Last word on 2018/19 ?

Auld Jag

Season 2018/19 never went the way we wanted it to go before the season started, but thankfully it didn't end the way a lot of us feared. The pro and anti Caldwell camps put up a lot of reasonable arguments to support their particular stance, but there was also some over the top and uncalled for posts as well. Lets hope everybody to do with Thistle, from management, players and fans have a good summer and come back refreshed and ready for the challenge that season 2019/20 will be. Have a good summer everybody 

• Like 2

Great shout  AJ.

At the end of the day, we are all Jags fans (exhausted by a season of turmoil).

Forget the differences and bitching, we all want the best for the Club. DP will be smooching me at the BBQ as I feel up GRE ;)

1 minute ago, sandy said:

Great shout  AJ.

Forget the differences and bitching, we all want the best for the Club. DP will be smooching me at the BBQ as I feel up GRE ;)

Like most of your post. The last bit will give me nightmares .:help:

50 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Are we not having a forum BBQ over the summer? Then we could all get to know each other better.

We could have a joint barbecue with SV Hamburg. They would bring all the Hamburgers.

Have a great summer, AJ. Maybe it will be next season when we get to see you swinging on the bar.:shakeshout:

4 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

We could have a joint barbecue with SV Hamburg. They would bring all the Hamburgers.

Have a great summer, AJ. Maybe it will be next season when we get to see you swinging on the bar.:shakeshout:

You have a good summer as well ptd. As far as swinging on the bar, if we win promotion, you never know.:party2:

1 hour ago, Big Col said:

Are we not having a forum BBQ over the summer? Then we could all get to know each other better.

Quite like the idea of that. Or even a meet in a boozer. We all have at least one thing in common....no not jags fans. We like a good old fashioned argument ( within reason lol ) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dl1971 said:

Quite like the idea of that. Or even a meet in a boozer. We all have at least one thing in common....no not jags fans. We like a good old fashioned argument ( within reason lol ) 

Let’s do it then, a summer pint for all Forum nutters! Having met ThistleBeRight and PartickTheDog recently, I can say they ain’t bad at all. 

6 hours ago, sandy said:

Great shout  AJ.

Erm! Dont flatter yourself Sandy. I have my eye on someone else. Sorry!

Agree with AJs post- about everyone wanting the best of the jags with the exception of one poster who has completely disgraced themselves this season.

Im not talking about his witch hunt of the manager which has went on for 6 months now and is strange behaviour to say the least but rather a week ago sandy was demanding repeatedly Caldwell be sacked over the envelopegate, we then had his usual rants about the crap signings slating mansell, tactics, that the manager could not take any credit for bringing McDonald here etc etc.  He has been so desperate to get the guy sacked that there’s not a chance he wanted a jags victory on Saturday.  He clearly wasn’t happy on Saturday night 

to be fair someone else made the point a couple of weeks ago that he seemed to absolutely revel in the defeats to Ross County and Dunfermline as though he wanted to lose and it attracted my suspicion too.

im sorry but hoping your team lose under any circumstances is worthy of nothing but contempt and he is quite frankly an absolute disgrace for this

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, sandy said:

Deluded TL. You are so wrong.

Nonsense sandy others noticed it as well. As I say anyone who wants their team to lose regardless of the reason is beneath contempt, there is not a chance in hell you wanted a win at the weekend which would give Caldwell more time. Absolutely disgraceful 

The sad thing is that there are plenty of legitimate concerns and criticisms of Caldwell which others have well highlighted but your deluded witch hunt going on for 6 months has just meant anything you said was a farce.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, allyo said:

Ach come on TL. This thread was going well.

I’m sorry TL but had to be said not just me that noticed he has been absolutely revelling in our defeats and was demanding the manager be sacked over envelope gate, along with the other tosh he was going on about, to say nothing of his witch hunt for the last 6 months there’s not a chance he has been genuinely supporting the club. We have only just started the summer break and he is already been going on about Doolan being paid pay as you play and trying to whip up more anti Caldwell feeling. 

But worst of all I cannot abide supporters who wish their team to lose ever no matter what the reason and try to pass themselves over as some great supporter and he is the epitome of this.

While I think some of Sandy's criticism of Caldwell was OTT (in terms of quantity and relentlessness, anyway)- I got no impression whatsoever that he actively wanted us to lose. In fact he made it explicitly clear that he wanted us to win in each match thread, and his posts were largely celebratory when we did (before reverting to criticism of Caldwell, of course).  I therefore think you're being unfair.

Anyway, in the spirit of the original poster, here's some musical light relief:

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Agree with AJs post- about everyone wanting the best of the jags with the exception of one poster who has completely disgraced themselves this season.

Im not talking about his witch hunt of the manager which has went on for 6 months now and is strange behaviour to say the least but rather a week ago sandy was demanding repeatedly Caldwell be sacked over the envelopegate, we then had his usual rants about the crap signings slating mansell, tactics, that the manager could not take any credit for bringing McDonald here etc etc.  He has been so desperate to get the guy sacked that there’s not a chance he wanted a jags victory on Saturday.  He clearly wasn’t happy on Saturday night 

to be fair someone else made the point a couple of weeks ago that he seemed to absolutely revel in the defeats to Ross County and Dunfermline as though he wanted to lose and it attracted my suspicion too.

im sorry but hoping your team lose under any circumstances is worthy of nothing but contempt and he is quite frankly an absolute disgrace for this

You are the most obsessed person ever to have accused someone of having an obsession.

13 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Honestly, Third Lanark: you go on about how sandy hates Gary Caldwell far more than he goes on about it. Give it a rest.

No chance I’ve mentioned it a few times since last Friday he has been going on for 6 months

its not that anyway it’s the fact he was happy to see Thistle lose. No idea how you can defend that WJ

Edited by Third Lanark