Close season type thread: funniest chant

thebiglemon

After the  "we'll park where we want" chant on Saturday it got me thinking about other classic witty chants from Jags fans.

Mine:

About 1980 and beating Dundee 3-0, the Dundee fans started trudging off about 5 minutes before the  end. One guy had tartan trousers on prompting a spontaneous chorus of the "Rupert the Bear" theme. Magic!

4 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

I'm pretty sure their was a chant directed at the bearded security guy on Saturday that went " you're just a sh**  rag n bone man" a variation on the Stevie may and Andy Carroll chant...but fairly inspired.

Similar one at Ibrox a few years ago. A slightly rotund current bun with an England top on, and sh!te blonde highlights in his hair started shouting down at the thistle fans. The inevitable “fat David beckham” chant was given to him in spades. Was priceless seeing his wee face. 

Got a few favourite ones,  the season when we won the First Division under Lambie, the last game of the season up at ICT we got spanked 3-0 but we were going on the pitch anyways. The steward behind the goals had a number 13 on his high-vis jaiskit, Jags fans were singing ‘13’s going down, he’s going down, 13’s going down’ the guy didny have a clue what we were on about.

I loved the ‘ginger hair is unacceptable’ to ginger baws Samson.

The game we beat the sheep 3-1 at Firhill, ‘ The sheep, the sheep, the sheep are getting humped’!

The Morton 1-0 game at Firhill, ‘It must be Giro day in Greenock’

38 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Can someone remind me of a chant at Somerset Pk direct at their goalie, McGeown. Something to do with reneging on some deal involving a speedboat.

Don't know the chant. But if I remember right, it was to do with him being on the price is right and not sharing the prize/prizes.

26 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

Maybe the Duke of Edinburgh could take him for a drive and show him how to get a few points!

Hi Jags on Tour! How come your location is in Dunfermline? I downed your last bottle of Blaven from the Skye Brewery in celebration of our survival on Saturday. Quality stuff, thank you!

Back to the thread and resurrecting a real rave from the grave. In our title winning season 1975/76 or thereabouts we hit the top of the league around Christmas and I can recall singing:

"Hark the Herald angels sing. Joe Craig is the Firhill king."

They don't make songs like that any more.

9 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Hi Jags on Tour! How come your location is in Dunfermline? I downed your last bottle of Blaven from the Skye Brewery in celebration of our survival on Saturday. Quality stuff, thank you!

Back to the thread and resurrecting a real rave from the grave. In our title winning season 1975/76 or thereabouts we hit the top of the league around Christmas and I can recall singing:

"Hark the Herald angels sing. Joe Craig is the Firhill king."

They don't make songs like that any more.

I’ve updated my profile now! Did you enjoy you’re Stuart Blavennigan?!

Years ago at Tynecastle when it was terracing behind the goal the song of “One Captain Birds Eye” at an Edinburgh polis who was his doppleganger.  Was made more funny by the fact he had no sense of humour and looked like he wanted to arrest all the chanters.  :lol:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

Late sixties ‘E for B and Jimmy Bone’

Related to a TV advert of the time recommending Eggs for Breakfast.

Bizarre but hysterical. I’m sure there were several other almost psychedelic chants at that time.

Memory fuzzy but was that an adaptation of either a George Best chant or taken from directly from the ad, which I think was centred round Best?

Against Livi in their smug 2000s “ooh we’re such a family club” period, the chant “you’re going home in a people carrier” (as opposed to a f**king ambulance) was pretty funny.

When we came up to the SPL under Lambie and were trouncing Dunfermline 3 or 4 nil, “You’re suppose to be quite good” had me tickled.

I've told this story before; My wife and I were waiting for a train at Falkirk High going to Glasgow. When Gerry Britton arrived, I said to the wife That's Gerry Britton, She said never heard of him. you must of heard of him He's a Thistle legend. Sorry never heard of him. We got on the train and after a few moments she leaned over to me and started to sing GERRY BRITTON IS BETTER THAN FLO. Is that him. Yes dear that's him!