A night with GC

dl1971

"Genuine football insight into his plans for the summer" - "how the team has developed since October" - "training & tactics" - "in depth match & video analysis"??? This sounds like an updated version of how he sold himself to the board prior to his appointment!

1 hour ago, QXBoy said:

"Genuine football insight into his plans for the summer" - "how the team has developed since October" - "training & tactics" - "in depth match & video analysis"??? This sounds like an updated version of how he sold himself to the board prior to his appointment!

No point in going then cheers 

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Except you have never heard him talk in person .....

Yeah maybe I could learn something along the way with his power point presentation, his flow graphs and his ‘ buzzwords ‘ , maybe even Gerry and JLow will be there as well .

17 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Yeah maybe I could learn something along the way with his power point presentation, his flow graphs and his ‘ buzzwords ‘ , maybe even Gerry and JLow will be there as well .

It will be really funny if Caldwell does well next season with the added benefit that you’ll be speechless 

• Like 1

I'm keen to get along to this if possible. I think its only fair to hear him out plus I'm genuinely interested to know what passes for "genuine football insight"

With today's article in the evening times its hard to see how this event now helps him. In the newspaper article he's pretty much accepting that the supporters don't like him. So what can he say that will bring those in that camp back on board?

However its not difficult to imagine him saying something that further aggravates the relationship.

He's clearly believes in himself but the potential for it going badly wrong is quite high

Looking forward to hearing what Mr Caldwell has to say, also looking forward to asking some questions which may not arise from his Powerpoint Presentation !!!!.

We managed 6th in the league due to the recruitment he made in January.

What other manager could have persuaded Skippy to sign for us. 

Our fitness definitely improved since his arrival.

Our last minute panics have not disappeared but mentality is definitely is improving.

I genuinely hope the Chairman and CEO are also in attendance, they probably have more to answer than the manager.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Prince of Partick said:

Looking forward to hearing what Mr Caldwell has to say, also looking forward to asking some questions which may not arise from his Powerpoint Presentation !!!!.

We managed 6th in the league due to the recruitment he made in January.

What other manager could have persuaded Skippy to sign for us. 

Our fitness definitely improved since his arrival.

Our last minute panics have not disappeared but mentality is definitely is improving.

I genuinely hope the Chairman and CEO are also in attendance, they probably have more to answer than the manager.

Steady on!

I take your point in that there are areas, communication being the most obvious one, that need to be improved but that is not the manager's role. The manager is essentially the face of the club so he takes all the flack when there are issues but when things go well others get the credit.

I'm usually a mug for these events and rarely miss them. This "meet the manager" shindig is normally held at the Training Day around the start of the season and for obvious reasons a more preferable time of the year to hear about the season ahead. Holding it next week smacks of some sort of reactive PR exercise, possibly aligned to punt season tickets. 

Anyways I shouldn't really prejudge. As Darren Brady once said "fearing not that I'd become my enemy in the instant that I preach". So we should feel grateful to the Club for opening up a communication channel even if it is a one off gig.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Steady on!

I take your point in that there are areas, communication being the most obvious one, that need to be improved but that is not the manager's role. The manager is essentially the face of the club so he takes all the flack when there are issues but when things go well others get the credit.

The manager blithely dismisses to a journalist about the manner in which Doolan was told and then the Club told the world before he could even tell his wife.

At that point it is his role.

Just now, javeajag said:

It will be really funny if Caldwell does well next season with the added benefit that you’ll be speechless 

I hope he does well. Because that means Thistle are doing well. I wont manage to the night. But I will be interested to hear from those fans that manage to go. Might there be a podcast after it.?

15 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

The manager blithely dismisses to a journalist about the manner in which Doolan was told and then the Club told the world before he could even tell his wife.

Go and challenge him about what he said/didn't say. Go and get an insight from the horses mouth. 

A section of our support need to chill out. We slated the club for not making big decisions and now we slate them for making big decisions. We slated them for being silent and for hiding and now we slate them for coming out to show us their plans.Could the Doolan situation been handled with a bit more tact absolutely but nobody has died let’s chill out folks.

even the biggest Caldwell hater can’t deny an upturn in our fortunes from January. He’s most definitely recruited better (Harkins and Roy excluded)  and I for one am excited about who he will recruit this summer. Is he arrogant and hard to like absolutely but I couldn’t care as long as we’re moving in the right direction.

The club needs a complete overhaul and it  needs  its fans behind it. Let’s move on and look forward to next season.

cmon the Jags

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Even if he thought it was right to treat any player that way and discard Doolan without a thought , where was Gerry Britton and Jaqui Low to maybe direct him otherwise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

They’re also culpable.

Just find it pretty strange after the relationship that Doolan had with guys like Britton over a long period of time and the nonsense that Jaqui Low said privately and also publicly at Kris’s Hall of Fame dinner .  

Brittons and Low’s silence is deafening, the meet the manager is just a damage limitation excercise .

Why would you have a meet the manager night 10 days after the season finished , at this point there is no season tickets on sale , no new signings.

Are we going there to thank Gary for keeping us up .

PR bullshit

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Just find it pretty strange after the relationship that Doolan had with guys like Britton over a long period of time and the nonsense that Jaqui Low said privately and also publicly at Kris’s Hall of Fame dinner .  

Brittons and Low’s silence is deafening, the meet the manager is just a damage limitation excercise .

Why would you have a meet the manager night 10 days after the season finished , at this point there is no season tickets on sale , no new signings.

Are we going there to thank Gary for keeping us up .

PR bullshit

Its a Knee Jerk reaction - obviously the idea is meet those who complain face to face on the basis they are “keyboard warriors” - quote a lot of stats  - give warm reassuring responses like “ strong and stable” takes the heat out of things - tough it out - rely on blind loyalty from fans to renew Season Tickets - any awkward questions - inane response - move on to next questioner quickly