gerry britton- where are you

So Gerry if you think Dools was surplus to requirements how do you think your doing in your job take yourself Lowe and that charlatan Caldwell and leave and give the fans something  good to come out of this absolute shambles of a season 

There has been more Doolan threads started today than the amount of goals he has scored in the last 2 seasons. Aye he’s a legend but he hasn’t kicked many balls in two seasons. At least Caldwell has made the decision and not being told who to sign or play by a chairman like that Greenock mob! We’ve had better players then Doolan leave us and we’ve been fine. 

Just now, jags on tour said:

There has been more Doolan threads started today than the amount of goals he has scored in the last 2 seasons. Aye he’s a legend but he hasn’t kicked many balls in two seasons. At least Caldwell has made the decision and not being told who to sign or play by a chairman like that Greenock mob! We’ve had better players then Doolan leave us and we’ve been fine. 

Spot on

6 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

Who? And we are fine now?

As I said I love Dools and sad he’s gone but the fact that Barton, Erskine and Spittal have won the last 3 POTY’s votes by the fans shows Dools hasn’t been our best player each season. We were gutted when the likes of ATS, Sod, Higgy, Lyle Taylor, Lindsay left, we’ll find someone new. If we had kept playing Dools and not bothered signing SMcD I don’t think we would’ve scored or created enough goals to keep us up. 

4 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

As I said I love Dools and sad he’s gone but the fact that Barton, Erskine and Spittal have won the last 3 POTY’s votes by the fans shows Dools hasn’t been our best player each season. We were gutted when the likes of ATS, Sod, Higgy, Lyle Taylor, Lindsay left, we’ll find someone new. If we had kept playing Dools and not bothered signing SMcD I don’t think we would’ve scored or created enough goals to keep us up. 

Agreed. To me Doolan did not fit in with Caldwell's tactics and when he did have chances he didn't put them away as I would have expected previouly. I'll be at his testimonial to pay tribute to a club legend. Also the manner his departure has been handled was deplorable.

To me Lindsay was the biggest miss out of all of these and was probably the difference between staying in the SPL and getting relegated.

8 minutes ago, flashman said:

Agreed. To me Doolan did not fit in with Caldwell's tactics and when he did have chances he didn't put them away as I would have expected previouly. I'll be at his testimonial to pay tribute to a club legend. Also the manner his departure has been handled was deplorable.

To me Lindsay was the biggest miss out of all of these and was probably the difference between staying in the SPL and getting relegated.

Aye it’s bollocks Dools didn’t get some game time on Saturday as he knew he was leaving, a similar situation when Kenny Arthur was leaving and didn’t get to play the last game of the season. GC will need to have a roaring start next year or the fans will turn on him after 2 or 3 games next year, we shall wait to see who comes in. 

Absolutely loved having Kris Doolan at our club but last season wasn't great and this season has been very poor. For me it's the right decision to let him go.  We need better than Kris is currently offering if we are going to progress. The ball is firmly in Caldwell’s court. 

thistle no longer the club i have supported for 67yrs they way doolan was treated yesterday was shocking the present board do not have thistle at heart and are on ego trips g.b j.l g.c have a lot to answer to so sad to see my my club is no longer in touch with the fans this whole eposide has been handled with total disrepect to doolan and the fans who are the heart of the club i would hope to hear a statement from j.l and not the rubbish sprouted on earlier g.bwhere do you stand with this the fans respect you but you now seen to have changed since your appointment i know a lot of fans who are dusgussed with the way doolan has been treated by i club the fans used to respect but a lot of damamanged has now now been done looks like the fans are now against the board and g.c this is not the way to go foreward to next season