Doolan

javeajag

He's a great player and not finished by a long way (unless he has an unknown serious injury or similar).  We wouldn't have been sentimental or cuddly if we'd given him another year, we've just been stupid to let him go IMO.

If Doolan had been at somewhere else for the last 10 years with the record he has and we'd just announced him as our first close season signing, I for one would have been absolutely delighted with our manager and having Kris in our squad.

I sincerely hope he goes onto be a huge success elsewhere and his contribution to Thistle will live on. Thanks Kris for for all the joy, skills and absolute wonder at your touch, effort and committment during the past 10 years.

• Like 4

Just booked my place for the event on 15th May, or at least I have sent an as yet unacknowledged email!

Will go along proudly wearing my KR1S D00LAN scarf.

As a matter of interest, would all purchasers of said scarves have a class action against the Club for diminution in the value of our assets?

• Like 1

Down in the West Country on the 15th unfortunately.

I hope that some serious questions are asked about the stewardship of the Club, and that fans do not fall into the trap of asking detailed footballing questions of Caldwell - along the lines of "why are playing 5-3-2" etc.

The person with most questions to answer is Jacqui Low, but fans have to be prepared to press her to get straight answers to straight questions.

She should not be allowed to pass the buck to Gerry Britton.

1 hour ago, stuart_adam said:

It looks like GC has done an interview with the Evening Times justifying his decision and how it was handled.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/17633201.gary-caldwell-says-he-is-at-partick-thistle-to-be-successful-not-popular-as-he-explains-kris-doolan-decision/

What an egotistical arrogant ******** Caldwell is , he knew long before it went public that Kris wasn’t to be offered a contract as I’m sure people like Britton and Jacqui Low did as well but didn’t bother to tell the player himself.

The silence from our media expert and chief executive is deafening, is it just Caldwell running the whole show ?

You don’t treat someone like Kris Doolan who has achieved so much for us on and off the park that way .  Whether Caldwell thought that was the right way to deal with things or not where was the direction from Jacqui Low and Gerry Britton to tell him that isn’t the way we do things at our Club . This seems to be turning in to the Gary Caldwell show at our football club with as it seems no direction from the Board regarding transfer policy , youth development etc.

From what I’ve seen so far , we’re heading down blind alley at a great speed .

49 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

What an egotistical arrogant ******** Caldwell is , he knew long before it went public that Kris wasn’t to be offered a contract as I’m sure people like Britton and Jacqui Low did as well but didn’t bother to tell the player himself.

The silence from our media expert and chief executive is deafening, is it just Caldwell running the whole show ?

You don’t treat someone like Kris Doolan who has achieved so much for us on and off the park that way .  Whether Caldwell thought that was the right way to deal with things or not where was the direction from Jacqui Low and Gerry Britton to tell him that isn’t the way we do things at our Club . This seems to be turning in to the Gary Caldwell show at our football club with as it seems no direction from the Board regarding transfer policy , youth development etc.

From what I’ve seen so far , we’re heading down blind alley at a great speed .

How did Archie deal with lawless ? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

How did Archie deal with lawless ? 

Can we compare the 2  players ? Doolan had been there for 10 years and was also part of the coaching staff , Lawless was there for 5 or 6 years . You’re correct that Lawless was told late on re contract talks , the reasons for that were whether Archie stayed or went and also the disparity of the wages that were on offer because we dropped a division . Lawless was kept in the dark for a long time and we eventually  didn’t offer him anything which was probably wrong but Stevie Lawless knew what was going on and his agent was trying to get him fixed up, he didn’t just come in one day to be told that was it .

Good player that Lawless was , he never achieved what Doolan did , record goal scorer , inducted into our Hall of Fame , the Club showed have treated Doolan with more respect.

5 hours ago, stuart_adam said:

It looks like GC has done an interview with the Evening Times justifying his decision and how it was handled.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/17633201.gary-caldwell-says-he-is-at-partick-thistle-to-be-successful-not-popular-as-he-explains-kris-doolan-decision/

My son was telling me kris posted on his Facebook his won thoughts, I've not gone through the last 2 pages on this thread so perhaps someone has posted the content and this has already been discussed.

Kris said he wished he had had an opportunity to say goodbye properly. Got me thinking if the testimonial game might not go ahead. Wouldnt6surprise me.

I know this is terribly juvenile but I don't want to read or listen to anything that man says. He is an odious individual.

14 hours ago, sb1876 said:

He's a great player and not finished by a long way (unless he has an unknown serious injury or similar).  We wouldn't have been sentimental or cuddly if we'd given him another year, we've just been stupid to let him go IMO.

If Doolan had been at somewhere else for the last 10 years with the record he has and we'd just announced him as our first close season signing, I for one would have been absolutely delighted with our manager and having Kris in our squad.

I sincerely hope he goes onto be a huge success elsewhere and his contribution to Thistle will live on. Thanks Kris for for all the joy, skills and absolute wonder at your touch, effort and committment during the past 10 years.

This is an absolute cracker of a post and a very interesting slant. 

Im getting sick of some folkss crying about Dools. The guy is a legend and folk can get behind him by going to the testimonial events. I bet half the moaners don't put a penny into his testimonial. 
The club has to move forward but all we hear is bad news from those with a mole on the inside playing to their own agendas.

I don't get the 10 minute thing at the end of the game either. I was at the game and nobody was calling for him to come on at the game. More 20/20 hindsight from the knicker wetters. We've got a testimonial game to show our appreciation of him. The club had a dinner in his honour and there was a great comedy night on his behalf with more events to come.

Once a Jag, always a Jag.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Can we compare the 2  players ? Doolan had been there for 10 years and was also part of the coaching staff , Lawless was there for 5 or 6 years . You’re correct that Lawless was told late on re contract talks , the reasons for that were whether Archie stayed or went and also the disparity of the wages that were on offer because we dropped a division . Lawless was kept in the dark for a long time and we eventually  didn’t offer him anything which was probably wrong but Stevie Lawless knew what was going on and his agent was trying to get him fixed up, he didn’t just come in one day to be told that was it .

Good player that Lawless was , he never achieved what Doolan did , record goal scorer , inducted into our Hall of Fame , the Club showed have treated Doolan with more respect.

Difference is for all his fault and many listed on here AA was a nice guy. Caldwell is as far as I can see so far, a complete c@ck

3 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Im getting sick of some folkss crying about Dools. The guy is a legend and folk can get behind him by going to the testimonial events. I bet half the moaners don't put a penny into his testimonial. 
The club has to move forward but all we hear is bad news from those with a mole on the inside playing to their own agendas.

I don't get the 10 minute thing at the end of the game either. I was at the game and nobody was calling for him to come on at the game. More 20/20 hindsight from the knicker wetters. We've got a testimonial game to show our appreciation of him. The club had a dinner in his honour and there was a great comedy night on his behalf with more events to come.

I thought you were away to start another thread 2 days ago. You said you were fed up with all the crying then, yet you are still on this thread. Do make your mind up jagfox.

I used to admire your posts but you're becoming so predictable:frantic:

5 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Difference is for all his fault and many listed on here AA was a nice guy. Caldwell is as far as I can see so far, a complete c@ck

I'd rather have a hard nosed manager at the moment. John Lambie was a tough manager who didn't suffer fools gladly. GC is similar in that he couldn't suffer Dools gladly...

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, jagfox said:

The 10min thing at the end of the game wasn’t/isn’t relevant as it wasn’t out there that Doolan was leaving , the cynic in me would maybe say Caldwell wanted to revel in the glory of keeping us up and that’s why it wasn’t announced 

5 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

I thought you were away to start another thread 2 days ago. You said you were fed up with all the crying then, yet you are still on this thread. Do make your mind up jagfox.

I used to admire your posts but you're becoming so predictable:frantic:

I did, and this puerile pish gets on my tits. I couldn't give a flying duck what you think of my posts. I tend to gloss over yours with the odd cringe.

Also please use the multi quote function and stop clogging up every thread. Thank you x

5 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

The 10min thing at the end of the game wasn’t/isn’t relevant as it wasn’t out there that Doolan was leaving , the cynic in me would maybe say Caldwell wanted to revel in the glory of keeping us up and that’s why it wasn’t announced 

Not sure as I didn't notice GC come up to the fans afterwards. 

I don't think the actual timing of the release dates was much different from last season.

7 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Nobody was calling for a cameo because no one could believe our longest serving player in his testimonial season, who’d been coaching the kids and had just been put through his badges, who would be representing the club at a primary school on Monday  would be shown the door on Wednesday.

There is no agenda from anyone that is getting the streams of leaks from the club bar concern regarding how the club treats employees (not just Doolan), engages with fans, and balances the books.

The day to day handling and running of the club has been a concern to anyone who’s heard any snippets of what’s going on there since before Archie was fired.

The treatment of the ambassadors, the snubbing of sponsors & POTY events by the manager, the lack of content on Jagszone, the personal messages from board members to folk on social media, the squandering of the parachute payment, the training ground BS, the handling of Erskine & Doolan, the lack of banking facilities, the lack of response to emails or phone calls, the lack of accountability of the board to the trusts (biggest shareholders) should be causing alarm.

As you state once a jag always a jag, we are all on that page, we will be there after this board and manager, my fear is what state the club is in when this board moves on.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I did, and this puerile pish gets on my tits. I couldn't give a flying duck what you think of my posts. I tend to gloss over yours with the odd cringe.

Also please use the multi quote function and stop clogging up every thread. Thank you x

Still here I see

6 hours ago, stuart_adam said:

I'm no fan of GC - I'm gutted at Doolz going and at the way in which it was done-however, to be fair to him a lot of what he's saying makes sense. The test will of course be at the end of the coming season. I also think to have arranged a meet the fans event a few days after the Doolz situation broke shows he's either, as someone said in another thread, got balls of steel or he's nuts. He'll not be given an easy ride at Firhill on Wednesday,

45 minutes ago, Big Wull said:

ALWAYS remember his amazing goal at hibs. Ran all the way from the half way line, then cool as you like it dinked over their keeper :) amazing

Yep incredible goal, just annoying that hubs equalised in what I think was literally the last kick of the game otherwise would have been absolutely perfect day