we were promoted very much using that model - it can be done  

We are all in this for the generations to come - we want want a Club here for our Grandkids to support  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see over on Twitter, the most predictable post of all time was made last night. 

We are all sexist if we dare to criticise ms low is the message her friends are sharing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jaf said:

I see over on Twitter, the most predictable post of all time was made last night. 

We are all sexist if we dare to criticise ms low is the message her friends are sharing. 

 

An not in Twitter, jaf. Was it a forum user or a Club Official?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last Wednesday, when the news broke about Kris Doolan’s  departure from our Club , Jaqui Low was giving a conference about management and leader qualities ,

There seems to be a certain irony within that but I’m glad you’re still around as we haven’t heard from you since Xmas .

Was getting worried .

 

Edited by jlsarmy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ClydebankJag said:

You’ll see that I don’t get involved in these debates but this question struck me as hugely naive.

 

In my mind it should be of concern to the ordinary fan because many clubs have history for sleepwalking into extreme debt, ours included. This is our club, we predate the board and will be shuffling up to Firhill long after Ms Low and others wearing he suits of office have found somewhere else to be on a Saturday. Our role is to ensure our club is protected for future generations and therefore we have a moral responsibility to question when things don’t seem right. Financially things at Firhill don’t seem right so question we must.

Thanks CJ and sorry for the naivety of my question.

For clarity, I did not say it should not be of concern to the ordinary fan. I was merely trying to point out that although it has not been made common knowledge when Colin Weir subsidises the club and by how much each time ( although I am sure a forensic examination of the annual accounts would reveal this or at least give a reasonable guide) ,someone on the Board will (should) be up to speed with these figures.

Whilst I agree that the Board should be held to account by the fans ( as they are only custodians of our Club), I do not think it is helpful or necessary for the Board to have to get the explicit agreement of the fans to every decision they make or to explain and make public information which is sensitive or which a benefactor has requested be kept private. In my experience "Committees " are not good at making clear concise decisions. You only need to look at the diverse range of opinions on this Forum to realise that it would be impossible to get  unanimity from the fans on certain decisions......................... which is why we have a Board of Directors. 

I totally agree that if things " don't seem right" the fans have a moral responsibility to question the Board and if necessary demand that they be replaced.

I just get the distinct impression that certain contributors to this Forum are agitating for the removal of the current Board not  just  because things " don't seem right" .

I will leave it at that.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×