A night with GC

dl1971

43 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

Can someone who is going tonight please ask the question why he let Andy McCarthy go??.A young lad who came through the academy and any time  he was on the park looked ok...

I don’t think he started a league game this season? Certainly not under GC and when he did play he looked like he was towing a cart. Seemed to struggle with injuries as well. On a squad basis, no loss, imo but good luck to him and I hope he gets his career back on track. If that’s what he wants to do.

5 hours ago, jagfox said:

I don’t think he started a league game this season? Certainly not under GC and when he did play he looked like he was towing a cart. Seemed to struggle with injuries as well. On a squad basis, no loss, imo but good luck to him and I hope he gets his career back on track. If that’s what he wants to do.

You sobered up now, boy?

Im intrigued. Come on, tell me you're not intrigued. The legendary PowerPoint presentation being brought to the wider Thistle public. It's crazy and brave and slightly (if I'm being generous) egotistical. But I don't want to knock it. It's inclusive, it's giving the fans something. I'm really looking forward to the feedback.

I particularly want to know if he can get the animations working in the right order. I always mess that up.

No. Not being cynical, seriously, it's interesting,

Well, it was an interesting evening. I think Caldwell deserves credit for doing it, and facing the fans.

The reaction was at best mixed when the subject of Doolan was brought up. Caldwell said he recognised he's a club legend but he was judging purely on his performance since he arrived. Gerry conceeded it could have been handled better, but also said Kris still wants to play full time, and said he knows he's already had offers elsewhere.

Coulibaly is gone when his contract is up; Caldwell told us about his poor attitude.

Lots of other things mentioned but it was all taped anyway.

12 minutes ago, Sinistar said:

wlw50o.jpg

5 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

Well, it was an interesting evening. I think Caldwell deserves credit for doing it, and facing the fans.

The reaction was at best mixed when the subject of Doolan was brought up. Caldwell said he recognised he's a club legend but he was judging purely on his performance since he arrived. Gerry conceeded it could have been handled better, but also said Kris still wants to play full time, and said he knows he's already had offers elsewhere.

Coulibaly is gone when his contract is up; Caldwell told us about his poor attitude.

Thanks for the updates.

8 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

Cheers WoS.

Weak, weak justification for binning a Club legend in his testimonial year. Nae empathy or sensitivity shown. 

Shameful.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

I was a Caldwell fan prior to tonight and nothing has changed. The guy has a plan and knows if it doesn’t work on his head be it. Can see the level of detail that is analyses on a weekly basis. Explained Doolan hasn’t been good enough since he arrived and who really can disagree?  Genuinely think Caldwell could go far in the game and hopefully the start of that is with us

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

Have to slightly disagree with how you've given Gerry's answer to the Doolan question. He said it maybe could have been handled better. I know it's only a subtle difference, but it certainly wasn't an answer which fully accepted that the way he was allowed to leave was poor.

We won’t be entered into the reserve league this season. Glasgow cup games and friendliest will be arranged if required.

Hope to have around 16 in for start of preseason which will be started earlier than any other team.

Coulibaly wasn’t turning up to meetings and was persistently late for training. 

Training ground delayed as developers wanting access road to be dual carriages and the land required is owned by the company we outbid. Developers wanting us to put in extras such as street lighting and bus stops. May have to look at Plan B if the club can get out of this contract.

8 minutes ago, sandy said:

No Stuart & Tam, wus just reading the commentary ;)

How come your so interested in what is going on anyway Sandy?

last week you posted you were so angry at what was going on at the club you were giving it a break for a year and would see everyone again in season 2020/2021 :happy2:

4 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

I don't think he has given up on Thistle. He said he wasn't renewing his season ticket. Not the same as giving up on the club.

Il not post any more on this thread but don’t why he would post on a thread - see you all again in season 2020-2021, after saying that’s me done for next season giving it a break for a year