Doolan

javeajag

9 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Big interview with Caldwell in the herald tomorrow 

- Boyd or Miller would be a good signing

- bid for Fitzpatrick 

and more apparently 

Sorry are you saying you now think Boyd and/or Miller would be a good signing?

Its a damage limitation piece which can be seen from the following 2 paragraphs that try to show that he's really keen to keep players that the fans identify with

"Meanwhile, HeraldSport understands that Thistle have knocked back a bid potentially worth almost a million pounds for promising teenager Aidan Fitzpatrick. 

The club are also awaiting answers on contract offers from various first-team players, including an offer to Christie Elliott that will make him the highest paid player at the club."

If we are seriously making Christie Elliot the highest paid player at the club then he's lost his marbles. It would suggest to me the ground is being laid for Elliot going as well

Also as much as I love Fitzpatrick if we're getting that sort of money offered to us we'd be crazy to ignore it

34 minutes ago, allyo said:

You know, for all that I'm concerned at the way Kris Doolan has apparently been treated, I'm not sure about all this "it's not the club I've supported for 100 years" stuff. I would guess that Thistle players in the past have been treated in pretty schtty ways too. And probably by some of our legends. There was maybe just a bit less public knowledge.

Kenny Watson for one - would run through brick walls for the club and never even got a testimonial 

42 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Big interview with Caldwell in the herald tomorrow 

- Boyd or Miller would be a good signing

- bid for Fitzpatrick 

and more apparently 

Total spin, same as the interview with the sun after envelope gate

Boyd & Miller have a combined age of 77, and have scored 14 goals between them last season over 42 league games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Total spin, same as the interview with the sun after envelope gate

Boyd & Miller have a combined age of 77, and have scored 14 goals between them last season over 42 league games.

I admire your ability to judge an article which has not yet been published - can I have Saturday's lottery numbers please?

4 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

I admire your ability to judge an article which has not yet been published - can I have Saturday's lottery numbers please?

It’s in the evening times already

Its also in the Herald online if you have a subscription 

Edited by Norgethistle

1 minute ago, Norgethistle said:
3 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

It’s in the evening times already

First part NorgeThistle is referencing is here https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17632265.gary-caldwell-no-brainer-for-partick-thistle-to-sign-kris-boyd-or-kenny-miller/?ref=twtrec

There is a second article to be release at 10.30

Well done GC

AA was hyper loyal for too long - hence the position we ended up at close to season end

If we want a successful and progressive club, tough decisions have to be made.

I will judge Caldwell on the future success of the club not on his decision to terminate the contracts of fringe players

• Downvote 1

Now, why when Thistle fans pay 5.99 per month for Jagzone are these news items being put onto a newspaper first?  That is a pretty damning way to treat a fan who pays that money every month. Wasn't Jagzone put up for the reason to inform fans of all that is going on at the club? Disgraceful. Yet more evidence that off field they are completely out of touch with the fans.

1 minute ago, Garscube Road End said:

Now, why when Thistle fans pay 5.99 per month for Jagzone are these news items being put onto a newspaper first?  That is a pretty damning way to treat a fan who pays that money every month. Wasn't Jagzone put up for the reason to inform fans of all that is going on at the club? Disgraceful. Yet more evidence that off field they are completely out of touch with the fans.

That’s a fair point 

5 hours ago, javeajag said:

I think the point is that Archie was never offered the Shrewsbury so therefore could not have turned it down 

No. I think the point is that people make decisions about their own lives. If that doesn’t turn out the way you hoped, nobody else is to blame.

28 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Or out of their depth when it comes to doing their jobs properly.

Kenny Miller.  Yesterdays man.  Also have you heard him on BBC Sportsound?  A nugget.

Kris Boyd.  Yesterdays man.  Mr controversial.  Look at me! Look. At. Me.  A man in his "peak" on the verge of sun stroke at a Scottish Cup final.

I cheered them for Scotland but their age and baggage should have them ruled out.