Doolan

javeajag

Personally sad to see Kris leave. I thought he should have played on Saturday. That said he was barely getting any game time. McDonald came in and let's be honest see the heather alight. This is probably the best decision for all parties. His testimonial is still happening which is great. Finally on the erskine debate the team has improved since he left. Fact. Results improved since he left. Fact. What do you think John Lambie would have done with a player not in the team. Yep. The bullet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

The squad has changed but better bet to change the manager or do you think he’s had a good season .

There is a disconnect between the supporters and Caldwell, if we’re going to go down the Academy route and produce young players a manager whose base is in Manchester/ Wigan isn’t ideal 

I’m neutral about Caldwell 

we will see where we are at the first quarter of next season 

36 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Disgraceful decision, under Caldwell’s tenure so far , appraising the season as a whole it has been absolutely shocking, only cementing our place in the league on the very last game . It was that bad , we gave one of our player of the year awards to Scott Macdonald who had only played 1O games for us .

Caldwell has ripped the total fabric out of our Club , letting players like Erskine and Doolan go who the supporters identified with through good times and bad .

If Gary Caldwell can’t see the quality in a player like Doolan we’re in big trouble, even for a senior player to show an example to a young player coming up in the game what can be achieved through hard work and dedication, surely even that should have been a consideration.

Done the sponsorship thing  for the last 15 years through my company, that’s now going to stop , shocking way to treat a player who is in his testimonial year and our highest ever scorer in the league .

Dools thanks for the memories .

This is not a ridiculous post.

Caldwell has had me up and down all season but this takes the biscuit. Foitball is about emotion. Yes he stands and falls by his decisions. It's his to make. Based on this season, dools would have to go. But it's more than that. I despise Caldwell for this. 

I think "cameos" are patronising. Play the team to win the game. I'd rather remember Kris Doolan scoring two vital goals against Morton at the most critical part of the season, than running on with 5 minutes left when the game is won just so he can get a clap.

6 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Personally sad to see Kris leave. I thought he should have played on Saturday. That said he was barely getting any game time. McDonald came in and let's be honest see the heather alight. This is probably the best decision for all parties. His testimonial is still happening which is great. Finally on the erskine debate the team has improved since he left. Fact. Results improved since he left. Fact. What do you think John Lambie would have done with a player not in the team. Yep. The bullet. 

Still would have been relegated if it wasn’t for Chris Erskine’s 3 goals this season  Fact 

32 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

I was commenting on how *Caldwell* treats people. When a player has played for a decade for your club, and there’s a good chance he won’t be here next season, and you’re 3-0 up with an unused sub on the last day of the season, you give them a cameo to say goodbye to their fans.

You brought up the irrelevant question of the testimonial, something Caldwell had no involvement in setting up, as a way of suggesting he had therefore treated Doolan right.

He hasn’t.

I don't agree with this. A game of that significance, with the very real threat of relegation, is not the correct context for a "cameo". Completely different, for example, to when Lambie brought on Chic Charnley for last 5 mins of his last game in charge - a meaningless end of season game.

The fans wouldn't have been aware that it was a farewell cameo anyway. His testimonial game is the correct time to say farewell on the pitch.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Still would have been relegated if it wasn’t for Chris Erskine’s 3 goals this season  Fact 

You are clutching at straws there. That's like saying if we didn't sign Anderson his crucial goals not being there mean we go down. Same applies to Scott McDonald.

Let the record show Kris' final stats...

437 appearances (all competitions and friendlies).   127 goals. 

His scoring record is therefore  a goal every 3.4 appearances.  However, his actual average time on the park is just under 61 minutes so his record is even more impressive. 

He only made 135 appearances of 90 minutes or more.  

He never played more than 5 consecutive 90 minutes and only played 5x90 mins consecutively 4 times (once split over two seasons).

Best wishes to Kris whatever he goes on to do.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JAGSMAN1968 said:

See Kris Boyd might be leaving Killie! - thoughts? - he's only 35!

If we have to sign a over 30 striker for next season can we not just keep the one that has scored over 100 goals for us?

Boyd looked done 2 years ago and has only been getting games at Killie from the bench or when everyone else is injured. He's not fit enough to be a regular starter and would be an expensive backup striker.

However I can totally see Caldwell going for him and Miller.

4 minutes ago, laukat said:

If we have to sign a over 30 striker for next season can we not just keep the one that has scored over 100 goals for us?

Boyd looked done 2 years ago and has only been getting games at Killie from the bench or when everyone else is injured. He's not fit enough to be a regular starter and would be an expensive backup striker.

However I can totally see Caldwell going for him and Miller.

Look at his goal record over the last two seasons and not Boyd or miller 

1 hour ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Pretty sure his achievements before this season have given him a fair amount of capital and leeway to allow for a poorer season. Just a shocking way to treat a guy who will be remembered long after our current charlatan of a manager. 

Well said sir.

Thanks for everything Dools, memories will live long, haste ye back.

Shocking way to treat a living legend

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

How has he been treated badly exactly ? It’s just a stick for you to beat Caldwell with .... you can’t play players on what they did but on what they can do now 

Oh get a grip javeajag.

Football is a passionate game and you clearly have lost yours.

13 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

You are clutching at straws there. That's like saying if we didn't sign Anderson his crucial goals not being there mean we go down. Same applies to Scott McDonald.

No I was just pointing out the importance of Chris Erskine’s goals this season, the players you mentioned are also relevant but Erskine’s contribution shouldn’t be underestimated 

Just now, Thistleberight said:

Oh get a grip javeajag.

1 minute ago, Thistleberight said:

Oh get a grip javeajag.

Lost my what ? 

The issue is whether you believe doolan could score goals next season when he has not done so in the last two 

Not to offer him a new contract is a perfectly  understandable decision whether you agree with it or not 

I just don’t see how he’s been treated badly 

Thanks for the memories Dools. You have been a fantastic servant to the club. Until I hear otherwise,  I am going to presume you left on your own terms. 

As for the decision, I can understand this from a footballing perspective, over the last 18 months Doolan has continued to decline. I still think he will go to  a club and score goals, I guess I am going to want a really good replacement in, one who is as dedicated and will serve the club well.

47 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Don’t disagree with that at all but surely in an attacking team Kris Doolan will score goals for another 5 years as he’s proved time and again .

You need senior pros round the Club and also his involvement in the coaching of the U18s shouldn’t be underestimated.

Need to replace him with 39 yr old Kenny Miller ?

If Miller comes I'll not be back..........aye right, but I'll be pure full of the rage. Everyone's form goes up and down, game to game, sometimes month to month, sometimes season to season. Unfortunately in this mad cap world of football loyalty from some is see as weakness, and counts for nothing when you're in an tight spot. Just my opinion but I agree a years contract in the strength if past endeavours would be a good move. Caldwell didn't so I guess we vent then move on

3 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

No I was just pointing out the importance of Chris Erskine’s goals this season, the players you mentioned are also relevant but Erskine’s contribution shouldn’t be underestimated 

It the context of the season as a whole erskine s contribution was minimal. Dare I remind you how bad we were between August and December when erskine was in the squad? Has erskine improved Livvy? Nope