A night with GC

dl1971

21 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

It's pretty simple. The meet the manager evening is an opportunity to challenge GC on issues you see fit. If you don't take the opportunity to put your concerns directly to the man concerned it seems to me that you don't have real confidence in your viewpoint. It's like moaning about an election result when you don't actually vote. It also smacks of a closed mind. How can you say their silence is deafening when you have the opportunity to hear the spoken word? 

And if someone can’t make it? Given it’s been organised at less than a week’s notice in a move that reeks of panic following the disaster of last week? Is that person still allowed to criticise Caldwell/the club or is that their chance gone?

• Like 1

On 5/5/2019 at 10:47 AM, fenski said:

On the game - Bannigan was immense. Don't see how we can hold on to him when he's on that form.

On the train back to Glasgow - collective apologies to 'neutral' passengers and train driver. Some of our supporters can't handle their drink... Hope the psycho in the toilet queue got arrested...

On 5/9/2019 at 3:57 PM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Fair points but it should be accepted that the manager's decisions are short term decisions. We're not just losing Doolan the aging player. We're losing a genuine professional and one of the best ambassadors and role models the Club has ever had. I doubt the long term interests of the Club are being well served here. 

LIB, couldn't agree more.

10 hours ago, dl1971 said:

Go and challenge him about what he said/didn't say. Go and get an insight from the horses mouth. 

If it’s all the same to you I think I’ll pass on paying £250 in rail fares on an 11 hour round trip, taking a day off work, including a morning train leaving Central at 4.30am to avoid taking a second off, at three working days’ notice just to be patronised to **** by Doctor Required In Inflator Room about why he doesn’t want to be popular.

49 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

It's pretty simple. The meet the manager evening is an opportunity to challenge GC on issues you see fit. If you don't take the opportunity to put your concerns directly to the man concerned it seems to me that you don't have real confidence in your viewpoint. It's like moaning about an election result when you don't actually vote. It also smacks of a closed mind. How can you say their silence is deafening when you have the opportunity to hear the spoken word? 

So really what you’re saying that our fan base of 3500 fans should turn up next Wednesday to hear the spoken word and make their judgement .

What a way to treat your paying customers 

That makes sense 

1 hour ago, dl1971 said:

Because not everyone can make the meet the manager night on a couple of days notice - or does that not suit your argument ? Like we are scared to challenge them face to face ? Seriously ?   

Some points regarding the PTFC website announcement about this event. Firstly it is an evening with Mr.Caldwell - no mention of the Chairperson or the CEO being there.  Secondly it offers "a chance for the supporters to CHAT with the manager". That doesn't sound like a press conference type of discussion where answers to questions are heard by all those present. Oh, and just for clarification for those who think that anyone with an opinion should be there, I will be unable to attend - 6500 miles there and 6500 miles back is too much!

7 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Because not everyone can make the meet the manager night on a couple of days notice - or does that not suit your argument ? Like we are scared to challenge them face to face ? Seriously ?   

This.

9 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

So really what you’re saying that our fan base of 3500 fans should turn up next Wednesday to hear the spoken word and make their judgement .

What a way to treat your paying customers 

That makes sense 

No I'm specifically talking about those with an axe to grind as you well know. Of the 3500 hardcore support only a small minority have been uber critical. I accept people can't make it BUT you are now blaming GC for that also. Maybe he should visit you one by one at a time convienent to you all. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Keyboard warriors it appears. 

2 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

No I'm specifically talking about those with an axe to grind as you well know. Of the 3500 hardcore support only a small minority have been uber critical. I accept people can't make it BUT you are now blaming GC for that also. Maybe he should visit you one by one at a time convienent to you all. 

I’m not blaming anybody but the Club and Gary Caldwell is part of that .

Britton and Low have been ridiculously quiet over Kris Doolans departure and it looks like Caldwell has been told to front some Meet the Manager night possibly as a damage limitation exercise because I believe they messed up big time.

Can’t see any other reason for a Meet the Manager at this time , 10 days after we managed to stay in the league on the last day , no season tickets on sale , no transfer dealings as such as that won’t happen till June / July  till contracts run out and the transfer window opens 

I hope you’re not that naive to think there isn’t an agenda there .

1 hour ago, dl1971 said:

I would have thought we would maybe have about nearer 2500  of a core support. How many of them are hard? I couldn't guess.

Edited by scotty

I understand that the average time between an Archie meet the manager announcement  and the event was was 8,2 days ....the announcement on Caldwell was 6 days .....clearly this shows that the manager turning up less than 8.2 days means he’s trying to ensure no one turns up ....I also know that he won’t turn up , won’t answer any questions and won’t agree with any points I make ......

• Like 1

7 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

Can't make this "chat" but in line with the earlier thread on the Reserve League, could someone ask if a) is it true Thistle are withdrawing from the league? and b) if so, how do they intend to bridge the gap to develop younger players for the 1st team squad?  Cheers.

Which would lead neatly on to some sharp questions about the Training Ground.

8 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

I’m not blaming anybody but the Club and Gary Caldwell is part of that .

Britton and Low have been ridiculously quiet over Kris Doolans departure and it looks like Caldwell has been told to front some Meet the Manager night possibly as a damage limitation exercise because I believe they messed up big time.

Can’t see any other reason for a Meet the Manager at this time , 10 days after we managed to stay in the league on the last day , no season tickets on sale , no transfer dealings as such as that won’t happen till June / July  till contracts run out and the transfer window opens 

I hope you’re not that naive to think there isn’t an agenda there .

Maybe everyone that goes will get an envelope to put suggestions of who to sign ?

5 minutes ago, stuart_adam said:

I must admit I'm disappointed this isn't going to be filmed for Jagzone. Already the club fleece us for £6 a month but what do we get during the off-season? Not much...

Somebody done a podcast for the meet the manage, he did. I think it was in November last year, it was then posted on this forum. Would be good if somebody could do that with this. Not everybody will manage, but I am sure we are all interested in what is said.