Doolan

javeajag

54 minutes ago, mulguy jag said:

Yes, I noticed that on P and B along with  Vikington  having a meltdown regarding  the thought of doolan wearing a Morton jersey. An absolute clown.

My Brother In Law is a Morton fan and he has said for a few years he would love to have Doolan at Morton. I always said no chance, that Doolan would finish his playing days with Thistle and possibly end up manager. If he joins Morton I will have a meltdown.:angry2:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Hall of Fame dinner for Dools , some of the current players were saying that Kris was getting the same treatment as his pal ( Chris Erskine) and getting frozen out . At that  particular time , Kris had been on the bench for the last 4 games and had no game time at all .

If his teammates were saying that , well you can make up your mind  on that one .

That’s not evidence that Caldwell saw them as a threat 

Doolan got more game time under Caldwell than Archie ....did Archie see him as a threat ?!

11 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

My Brother In Law is a Morton fan and he has said for a few years he would love to have Doolan at Morton. I always said no chance, that Doolan would finish his playing days with Thistle and possibly end up manager. If he joins Morton I will have a meltdown.:angry2:

I think that may have been Doolan,s  thoughts as well. The guy seemed shellshocked on sportsound . 

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

That’s not evidence that Caldwell saw them as a threat 

Doolan got more game time under Caldwell than Archie ....did Archie see him as a threat ?!

Did Archie get rid of him  ?or did Archie see the value of Doolan ?possibly as Doolans goals helped keep us in the SPFL for the previous 4  years .

Football players aren’t daft , they knew he was getting the same treatment as Chris Erskine for whatever reason 

14 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Did Archie get rid of him  ?or did Archie see the value of Doolan ?possibly as Doolans goals helped keep us in the SPFL for the previous 4  years .

Football players aren’t daft , they knew he was getting the same treatment as Chris Erskine for whatever reason 

Let’s agree you have no evidence for your assertion 

Archie hardly played Doolan for 18 months ....why ?

12 minutes ago, javeajag said:

First point acknowledged I see

rarely started as you know 

Sorry I’ll go with his teammates views and Kris Doolan started the majority of the games in Archie’s last 2 seasons 

Need to agree to differ 

It’s interesting to compare the reactions on doolan here v the thistle fans Facebook page ....  there while the manner of his departure may be questioned the decision is often accepted 

It’s a larger group and I think younger than here .... which may have something to do with it  

9 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Hall of Fame dinner for Dools , some of the current players were saying that Kris was getting the same treatment as his pal ( Chris Erskine) and getting frozen out . At that  particular time , Kris had been on the bench for the last 4 games and had no game time at all .

If his teammates were saying that , well you can make up your mind  on that one .

That'll be Bannigan and Harkins then. Surprised the latter - who gatecrashed the event - could string two words together given the state he was in.

21 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Sorry, didn’t realise it was an exclusive discussion.

Why do you say that Lenzie. All I said was thanks and you're having a dig again. Surely you'll have far more interesting things to post.

My friend if 50 years (trust him completely) was at his son's  football game last weekend and got chatting to  one if the people who helped run the other team. My mate was wearing a Thistle training top so the conversation turned to Thistle with the other chap asking my mate's thoughts on Doolan leaving. My mate is one of the nicest people you could meet, and his is the most considerate of people and is a very measured person. His response was that its the managers gig and he needs to be allowed to do his job.

Turns out this chap was Caldwells cousin. He went on to tell my mate that Caldwell told him he identified erskine and dools as his problem children as soon as he arrived and decided quite a while ago they were out. 

As much as I despised Caldwell, it's a fair point that this is his job now and he stands or falls by his decision. I just think he's wrong and very naive.

Been a Jag for as long as i can remember (now 62) and i can never think of another time a legend was treated like this. Never mind the manner it was done but the sheer stupidity of it in footballing terms speaks volumes.

Dont recognise the club these days. Toxic.

Doolz is a Thistle man.So much so that when bigger clubs came calling he chose to stay. While maintaining a level of consistency at SPL level for years he found himself behind Lyle Taylor, Connor Sammon and Ade Azeez ffs!!. Despite all this he maintained his professionalism and dignity throughout.

How can you expect him to continue when you play 10 donkeys beside him,isolate him and shove him in the middle of the park ?. This and the fact we'd played gutless shite for 18 months with no service to the lone striker. This smacks of a decision that has little to do with footballing issues.

Then we come to the lack of class shown by those in charge. Shame on the lot of them. Hope to see him back here soon. Best of luck Kris. A hero to us Jags.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Why do you say that Lenzie. All I said was thanks and you're having a dig again. Surely you'll have far more interesting things to post.

Sometimes we can misread the intent when something is written. Apologies if I got it wrong.

14 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

My friend if 50 years (trust him completely) was at his son's  football game last weekend and got chatting to  one if the people who helped run the other team. My mate was wearing a Thistle training top so the conversation turned to Thistle with the other chap asking my mate's thoughts on Doolan leaving. My mate is one of the nicest people you could meet, and his is the most considerate of people and is a very measured person. His response was that its the managers gig and he needs to be allowed to do his job.

Turns out this chap was Caldwells cousin. He went on to tell my mate that Caldwell told him he identified erskine and dools as his problem children as soon as he arrived and decided quite a while ago they were out. 

As much as I despised Caldwell, it's a fair point that this is his job now and he stands or falls by his decision. I just think he's wrong and very naive.

Think the problem has been at most football clubs the Senior Pros are allowed a say within the dressing room , not undermining the manager but allowed an opinion nonetheless.

This was certainly the case when Archie was there , Doolan and Erskine were allowed an opinion , but obviously Caldwell wants to do things his way . 

Doolan is a huge loss even in terms of coaching the U18s who were doing well , at least Scott Allison recognised the input that Dools had coaching the youngsters .

Huge call from Caldwell, if he doesn’t start the season well , he’ll be gone in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Keiththejag said:

Been a Jag for as long as i can remember (now 62) and i can never think of another time a legend was treated like this. Never mind the manner it was done but the sheer stupidity of it in footballing terms speaks volumes.

Dont recognise the club these days. Toxic.

Doolz is a Thistle man.So much so that when bigger clubs came calling he chose to stay. While maintaining a level of consistency at SPL level for years he found himself behind Lyle Taylor, Connor Sammon and Ade Azeez ffs!!. Despite all this he maintained his professionalism and dignity throughout.

How can you expect him to continue when you play 10 donkeys beside him,isolate him and shove him in the middle of the park ?. This and the fact we'd played gutless shite for 18 months with no service to the lone striker. This smacks of a decision that has little to do with footballing issues.

Then we come to the lack of class shown by those in charge. Shame on the lot of them. Hope to see him back here soon. Best of luck Kris. A hero to us Jags.

There was a jag treated worse - Kenny Watson - not even offered a testimonial for all he did. He was treated considerably worse than Doolan 

12 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

There was a jag treated worse - Kenny Watson - not even offered a testimonial for all he did. He was treated considerably worse than Doolan 

The Club isn't giving Doolan a testimonial. It's individuals working extremely hard behind the scene who are freely forfeiting much time and energy to make his testimonial year a success.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Think the problem has been at most football clubs the Senior Pros are allowed a say within the dressing room , not undermining the manager but allowed an opinion nonetheless.

This was certainly the case when Archie was there , Doolan and Erskine were allowed an opinion , but obviously Caldwell wants to do things his way . 

Doolan is a huge loss even in terms of coaching the U18s who were doing well , at least Scott Allison recognised the input that Dools had coaching the youngsters .

Huge call from Caldwell, if he doesn’t start the season well , he’ll be gone in my opinion.

Yes you’ve said that 8,009,654 times now .....

3 minutes ago, a f kincaid said:

Exactly M'lady.  As I understand it, if a club is seen to have anything to do with a player's testimonial (except donating the use of the ground) HMRC treat any income as earned income and therefore liable to tax.  Happy to be corrected if the rules have changed.   

That's how I read it as well.

In addition Dools isn't allowed to address the fans (tho' he can I think talk on a one to one basis). Coming to think of it Doolan will be an even bigger loss to the Club given he'll have had all that experience in not communicating with the fans.:)