Doolan

javeajag

2 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Or the correct decision 

Or the wrong one .... very few people are suggesting doolan would be a starter but think we should have him based on performances from 3 years ago and you want us to be successful !

3 minutes ago, jaf said:

Why?   Customers can choose to do what they like with their money - if JLS goes above and beyond because he can - as many others do - and they don't like the product or ethos anymore, then quite right they should walk with their wallets - what exactly is wrong with that - why are the club being defended by you for making a business decision over Doolan but a customer has no right to make a decision?

For me, I would rather have no Weir money, and a club to be proud of - the Doolan affair is shoddy.

I don't disagree with you that the club can do what they want, but so can we, the customers, and I have a simple philosophy - try to treat people the way you would want to be treated yourself.

We all have different opinions on this and no ones is more or less valid than yours. We also all have different standards we aspire to. I am comfortable with mine which is why I think Doolan has been treated appallingly. Some may have different standards. I would not like to be treated how Doolan has been.

1 minute ago, dibble said:

Kris will always be a legend . In a lot of ways keeping kris would have been an easy option for Caldwell.  The one thing I would say about Caldwell is that he isn’t afraid to take hard decisions to move club forward. No room for sentiment in this game . Archie stated that one of his issues was he was too loyal. Right decision letting kris go - now is the time to bring in players who can move the club forward. 

Realistically are we going to get someone of the ability of Kris Doolan for £600 per week , the Club needs to develop its own players and Kris Doolan should have been part of that ,playing and coaching young players as he was in the U18s , that is our way forward for the future .

Someone of Kris Doolan’s magnitude and stature should have been an integral part of that .

We’ve been let down not just by the Manager but by Jacqui Lowe big time , Dools was an asset to the Club on and off the park and should have been at our Club for years to come .

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

What a tribute to a true Thistle great this thread has become. Utterly embarrassing but that's the way things go on here with so many seemingly following their agendas. I'm off to start a proper tribute thread. Keep all the shite in here. Thank you x

Out of likes but well said jagfox

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Or the wrong one .... very few people are suggesting doolan would be a starter but think we should have him based on performances from 3 years ago and you want us to be successful !

Javejag   ,  if we’re going to have a successful future for years to come , the only reasonable way is to develop our players for the future as other revenue streams will dry up including the last parachute payment from the SPFL next season.

If  you want us to be successful should we base Gary Caldwell’s performances at Chesterfield and Wigan over the last 3 years as a benchmark?

1 minute ago, dibble said:

Kris will always be a legend . In a lot of ways keeping kris would have been an easy option for Caldwell.  The one thing I would say about Caldwell is that he isn’t afraid to take hard decisions to move club forward. No room for sentiment in this game . Archie stated that one of his issues was he was too loyal. Right decision letting kris go - now is the time to bring in players who can move the club forward. 

you're kidding , first signing harkins 18 month contract; slater new contract , then does not play him

continues to play storey, has doolan on the bench for 5 games, then plays him saying that doolan has now got his head in the right place

gets humped at morton 5-1, taking off mcginty and playing elliott at centre half

saying that penrice was a left back, when in fact when at livi on loan he was played in midfield and was receiving plaudits, and even an offer to sign for them

i sit in the jhs stand. normally about 8 of us sit together. this season 2 of us remain the rest have disappeared

all down to the quality of play on view

for a team like us , to let a player of the quality of doolan walk out the door is certainly going to have the fans rushing back

i as a fan would appreciate to hear some sort of comment from gerry britton

or is his jacket on a shakey nail ?

18 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Jesus your either a fan or a partial fan ....I’m not buying anymore pies till the bing looks nicer 

TBH, I don't think the amount of money you spend makes you a better or lesser fan; you obviously do - like I say, different standards

1 hour ago, Thistleberight said:

These sum it up splendidly.

Thanks for the inside track norge.

Don't abandon ship guys, fight the good fight, truth will always out, Caldwell and this board won't be here forever.

I'd never suggest either manager nor board are out to intentionally destroy our club but they are ripping the heart out of it and ruining the all togetherness we used to have. The whole spirit of the club is being changed, and so far not for the good.

Colin weir won't be here forever either.

1 hour ago, Thistleberight said:

You have seen how often norges posts are true. You do know how trustworthy his information has been?

I can’t say that I keep any score on whose statements appear to be right or wrong. What I get from various posts is “facts” being created to support whatever agenda people have. I am not saying this is the case with Norge in this situation. I am just asking for the proof for the avoidance of doubt.

As much as I am disappointed about the news of Doolan leaving, we really do need a complete rebuild. Sentiment doesnt win games and its that jobs for the boys philosophy thats got us where we are now. By the looks of it, the manager has identified what he needs and who is surplus to requirements. Forget the nonsense about keeping players because we sing about a goal scored against Airdrie 6 years ago. Its a successful team I want. Remember, were not that cuddly anymore

2 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

i as a fan would appreciate to hear some sort of comment from gerry britton

or is his jacket on a shakey nail ?

You would have hoped Gerry Britton would handle this sensitively - leaving it to Caldwell looks like dereliction of duty to me 

1 hour ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Because as we all know we should believe Kim Jong Brit Un and Chairman Low are the good faith actors until a court of law has conclusively stated otherwise. Partick Thistle Football Club never lies and never treats people shabbily and we should ignore all informal reports from people who have had reliable insider information before when they state something categorically and the Club doesn’t deny it.

That’s not what I am saying. The statement hasn’t given any indication as to what the circumstances of getting to the final decision were.

5 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I can’t say that I keep any score on whose statements appear to be right or wrong. What I get from various posts is “facts” being created to support whatever agenda people have. I am not saying this is the case with Norge in this situation. I am just asking for the proof for the avoidance of doubt.

Kris Doolan himself told Radio Scotland in no uncertain terms that he was not offered a contract.

Happy?

4 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

We have just had a massive fuss about a leak, people aren't going to tell you where they get info!

However, you either believe everything that comes out of club, or you believe it and some other stuff. I am in the latter camp, and I have arrived at that conclusion not to support an agenda, but based on a litany of evidential data.

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I was paraphrasing our Chairman after we sacked Archie - todays statement was well prepared and  put out as soon as he was told - you will note there is nothing in it from Dools - which suggests that he didnt go in good grace and it was GC decision not mutual 

How do you read into the statement that Doolan didn’t leave in good grace ?

You might be right- that’s what I want to get proof of, which so far no one is providing.

Just now, Lenziejag said:

I missed it ? What did he say ?

That he was called into the manager’s office this morning, told that he wouldn’t be offered a new contract and that the manager said he wanted to take the club “in a new direction”. That he was absolutely gutted. That he couldn’t understand it. That he wanted to stay at the Club.

When prompted by Tom English about whether there was a clash of personalities he played it with a straight bat and said that he gets on with everyone so he couldn’t really see how.

Everything about the interview screamed being bundled out the door with his bus fare.

1 hour ago, Jag said:

I would rather not say but can assure you it is true. Like Norge says, the club put out the tweet before Dools had even left the building. 

The guy is devastated.

Why would you rather not say. There wasn’t much holding back last week pointing the finger at Ally Roy.

36 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Nice suggestion was it not 401:thumbsup2: don’t want us behaving too Celticy but would be quite a nice touch to retire the number 9?

I would prefer players to aspire to playing in the number 9 shirt worn by Kris Doolan.

25 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

As much as I am disappointed about the news of Doolan leaving, we really do need a complete rebuild. Sentiment doesnt win games and its that jobs for the boys philosophy thats got us where we are now. By the looks of it, the manager has identified what he needs and who is surplus to requirements. Forget the nonsense about keeping players because we sing about a goal scored against Airdrie 6 years ago. Its a successful team I want. Remember, were not that cuddly anymore

Just seems to be yet another PR disaster by the club. Surely if this had been done properly we could have had some sort of joint official statement from Dools and the Club or even a website interview/chat. How many players of his quality and loyalty have we had over the years? One thing for sure is Caldwell and Low and Britton will need to get the player recruitment right this close season or they face serious fan revolt.

Edited by Z88
Missing words