Doolan

javeajag

3 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

You are very much mistaken sir. 

You accused Woodstock of not understanding English and yet it is you who have failed to understand many posts this afternoon and made stuff up to have a pop. Meeeeental. Have a lovely evening.

I think you will find that Woodstock jag got very personal first. I defended myself. I always do.

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Like Jimmy Bone & Kenny Arthur ? 

If we are 3-0 up - then its the decent thing to do and a decent Manager would do it 

Unless it had been announced beforehand that it was to be his last appearance, the significance would have been lost on us fans.

What a tribute to a true Thistle great this thread has become. Utterly embarrassing but that's the way things go on here with so many seemingly following their agendas. I'm off to start a proper tribute thread. Keep all the shite in here. Thank you x

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dl1971 said:

I never said the onus should be on one striker. My opinion is that it does no harm to have a high scoring striker in the team. For example dougie somner mo johnson. Maybe a bit old now to be fair.

Surely it’s better to have a few strikers to score goals rather than just rely on 1 striker

The 2 top goalscorers in our division were Shankland and Dobbie but their teams didn’t win the league , 2 or 3 strikers scoring goals in a team gives you a better chance of being successful.

QOS and Ayr’s season effectively stopped when the goals dried up for Shankland and Dobbie 

11 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

I think you will find that Woodstock jag got very personal first. I defended myself. I always do.

Not in the slightest. I said you were talking rubbish and that your argument was nonsense. Nothing “personal” about it.

Still, what with your unique skills in “plain English” I’m sure you can read that back for yourself.

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Don’t disagree with anything that you said and I’m sure you know Kris Doolan is the most humble guy around despite of his achievements.

My own perception of this , despite Kris Doolan’s obvious talents as a footballer , he was also a fantastic ambassador for our football club and even this week I’ve been told he had been out visiting schools.

I personally think Doolan still had a lot to offer as a player and also think his knowledge of football and also his coaching abilities could have helped any young strikers come through.

I’m pretty sure he’ll be back at Firhill one day after the present incumbents are gone and I include Jacqui Lowe within that .

I agree with you about the ambassador bit an excellent role model

just to mention about the schools appearance but apparently Caldwell insists on all the players going to the schools on a sort of rota and it would only be fair to credit them all for doing that,including the likes of Storey who was not really a fans favourite 

6 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Surely it’s better to have a few strikers to score goals rather than just rely on 1 striker

The 2 top goalscorers in our division were Shankland and Dobbie but their teams didn’t win the league , 2 or 3 strikers scoring goals in a team gives you a better chance of being successful.

QOS and Ayr’s season effectively stopped when the goals dried up for Shankland and Dobbie 

Absolutely.  You only have to look at our winning campaign in 12/13 where the goals were spread out between Dools, Craig, Erksine and Lawless as well as many others.  None of that team got close to the 20 mark and yet we won the league by 11 points.

2 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I agree with you about the ambassador bit an excellent role model

just to mention about the schools appearance but apparently Caldwell insists on all the players going to the schools on a sort of rota and it would only be fair to credit them all for doing that,including the likes of Storey who was not really a fans favourite 

Get that , but is it fair to say some might be better ambassadors for our Club than others ?

Just heard the news. Definitely a true club legend. Football moves on true legends are eternal. I now have to go and tell my 10 year old autistic son who absolutely idolises the man. All he has ever known is dools at firhill. I am not looking forward to this. 

1 hour ago, Big Col said:

I dread to think what this forum will be like if Storey gets offered a contract when he has contributed diddly squat and is one of the worst players ever to grace the Firhill turf, whereas Doolan is shown the door.

Ooft - that would be a shocker.