Doolan

javeajag

Just now, Norgethistle said:

An employee with 10 years service, who took a 50% pay cut this year whilst turning down a better offfer in a better league to stay and help the club he loves is given 10 minutes to leave, and your ok with this?

Kris was representing the club at a primary school 2 days ago in his own time, we have a manager who can’t even stay for POTY event, who cares about the club more?

Ran out of likes … 100% agree with your words

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

And its  also about not pissing off your Customers - he could have had him as a Player /Coach - used him as a sub - kept the Fans onside buying ST and all the other things we need to sell - instead he made a point not to -  thats not a hard decision he made - thats a stupid decision IMO and supported by the BOD - its starting to look like its the GC show and no one dare question it  

Our budget is tight next year. Choices have to be made.  I want promotion next year. If kris going means being able to bring in a striker more suited to our style of play , like Mac Donald then that has to happen. Caldwell must reckon he needs to different type of striker and at the end of the day he’s been charged with taking us up. If he doesn’t  have us at least in the play offs next year he is toast!   I’m sure kris will do well somewhere else that happens all the time in football.   The same arguments about legends were used to not let Archie go last year. I firmly believe and this years form backs it up is that if caldwelll has been brought in at end of last season we would be in the promotion play offs right now. 

2 minutes ago, dibble said:

Our budget is tight next year. Choices have to be made.  I want promotion next year. If kris going means being able to bring in a striker more suited to our style of play , like Mac Donald then that has to happen. Caldwell must reckon he needs to different type of striker and at the end of the day he’s been charged with taking us up. If he doesn’t  have us at least in the play offs next year he is toast!   I’m sure kris will do well somewhere else that happens all the time in football.   The same arguments about legends were used to not let Archie go last year. I firmly believe and this years form backs it up is that if caldwelll has been brought in at end of last season we would be in the promotion play offs right now. 

you are joking surely

I wonder if Kris might end up at Morton or the likes either as an assistant player-manager or as a player-coach. His experience and knowledge of the game at this level should not be lost even though the myopic powers-that-be at Firhill seem to consider him to be surplus to requirements.

Just read the BBC article. Totally gutted by this - the club is going in the wrong direction. Sure, we’ll never be world beaters, but we were always Thistle. 

Recently I feel a lot of that has been lost. 

If success means this kind of behaviour, count me out. Happily travel to Kirkcaldy or Cowdenbeath with the Thistle spirit intact. This just feels wrong.

14 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

An employee with 10 years service, who took a 50% pay cut this year whilst turning down a better offfer in a better league to stay and help the club he loves is given 10 minutes to leave, and your ok with this?

Kris was representing the club at a primary school 2 days ago in his own time, we have a manager who can’t even stay for POTY event, who cares about the club more?

"the Thistle way"

1 hour ago, MonehJags said:

As much as I am disappointed about the news of Doolan leaving, we really do need a complete rebuild. Sentiment doesnt win games and its that jobs for the boys philosophy thats got us where we are now. By the looks of it, the manager has identified what he needs and who is surplus to requirements. Forget the nonsense about keeping players because we sing about a goal scored against Airdrie 6 years ago. Its a successful team I want. Remember, were not that cuddly anymore

That could be the new chant for next season - We are Thistle we are sentimental when we want to be!

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

We are not obliged to give anyone options ... he has scored 12 goals in two seasons 

2 seasons where the whole team has struggled and as a consequence the strikers have had a lot less chances. Kris didn't look quite as sharp this season but I'm convinced if he goes to a team that creates chances he'll take a fair share of them.

Shankland and Dobbie have been the yardstick by which all Championship strikers have been measured this season so it's worth looking at the league stats:

Shankland - 24 goals in 2622 minutes from 90 attempts

Dobbie - 21 goals in 2593 minutes from 115 attempts

Doolan - 6 goals in 2062 minutes from 39 attempts

Stats don't tell the whole story but Dobbie's conversion rate is only slightly better than Doolan's. What's most damning from those stats is how few chances we created for Doolan. I'd wager that Henrik Larsson at his best would have struggled for goals with Miles Storey providing the "crosses" from one flank!

Had he stayed I don't think any of us would have expected him to be the main man but he would surely have been worth a place as a squad man coming off the bench and making the occasional start. It's obvious from his comments on the radio tonight he wanted to stay and as someone who loves the club he would likely have been happy playing that lesser role while combining it with the coaching. Can you think of anyone who would be a better example to the kids in the academy? I think he's a major loss for the club.

11 minutes ago, dibble said:

Nonsense, the majority of players still at the Club were already there when Caldwell arrived Sneddon , Elliott, Penrice, Mcginty, Bannigan , Slater, Spittal , Fitzpatrick, Doolan , Storey , Shea Gordon , Tam O ware

Caldwell added a few loan players Anderson, McDonald, McMillan, Mansell who have all returned to their parent clubs as well as Shea Gordon 

Saunders might do fine for us next season , not sure if Cardle will stay but he could help .

Harkins was a waste of a wage at his age , his best days behind him.

So to say it’s Caldwell’s team is not strictly true as the majority of the players were already there , it’ll be an interesting summer 

38 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

He was paid as an employee , he is having a testimonial year but we are treating g him badly ? The reaction is over done 

14 minutes ago, Duck snort said:

2 seasons where the whole team has struggled and as a consequence the strikers have had a lot less chances. Kris didn't look quite as sharp this season but I'm convinced if he goes to a team that creates chances he'll take a fair share of them.

Shankland and Dobbie have been the yardstick by which all Championship strikers have been measured this season so it's worth looking at the league stats:

Shankland - 24 goals in 2622 minutes from 90 attempts

Dobbie - 21 goals in 2593 minutes from 115 attempts

Doolan - 6 goals in 2062 minutes from 39 attempts

Stats don't tell the whole story but Dobbie's conversion rate is only slightly better than Doolan's. What's most damning from those stats is how few chances we created for Doolan. I'd wager that Henrik Larsson at his best would have struggled for goals with Miles Storey providing the "crosses" from one flank!

Had he stayed I don't think any of us would have expected him to be the main man but he would surely have been worth a place as a squad man coming off the bench and making the occasional start. It's obvious from his comments on the radio tonight he wanted to stay and as someone who loves the club he would likely have been happy playing that lesser role while combining it with the coaching. Can you think of anyone who would be a better example to the kids in the academy? I think he's a major loss for the club.

Archie hardly started doolan neither did Caldwell ... there must be a reason...

10 hours ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Disgraceful decision and disgraceful way to treat one of our finest players of the last few decades. This season was not his best and clearly still has masses to offer. This decision will absolutely come back to bite us. 

And for Caldwell to not even give him a few minutes against QOS? Dreadful. 

That’s me done for next season, giving it a break for a year. The way Erskine & Doolan have been treated is appalling.

The Club has just lost £2k potential income from me. See you in 2020-21 lads 

2 minutes ago, sandy said:

That’s me done for next season, giving it a break for a year. The way Erskine & Doolan have been treated is appalling.

Don’t ya love a conditional supporter 

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

The failure to so much as give him a cameo at Palmerston shows that Caldwell has zero class.

Even if you leave aside the merits or complications of whether he should have been offered an extension to his contract (and you better believe he should) you've got to treat the good guys right.

In the long run, that matters far far far more than whether you won 3-0 or 3-1 on a random afternoon in May.

This. That’s me done with Thistle for a year, time to take a break. 

Erskine & Doolan will always be Jags men to me.

Just now, sandy said:

that's me as well sandy, totally scunnered

red and yellow runs through my blood, but enough is enough

all the best to fellow jags followers 

nb       admin please cancel my account

6 minutes ago, sandy said:

Don’t you hate a smart boy? Justify this decision from Caldwell fanboi

6 minutes ago, sandy said:

Don’t you hate a smart boy? Justify this decision from Caldwell fanboi

12 league goals in two seasons , accepted as having poor form , rarely started by last two managers .....it’s s perfectly understandable decision .....