Championship transfer thread - all the ins...

Dark Passenger

14 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Former jag Kevin Nisbet has signed a 2 year deal with Dunfermline 

Interested to see how Nisbet gets on at Dunfermline. Keen to see if he "found his level" in League One or if he can produce in the Championship.

I think the latter. Always thought there was a player in there somewhere. 

Time will tell..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Another former Thistle player pitches up at EEP in the shape of Paul Paton.

One if the funniest moments was watching Paton "warming down" after a match v st johnstone at Perth where he hadn't even played and as the fans left the stand the "Paul Patons an @rseh%le" song rang round an otherwise empty stadium. I'd my then 10 year old son and his pal at the game who laughed all the way home. Happy times

8 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Another former Thistle player pitches up at EEP in the shape of Paul Paton.

Thanks for keeping this up to date DP, so easy to check whos going where.

DU not signed many yet, being probably the biggest club being a barometer then not too concerned yet. I also see robbie muirhead released by dunfermline who are on a signing spree. I'm surprised as when we had him on loan he looked like he had a good future, one to invest in?

1 hour ago, Thistleberight said:

Thanks for keeping this up to date DP, so easy to check whos going where.

DU not signed many yet, being probably the biggest club being a barometer then not too concerned yet. I also see robbie muirhead released by dunfermline who are on a signing spree. I'm surprised as when we had him on loan he looked like he had a good future, one to invest in?

Agreed, thank you DP - much more useful than trying to find Championship news online!

I think DUFC are not expecting to make many signings at all, having spoken to a few people up here

They were pretty happy with the quality of players brought in during January, and so there will be signings, but probably less than the other teams

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Hopefully there is something happening regards signings. Its awfy quiet.

If you go on P&B and read the other Championship clubs' threads, you'll find practically every other clubs' fans are saying the same thing, with the possible exception of Dunfermline who seem to be on a spending spree for players who wouldn't have my heart singing if they rocked up at Firhill. (And Paton - who'd give me heart failure if he ever appeared again.) It's just really quiet all round.

We need someone to find out where we're training and take some photos. Always loved trying to identify English League One players training with us in hope of being signed. Surprising how many looked like Lyle Taylor and turned out not to be...

1 hour ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Never understood the anti-Paul Paton sentiment. Gave 100% and was our captain in one of the best teams i have seen that got us promoted.

That’s an excellent point.

MacNamara turned him into a huge asset for us so credit to both player and manager. It doesn’t mean we have to like either though!

And I think he’s been pretty rubbish since he left us, for every team he played for.

And so has Jackie!!