Doolan

javeajag

22 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Great we’ve got an opinion at last , didn’t think he had a right for a contract as you say that’s the managers call but there is a right way to treat people especially a player who has been with us for 10 years and in the middle of his testimonial year and contributed so much on and off the park . Surely this should have been dealt with better rather than Kris getting lumped in with the other free transfers ( McCarthy, Eadie etc )

I’m more critical of Gerry Britton and Jaqui Low for not showing any direction in this , whether that would have been a joint statement to suit both parties or at the very least have told Kris Doolan there was nothing on the table for him weeks before either coaching or playing.

The way this has developed has not only put doubts into the minds of supporters about the manager but also the people who are actually running the Club.

Even though there has been a backlash Gerry Britton and Jaqui Low have said absolutely nothing.

I’ll be at Firhill tomorrow night , be interesting to hear what they’ve got to say .

I agree with you that Low and Britton should be directing how this is done. 

However, the communication regards Doolan was different. There was an item on his departure alone and then later notice of others that were leaving as well.

On the point that has been made elsewhere, I really don’t see how Doolan should have been told weeks ago. We were in the middle of a relegation battle and needed to concentrate on getting out of that.

35 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

However, the communication regards Doolan was different. There was an item on his departure alone and then later notice of others that were leaving as well.

On the point that has been made elsewhere, I really don’t see how Doolan should have been told weeks ago. We were in the middle of a relegation battle and needed to concentrate on getting out of that.

Really ? , you tell a player who has played over 400 games for our club on the day and in his testimonial year that there is nothing there for him , he didn’t even get the chance to tell his wife and family before it was out there in social media .

He was also part of the coaching team helping out Ryan Mcann and Scott Allison so in effect was part of the staff as well .

Think we’ve possibly got different values going on , not the way to treat people at any workplace.

Edited by jlsarmy
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I think the chair or Britton should have been in the room when the news was broken to him. I think it was firstly an important enough decision to warrant that, secondly an opportunity to find a consensual way of damage limitation with kris allowing for leaving on good grounds and thirdly the respect that the guy deserved not to just be punted by a Johnny-come-lately manager. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jaf said:

I think the chair or Britton should have been in the room when the news was broken to him. I think it was firstly an important enough decision to warrant that, secondly an opportunity to find a consensual way of damage limitation with kris allowing for leaving on good grounds and thirdly the respect that the guy deserved not to just be punted by a Johnny-come-lately manager. 

Totally, also for our football club there needs to be options, hypothetically if Caldwell gets sacked at Xmas or sometime in the future, do you really think that Kris would want to come back in any capacity and work for Britton and Low .

Unless I hear any different tonight , I think Kris Doolan has been turned over big time .

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Really ? , you tell a player who has played over 400 games for our club on the day and in his testimonial year that there is nothing there for him , he didn’t even get the chance to tell his wife and family before it was out there in social media .

He was also part of the coaching team helping out Ryan Mcann and Scott Allison so in effect was part of the staff as well .

Think we’ve possibly got different values going on , not the way to treat people at any workplace.

I can’t tell you if the communication to him was different from the others but in terms of communication to the fans it was different.

13 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Eh UK time ? As opposed to non UK time ? Jesus......maybe start a thread on relativity like how your a relative  Thistle fan ? Is it every second year now ? 

You said you were in Australia. Clearly a fail there.