A night with GC

dl1971

3 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

You’ve worked up there JJ , when do you think the free transfers were sanctioned by the Board / Chief Executive .

I can’t believe Gerry Britton’s role in this , he must have worked alongside Kris in various roles over the last 10 years 

The Chairman was in the Press stating they had there plans ready for next Season Start of the week - that didnt happen over the weekend - they would have budget and Player list fir staying up ( or going down ) in advance - it didnt happen overnight  

9 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Unfortunately, I did not make the cut for the presentation [but am on a reserve list] The message from the club did say the whole thing will be filmed and shown at a later date.

Fingers crossed it does not turn into an episode of the Jeremy Kyle show.

Suspect they will ask the attendees  who wish to ask a question to write it down and hand it to whomever,that way they will have some control over what is said,and give Mr Caldwell a chance to peruse the Questions,hopefully it stays sensible.Be interesting to see if Messers Low and Britton appear to back up The Manager and also give an insight as how they feel that the departure of Kris Doolan has reflected on the Club.

1 hour ago, falklandal1 said:

Suspect they will ask the attendees  who wish to ask a question to write it down and hand it to whomever,that way they will have some control over what is said,and give Mr Caldwell a chance to peruse the Questions,hopefully it stays sensible.Be interesting to see if Messers Low and Britton appear to back up The Manager and also give an insight as how they feel that the departure of Kris Doolan has reflected on the Club.

To be fair, at the last meet the manager event they took questions from the floor. I doubt they’d do anything other than that again.

For all I think the event is very much a panic move and for all my criticism of Caldwell, I do hugely respect the fact he’s willing to participate in this. Maybe it’s arrogance, maybe it’s bravery, but I think facing (what I presume might be) some hostile questioning is to be credited. That doesn’t detract from the wider issues at play though, obviously. 

Edited by KemoAvdiu
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

To be fair, at the last meet the manager event they took questions from the floor. I doubt they’d do anything other than that again.

For all I think the event is very much a panic move and for all my criticism of Caldwell, I do hugely respect the fact he’s willing to participate in this. Maybe it’s arrogance, maybe it’s bravery, but I think facing (what I presume might be) some hostile questioning is to be credited. That doesn’t detract from the wider issues at play though, obviously. 

Maybe he is being thrown to the wolves? 

Pity is not Wolves FC.

As long as it's not edited, you know how these producers can be. Some gentle mood musak to reign you in, then bang, bit orchestral piece as the bad guy gets his comeuppance 

13 hours ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Being comfortable in uncomfortable situations is one of his mantras :whistling:

• Like 1

Maybe its my long association with Thistle but I am not expecting a great deal of interesting news from tonight.

Think it might be used to announce - back to training dates, training camps, friendlies, fitness changes, at best maybe a signing like Lewis Mansell.

Would like to know about what is happening with the reserves, youth progression to first team, a direction for style of play or type of player we are after, but for several reasons I think it will be quite light on information.

I think anybody going with the hope that an explanation or apology for the last couple of seasons performance or communication issues is out of luck.

The current board or management team seem unlikely to do that.

1 hour ago, Juanito said:

Maybe its my long association with Thistle but I am not expecting a great deal of interesting news from tonight.

Think it might be used to announce - back to training dates, training camps, friendlies, fitness changes, at best maybe a signing like Lewis Mansell.

Would like to know about what is happening with the reserves, youth progression to first team, a direction for style of play or type of player we are after, but for several reasons I think it will be quite light on information.

I think anybody going with the hope that an explanation or apology for the last couple of seasons performance or communication issues is out of luck.

The current board or management team seem unlikely to do that.

Agree on all points. Would add that an update re any scouting team and where they operate would be good to know, given at the last meet the manager event it was disclosed that we didn't have one. Which is a club issue and not my trying to have another dig at GC.