Kris Doolan - a tribute thread.

jagfox

Thanks-Dools-1090x630-900x520.jpg.c4ea1a322bf2eba7028561d4dcdad561.jpg

I was genuinely quite emotional when I found out the news about Kris leaving the club.

Let's have pictures and videos and memories of his time at Thistle on here. 

Once a Jag always a Jag!

Edited by jagfox

Four goals against Accies was pretty special. Not sure when another Thistle player scored four goals in the top flight.

He just always seemed to be a really top guy who stayed at Thistle because he appreciated where he was. He and Chris Erskine will be remembered as a legendary pair, for as long as people talk about Partick Thistle.

Kris i know you will be looking at these posts

i have been a jags fan for over 60 years

i honestly feel ashamed at the way my club has treated you today

you have been  an exceptional player for us, one of the very best

scored some tremendous goals

i have to admit however my  best ever player imo has been jackie campbell, but you Kris are a close second

all the very best  for the future and remember you will always be remembered in the hearts of all the jags supporters

there's only one Kris Doolan    rock on!

My son is only 11 so I'm having to explain why the guy he's grown up watching score goals for Thistle is now no longer able to play for us.

He's grown used to Lawless, Erskine and Doolan so he doesn't know that they are exceptional talents.

I suspect by the time he is my age he will appreciate how fortunate he was to see them play in their prime but he's struggling to say anything positive at this point.

So I'll say it for him. Thanks Kris, its been a pleasure watching you and if you happen to end up at livingston with Erskine and Lawless I think we'll be taking in a few of their games.

Seven years ago, at Firhill on the last home game of the season, my daughter (who was 9 at the time) was the mascot accompanying Kris out onto the pitch.

Before the last home game of this season l asked her if she remembered it and showed her the picture taken of her and Kris. She said yes and that he was really nice to her. 

My daughter doesn't take an interest in football now, but the foremost memory she has of Thistle (outwith me talking about them all this time) is you being a really nice, good guy on the day she was a mascot.  

Thank you for that Kris. I hope you're back at Firhill soon.

IMG_20190509_212403.jpg

Hi kris absolutely gutted that you are gone I am a proud owner of one of your signed tops from2 years ago it has pride of place on my wall framed and there as a great reminder of what  a legend you are to me and all the rest of the fans 

I will keep it on the wall and it will only come down when I take it for you to sign when you take over as manager I so hope this happens your a true jag as you have proved over the years hope you come back to bite Caldwell’s arse next season thanks again for all the great times you gave us my fav was the ha trick against Hamilton a great night to be a jag all the best legend that you are

1 minute ago, dl1971 said:

I said it on another thread but echo all off the above. A true Thistle great. If we see another Kris Doolan in our lifetime we will be very lucky indeed.

certainly not at firhill, unfortunately

still can't believe it

for a team our size  to let a player of this calibre go is imo incompetent