A night with GC

dl1971

2 hours ago, sandy said:

Nae hiding necessary, I’ve seen him face-to-face 3 times mate!

Well you have another opportunity to espouse your views again rather than on this forum. A opportunity to show off your wit and knowledge?

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Just find it pretty strange after the relationship that Doolan had with guys like Britton over a long period of time and the nonsense that Jaqui Low said privately and also publicly at Kris’s Hall of Fame dinner .  

Brittons and Low’s silence is deafening, the meet the manager is just a damage limitation excercise .

Why would you have a meet the manager night 10 days after the season finished , at this point there is no season tickets on sale , no new signings.

Are we going there to thank Gary for keeping us up .

PR bullshit

Go and call him out then. You are vehemently against him so go and articulate your thoughts. Who knows you might end up with the truth. Easiest thing in the world to slaughter someone on social media. A tad more difficult face to face.....

13 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Go and call him out then. You are vehemently against him so go and articulate your thoughts. Who knows you might end up with the truth. Easiest thing in the world to slaughter someone on social media. A tad more difficult face to face.....

Who Gerry Britton, Caldwell or Jaquie Low ?

32 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Ok - at the AGM I asked a specific question about how we could afford to fund the Running Costs of New Training Ground - the response I was given was a vague- it was still being discussed - and I was given assurances it wouldn't be to the detriment of Partick Thisle plus no more than we were paying just now  - which all sounds good - only problem is - still dont know how we can afford paying for a large Training Complex Running Costs - so what you are likely to get is warm cosy words - its not a matter of JLS not being willing to face them up - he is on the Trust Board so sees the  Club Board more than most of us - its a case of are you going to get any real answers ?    

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

13 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok - at the AGM I asked a specific question about how we could afford to fund the Running Costs of New Training Ground - the response I was given was a vague- it was still being discussed - and I was given assurances it wouldn't be to the detriment of Partick Thisle plus no more than we were paying just now  - which all sounds good - only problem is - still dont know how we can afford paying for a large Training Complex Running Costs - so what you are likely to get is warm cosy words - its not a matter of JLS not being willing to face them up - he is on the Trust Board so sees the  Club Board more than most of us - its a case of are you going to get any real answers ?    

To be fair doubt Caldwell is the person with all the knowledge of the training ground - more likely to be the board members etc who deal with that side of it

46 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

If you read the posts , I’m just as critical of Gerry Britton and Jaqui Low , to balance things up I’ll take on board that Caldwell is just in the door at our Club , has no affiliation to us and probably didn’t know the backlash he was going to get or doesn’t care if you give someone like Kris Doolan 1 hours notice he had lost both jobs at PTFC player and U18s coach after 10 years service at PTFC

If you think that’s the way you treat people in what is being thrown about as a “ Family Club “ “Community Club “ then we’re in trouble.

Totally get the bit that Caldwell should be in charge of the team albeit I think he should have a remit .

Interesting article in the newspaper today with Steven Mcclean of Hearts saying he was helping some of the strikers with his experience on and off the park , Kris Doolan was already doing that within the club and his coaching at U18s as I’ve been told by my nephew was second to none and he had been at Celtic for 4 years ( coached by Michael O’halloran )

If you don’t think Kris was an asset to our Club as either a player, coach or even an ambassador to our Club to get more people on board that’s absolutely fine. 

You’re entitled to your opinion , just think mine might be a bit different to yours .

• Like 5

He’s unlikely to tell us specifically who he is targeting and likewise he is unlikely to break confidence and share his true thoughts about the players that have left the club. So what you will get is a night of discussion about his ‘philosophy’ and his intent for the direction of the club - wee spoiler it will be to sign players with the ‘right character’ and to get us back to ‘where we belong’. Being realistic can anyone see it being anything else?

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

If you read the posts , I’m just as critical of Gerry Britton and Jaqui Low , to balance things up I’ll take on board that Caldwell is just in the door at our Club , has no affiliation to us and probably didn’t know the backlash he was going to get or doesn’t care if you give someone like Kris Doolan 1 hours notice he had lost both jobs at PTFC player and U18s coach after 10 years service at PTFC

If you think that’s the way you treat people in what is being thrown about as a “ Family Club “ “Community Club “ then we’re in trouble.

Totally get the bit that Caldwell should be in charge of the team albeit I think he should have a remit .

Interesting article in the newspaper today with Steven Mcclean of Hearts saying he was helping some of the strikers with his experience on and off the park , Kris Doolan was already doing that within the club and his coaching at U18s as I’ve been told by my nephew was second to none and he had been at Celtic for 4 years ( coached by Michael O’halloran )

If you don’t think Kris was an asset to our Club as either a player, coach or even an ambassador to our Club to get more people on board that’s absolutely fine. 

You’re entitled to your opinion , just think mine might be a bit different to yours .

I think Kris was undoubtedly an asset to the club across a range of issues. I'm also not particularly enamoured on how he left albeit I don't have all the facts. Which is why I'm suggesting asking him direct how it was handled. If people don't want to confront...if that's the right word I personally think that shows a lack of bravery. I'm sure someone will ask him about Doolan. Someone should.

19 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

I think Kris was undoubtedly an asset to the club across a range of issues. I'm also not particularly enamoured on how he left albeit I don't have all the facts. Which is why I'm suggesting asking him direct how it was handled. If people don't want to confront...if that's the right word I personally think that shows a lack of bravery. I'm sure someone will ask him about Doolan. Someone should.

You  also have to factor in Work Commitments or distance plus short notice means that not everyone can make the Meet the Manager Night - so its a quantum leap to equate it lack of bravery  - I think like all of these things it will be a PR Whitewash and  he will through up lots of stats - like "do you know how many shots at Goal we had in the last 10 Games " as he did last time - the bottom line is a large part of  the Support are not convinced on him or the Board and the "New Direction" thats a problem as we have few enough Fans as it is ... 

So they can PR until the Cows come home - to date they have not delivered anything of note on the park or off it - thats the measure - lots of Press Interviews doesn't change that pertinent fact - my view is GC got lucky with Mcdonald - no one could have seen how well he adapted after a Two Year Lay off - No one - so Mcdonald was the key - can he repeat it with Boyd - who knows but its not exactly "a New Direction"   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I'll move on and get behind it when I'm satisfied that the complete overhaul is in the right hands. I'll shelve my cynicism for the time being, starting with this meet the manager night. 

I agree with this. There is more to a football club than success. There is also a culture that goes along with it. Caldwell has said that he is here to be successful and if he isn’t he will lose his job. However, the way it is done could damage the club for some time. It seems to me though that the change is being allowed by those at the top.

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

To be fair doubt Caldwell is the person with all the knowledge of the training ground - more likely to be the board members etc who deal with that side of it

Mat - it was an example of how even if you ask a straight question face to face - your unlikely to get a proper answer - I agree Mcdonald has no knowledge of the Training Ground - its a bit like the lost Holy Grail - will it ever be found 

2 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Just keep asking the questions until you get the answer

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

You  also have to factor in Work Commitments or distance plus short notice means that not everyone can make the Meet the Manager Night - so its a quantum leap to equate it lack of bravery  - I think like all of these things it will be a PR Whitewash and  he will through up lots of stats - like "do you know how many shots at Goal we had in the last 10 Games " as he did last time - the bottom line is a large part of  the Support are not convinced on him or the Board and the "New Direction" thats a problem as we have few enough Fans as it is ... 

So they can PR until the Cows come home - to date they have not delivered anything of note on the park or off it - thats the measure - lots of Press Interviews doesn't change that pertinent fact - my view is GC got lucky with Mcdonald - no one could have seen how well he adapted after a Two Year Lay off - No one - so Mcdonald was the key - can he repeat it with Boyd - who knows but its not exactly "a New Direction"   

Excuses excuses. I'll predict none of the Caldwell liberation front will be at the meeting. Or am I mistaken? 

3 hours ago, dl1971 said:

Not sure why the supporters have to be brave , surely the facts should be out there already through Jaqui Low and Gerry Britton instead of going to a Caldwell damage limitation exercise to try and prise out details of Doolans departure 

Because their silence is deafening, you can probably come to the assumption that they’re embarrassed how they’ve ballsed up , not sure why the supporters have to piece this together.

4 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Not sure why the supporters have to be brave , surely the facts should be out there already through Jaqui Low and Gerry Britton instead of going to a Caldwell damage limitation exercise to try and prise out details of Doolans departure 

Because their silence is deafening, you can probably come to the assumption that they’re embarrassed how they’ve ballsed up , not sure why the supporters have to piece this together.

It's pretty simple. The meet the manager evening is an opportunity to challenge GC on issues you see fit. If you don't take the opportunity to put your concerns directly to the man concerned it seems to me that you don't have real confidence in your viewpoint. It's like moaning about an election result when you don't actually vote. It also smacks of a closed mind. How can you say their silence is deafening when you have the opportunity to hear the spoken word?