This forum

scotty

I've always found the forum a good place to keep in touch with Thistle things during the summer when there's no matches.

This closed season though it's beginning to look like it will be a good place to avoid as I can't see any topic not turning into an excuse to have a go at the manager, board and chief exec.

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, scotty said:

I've always found the forum a good place to keep in touch with Thistle things during the summer when there's no matches.

This closed season though it's beginning to look like it will be a good place to avoid as I can't see any topic not turning into an excuse to have a go at the manager, board and chief exec.

Quite frankly they all deserve criticism at this moment. Are you afraid of that?

32 minutes ago, scotty said:

You forgot to add: “...and each other”.

The level of interaction here makes Fox News look nuanced. I barely visit nowadays and whenever I drop by it’s clear I haven’t missed much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scotty said:

Agreed. Unremittingly tedious from certain people.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 5:29 PM, scotty said:

If the cap fits

On 5/11/2019 at 6:04 PM, marcia blaine said:

You forgot to add: “...and each other”.

The level of interaction here makes Fox News look nuanced. I barely visit nowadays and whenever I drop by it’s clear I haven’t missed much.

On 5/11/2019 at 6:39 PM, stolenscone said:

Agreed. Unremittingly tedious from certain people.

Any thoughts about how the forum could be jazzed up a bit?

10 minutes ago, allyo said:

I'm really enjoying the constant adverts for things I've already bought

My forum experience is gloriously advert-free: Opera browser with the built-in ad-blocker turned on.

That wasn't an advert for Opera, by the way. Other browsers are available.

19 minutes ago, ScottyDFA said:

Any thoughts about how the forum could be jazzed up a bit?

Tinsel.

In all seriousness, I do think it's a mental health issue for some people - take a break; in true Ivan Golac style "smell the flowers".

The need to bring every topic back to the same point, made in the same way, again and again is enough to drive anyone loopy, but it's a scab that a lot of people on both sides of the fence (I hesitate to call it a "debate") can't help picking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stolenscone said:

The need to bring every topic back to the same point, made in the same way, again and again is enough to drive anyone loopy, but it's a scab that a lot of people on both sides of the fence (I hesitate to call it a "debate") can't help picking.

Agree entirely. You can say that again. :thumbsup2:

Oops! 

On 5/11/2019 at 5:29 PM, scotty said:

Well said.  Agree with this. Good for news and discussion but sometimes to find the points in a thread you have to wade through several pages of utter shite. Just tit for tat name calling and nonsense.

In football things change.  At times during his spell at Thistle I’ve wanted Christie Elliot out the door but at others he has done great and I remember being desperate for him to come back from long term injury cos I felt the team really missed his energy. Not sure I want to spend half a day justifying the day I said he was rubbish when I now think he’s good and we’ll miss him.

I’m old school and I think on a football forum you should be able to say anything even if it offends but I also think admin should step in sooner when the childish stuff runs on and on without context or point.

Anyway, we’re all thistle fans and as such should have a bit of class. Argue and fall out with each other but keep it relevant.

Maybe we'll be able to judge how negative the forum is after tomorrow night. We're led to believe it's a sell out so will be a fairer representation of the fanbase as a whole. If Low, Britton & Caldwell get a standing ovation and cheered off their soapboxes I'd certainly concede that this place is too dark. Personally I feel the forum is a bit on the negative side but sense that's only natural. Kinda like when you get a bad meal or service at a restaurant you tell loads of folk about your experience. When everything is hunky dory you tend to not tell so many.   

It is due to the last two seasons 

this place ace is miserable and so too is the JH stand recently. It isn’t helping anyone.

its like sitting crying into your pint and then someone arrives and says “ you think you’ve got it bad....”

im not into positive incantations but I do believe that you get what you focus on 

• Administrators

The quality of the forum is certainly not helped by a small, but vocal, number of posters that can't seem to avoid making every 'debate' an exercise in point scoring against each other. 

Personally I couldn't care less if you think Gary Caldwell is the greatest manager in the world or even worse than Derek Johnstone. Just try and make your point without coming across as a petulant toddler. 

7 hours ago, admin said:

The quality of the forum is certainly not helped by a small, but vocal, number of posters that can't seem to avoid making every 'debate' an exercise in point scoring against each other. 

Personally I couldn't care less if you think Gary Caldwell is the greatest manager in the world or even worse than Derek Johnstone. Just try and make your point without coming across as a petulant toddler. 

This is out of order Admin

No one is worse or can be worse than Derek Johnstone, the only manager in the history of football that ate the club car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2